Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Thanks Donna and Kim, I know when I get into the swing of it again there will be no stopping me. I signed up for a 5k race today called Waggy Race. It's a race with your dog so looking forward to taking Alfie to that. Might need to get him out walking a bit more and doing some runs. He runs well with me but I now go running after work so have to make extra time to go with him, lol. My wee pouch will be in training for his first race, lol.

Well, I joined a group tonight and I am really excited to get going this time. But.....I am 9st 11lbs!!!!! Disgusted! That's the heaviest I have ever been in my life! I know you normally weigh more at night than in the morning and I have been weighing myself in the mornings for the last lot of months. Probably didn't help that we went to the chippy for lunch today, lol. So I have already planned breakfast and lunch for the next two days and sorted dinner for tomorrow.

Donna, I am sure you're excited organising your wedding. Wish I was doing it again, I loved my wedding day!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I know I'm a day early, but I'll weigh again tomorrow for official WI.... and I know it may possibly change..... but....

I weighed this morning out of curiosity and I'm 10 stone 2 and a half....... that means I've only gone and lost 4lbs this week!!!! :O

I know I'm a day early, but I'll weigh again tomorrow for official WI.... and I know it may possibly change..... but.... I weighed this morning out of curiosity and I'm 10 stone 2 and a half....... that means I've only gone and lost 4lbs this week!!!! :O

Well done Donna that's a great result !!! Just goes to show sticking to plan gives results :)
I'm hoping for similar next Tuesday xx

Wow Donna that is fab!! Let us know if it goes down any more!!

I'm really confused about group because when I go back to work I don't want to be at work all day, then go to group and spend an hour there when I've not seen mills all day. I'm going to want to come home and spend as much time with her as possible. I've looked for a lunch time group near where I work but there aren't any. Really gutted because I feel it does keep me on track but I don't want to be paying £5 a week just for a weigh when I can do that home!

Party tomorrow night so think I'm going to nip into town today and pick up some cake ingredients and take my sister for lunch if she ever texts me back!!

Wow Donna that is fab!! Let us know if it goes down any more!!

I'm really confused about group because when I go back to work I don't want to be at work all day, then go to group and spend an hour there when I've not seen mills all day. I'm going to want to come home and spend as much time with her as possible. I've looked for a lunch time group near where I work but there aren't any. Really gutted because I feel it does keep me on track but I don't want to be paying £5 a week just for a weigh when I can do that home!

Party tomorrow night so think I'm going to nip into town today and pick up some cake ingredients and take my sister for lunch if she ever texts me back!!

I know how you feel!!

I had the same feelings about a year or so back. Although my quandary
was financial rather than work/family.
Having worked it out, I decided to leave group and go it alone!!

But I`m not really alone as I have all my friends here on minis for support!!
And it`s 24/7 support for free compared to a few minutes a week in group.

Hope it helps!!

We've just finished dexter omg it's fab Nikki you will love it
Lol Donna our puppy is going to be called dexter :) xx

Didn't go to wi ... Sorry Kim but knew with * week due it wouldn't be good and would put me in a downer and I'm feeling so positive I didn't want the number to affect me if that makes sense. I'm 100% on plan today and have been since Sunday so hoping it will show this Tuesday. Can you put me as a no weigh for this week or even a sts pls Kim x
Im a bit like you Ronnie, it would only depress me if I saw a horrid number! x

Haha - it's a good name ;)

Well.... we've decided on a venue, it is so ridiculously amazing, we can't book for just over a week as can't check dates with the vicar until next Sat :( but they think they should still have availability. I suppose that's kind of good though as we can look at some other venues (we have two wedding fayre's before the Church meeting at different venues) but despite one of those venues being the place I've said I wanted to get married at for years I just know this one is way out of both their leagues.

Oh and how good am I, while I was there I had two glasses of bubbly (small glasses) but fiancé and son had McDonalds on the way home and although I was tempted as I was chuffing starving, I waited and had chick-pea dhal and couscous
Oooh sounds so exciting Donna.....have you got any pics of the venue so we can all have a nose x

Thanks Donna and Kim, I know when I get into the swing of it again there will be no stopping me. I signed up for a 5k race today called Waggy Race. It's a race with your dog so looking forward to taking Alfie to that. Might need to get him out walking a bit more and doing some runs. He runs well with me but I now go running after work so have to make extra time to go with him, lol. My wee pouch will be in training for his first race, lol.

Well, I joined a group tonight and I am really excited to get going this time. But.....I am 9st 11lbs!!!!! Disgusted! That's the heaviest I have ever been in my life! I know you normally weigh more at night than in the morning and I have been weighing myself in the mornings for the last lot of months. Probably didn't help that we went to the chippy for lunch today, lol. So I have already planned breakfast and lunch for the next two days and sorted dinner for tomorrow.

Donna, I am sure you're excited organising your wedding. Wish I was doing it again, I loved my wedding day!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
How lovely to run with Alfie, it will be bedlam with all those pooches but great fun I bet.
Pfft! Dont you worry about those numbers on the scales....you're dedicated and focused. Do you still want to go for a target of 8 stone......25 pounds in 15 weeks? x

I know I'm a day early, but I'll weigh again tomorrow for official WI.... and I know it may possibly change..... but....

I weighed this morning out of curiosity and I'm 10 stone 2 and a half....... that means I've only gone and lost 4lbs this week!!!! :O
Whoop whoop......you've gotta love the first week back on sw......well done tho Donna x

Well done Donna that's a great result !!! Just goes to show sticking to plan gives results :)
I'm hoping for similar next Tuesday xx
Aren't we both. Ive only been on plan since Monday, so not sure about a big loss, but you never know cos I've been pushing the fluids as yet again I'm like a puffa fish.....hormones x

[QUOTE=Nikki

Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Nikki - personally I would say save your money if all you're going to do is wi and go.....you have all the support on here and you know what you're doing x

I know how you feel!!

I had the same feelings about a year or so back. Although my quandary
was financial rather than work/family.
Having worked it out, I decided to leave group and go it alone!!

But I`m not really alone as I have all my friends here on minis for support!!
And it`s 24/7 support for free compared to a few minutes a week in group.

Hope it helps!!

I agree! I only went to group 4 times.....wasnt for me and have managed on my own......if you want to lose weight you will whatever!

I'm sorry for all the photos I post on here but doesn't half help knowing I'm showing you all my progress!!

Had a super morning...

Scales said 10st 6lb so I'm happy with that.
Mortgage got provisionally accepted! Woohoo!!

And I dug out all the jeans I "put away" back in May and I can get in them ALL... This is me in my size 8's!!! And they aren't at all stretchy so that's even better!

Attachments

• image-1764675086.jpg
    image-1764675086.jpg
    436 KB · Views: 91
You look fab Nikki ,
I'm an occasional lurker on this thread as after I have had my baby I have a feeling I'm going to be a regular visitor, I have 14 weeks left of my pregnancy and I'm almost approaching the tens :/
Congrats on your mortgage as we'll , I know how much these can be a pain to sort!
X

Afternoon ladies- just popping by to report a loss of 1.5lbs this week taking me to 9 1.5 - really hope I can get into the 8's next week!!

How lovely to run with Alfie, it will be bedlam with all those pooches but great fun I bet.
Pfft! Dont you worry about those numbers on the scales....you're dedicated and focused. Do you still want to go for a target of 8 stone......25 pounds in 15 weeks? x

I had been thinking about this last night and it's not really, maybe it wasn't even realistic before Christmas either.
I haven't set my target yet at group but I think it would be best if I just start with 1lb a week for this challenge and then if I do have any gains from now until the end of the challenge then I won't be so disappointed.
So going to go for 8st 10lbs and if I do any better then it's a bonus and that's me back into the 8's!

I had been thinking about this last night and it's not really, maybe it wasn't even realistic before Christmas either.
I haven't set my target yet at group but I think it would be best if I just start with 1lb a week for this challenge and then if I do have any gains from now until the end of the challenge then I won't be so disappointed.
So going to go for 8st 10lbs and if I do any better then it's a bonus and that's me back into the 8's!

Its probably wise to set yourself realistic goals Sinead rather than pushing for something you may not achieve and then feel so disappointed.......I've been there done it! Aiming for 1lb a week is much more achievable and like you say anymore is a billy bonus!
I always aim for 0.5 - 1lb per week, cos I know from experience thats what I tend to lose on average.......just wish I could maintain tho......have been like it all my life.....up and down like a yoyo!

hi ladies, sorry i havent been posted. Busy trying to sort my life out. Finally got a car which is excellent, well collect hopefully very soon. I had to borrow money due to the seperation from other half as he has taken the car. Not having one has been stressful as i need car for work. Also the house got its Home Report did today so fingers crossed that it comes back with good news.
This week i have been really good. Perhaps not eaten enough but not had crisps or chocolate and bascially been having 3 meals today. I went out running twice since new year - only 2 miles ach time but now since i have organised set days for OH to have the little on i should now be more consistent in getting my miles up. Would also like to start doing the Shred again ;o)
Basically i am not so much following sw but sort of am - know that doesnt make sense but it helps in my head haha

Happy belated birthday Nikki and HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH!! also you look fab.

Donna your hair is lovely like that ;o)

Kim how are you? any news on getting back to work? is the pain as bad or improving?

GA - i am on a money saving mission as well. Not got any option but will keep trying to juggle

hope everyone else is good - all newbies "hello"

Kim i will weigh in tomorrow and report back to you x x

Sounds like your doing okay Deb :)

Thank you, I'm glad you brought my hair up actually.... I'm still having the do I try and grow it for the wedding conundrum? What do you think? The venue we've chosen is a nice stately home. I also want a vale and tiara.... would that work with the hair I have now?

My fiancé had someone go into the back of him on the way to work today, the car has had to be sent off and he is really suffering, he's gone to sleep on the sofa now but his back and shoulder are really hurting :(

Sounds like your doing okay Deb :) Thank you, I'm glad you brought my hair up actually.... I'm still having the do I try and grow it for the wedding conundrum? What do you think? The venue we've chosen is a nice stately home. I also want a vale and tiara.... would that work with the hair I have now? My fiancé had someone go into the back of him on the way to work today, the car has had to be sent off and he is really suffering, he's gone to sleep on the sofa now but his back and shoulder are really hurting :(

This is really strange!! I went out with my friend earlier and we were in a car crash today! X

This is really strange!! I went out with my friend earlier and we were in a car crash today! X

Oh no, hope your all okay.

That is weird though, what are the chances.

Oh no hope you ok Nikki and hope your other half is ok too Donna how horrible x

Donna with your hair I wouldn't worry too much as these days you could always have extension or a hair piece to give you height / length that's what my friend is having done for her wedding can do lots of different styles then x

Had another 100% day and managed a small walk only a mile x

Nikki and Donna, hope everyone is ok after what`s happened . Must have been awful.

Finally had a 100% day today, so hoping for a loss at wi.
Think I`ll change my wi day to Fridays rather than Mondays.
Just in case I weaken over the weekend!! :)

Been at home for three days straight in a bid to save money and I`m going stir crazy.
Doing well on the money front but need to go shopping tomorrow.
First time this year!!

Will be taking Martin Lewis`s advise, I`m taking cash and leaving my debit card at home.
That way I won`t be able to overspend (hopefully!)
With a bit of luck there`ll be some improvements by the end of the month :D

Back