Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

I'm stressing so much!!!!

Don't know whether I did the right thing booking the venue, I know I want that venue. But Ash has decided to get baptised... which I'm really happy about, I didn't expect it. But I don't know how long it will take for him to get baptised and also don't know how the priest is going to take it all and if he'll let us book the date before Ash is baptised ect.

Not spoke to them yet, we went today but didn't mention the wedding as it will have been the first time he saw us, we were going to leave it a few weeks of going before mentioning it so he was used to seeing us, but now we think we probably need to speak to him sooner rather then later so we can set it all in motion, I just don't want him to think we're doing it just so we can get married. He seems like a nice man though, hopefully he won't mind. We're probably going to the vigil mass on Saturday evening this weekend so we'll see if we have time to talk to him after that, if not we'll ring him during the week next week to speak about it.

Not spoke to them yet, we went today but didn't mention the wedding as it will have been the first time he saw us, we were going to leave it a few weeks of going before mentioning it so he was used to seeing us, but now we think we probably need to speak to him sooner rather then later so we can set it all in motion, I just don't want him to think we're doing it just so we can get married. He seems like a nice man though, hopefully he won't mind. We're probably going to the vigil mass on Saturday evening this weekend so we'll see if we have time to talk to him after that, if not we'll ring him during the week next week to speak about it.

Oo keep us updated :)

6lbs gone..23lbs to go, 17 weigh ins :)

It's just if they will baptise him as daft as it sounds, the internet makes it look like its really hard to get baptised as an adult. It's not his fault his parents never did it :(

Hi I watch your thread but just thought I'd say hi,

With regards to your wedding talk to the priest this day and age they are used to people being unbaptised coming from a different religious background.

I have a venue dressing business and deal with lots of brides. Just give him a ring they are very helpful and normally let you book even before you are all baptised, the church is run like a business sadly these days.

Congratulations :)

Hi ladies, hope you don't mind me crashing this thread! You all seem really inspiring and I am desperate to get back into the 8 bracket where I was 3 years ago. I just seem to plateau at no more than 9st6. After a 6lb gain over Christmas I started off last week doing so well. Felt so much better, like I was losing weight and just healthy. On Friday I weighed in at 9st8. But last night went out for a friends birthday, drank about a dozen vodka and diet comes and then couldn't resist sharing cheesy chips and a couple of slices of pizza with my friend at the end. Today I tried to be good but just ended up grazing and had another vodka - I feel soooo angry with myself! Don't dare weigh myself until I have done better but I just need some support, I really want to do this. Sorry to ramble ladies :)

Hi I watch your thread but just thought I'd say hi,

With regards to your wedding talk to the priest this day and age they are used to people being unbaptised coming from a different religious background.

I have a venue dressing business and deal with lots of brides. Just give him a ring they are very helpful and normally let you book even before you are all baptised, the church is run like a business sadly these days.

Congratulations :)

Thank you :)

Do you think we're better off calling him rather then waiting for next week.

I've spoke to someone else who has said they know someone who got baptised in their 30's and it wasn't a big deal.

I'll feel so much better once we have the Church booked, can just relax then and book everything else as and when

Hi ladies, hope you don't mind me crashing this thread! You all seem really inspiring and I am desperate to get back into the 8 bracket where I was 3 years ago. I just seem to plateau at no more than 9st6. After a 6lb gain over Christmas I started off last week doing so well. Felt so much better, like I was losing weight and just healthy. On Friday I weighed in at 9st8. But last night went out for a friends birthday, drank about a dozen vodka and diet comes and then couldn't resist sharing cheesy chips and a couple of slices of pizza with my friend at the end. Today I tried to be good but just ended up grazing and had another vodka - I feel soooo angry with myself! Don't dare weigh myself until I have done better but I just need some support, I really want to do this. Sorry to ramble ladies :)

Haha don't worry, we all have a ramble, you can do it :)

I'm dreading my WI this Friday after celebrating yesterday

Thank you :) Do you think we're better off calling him rather then waiting for next week. I've spoke to someone else who has said they know someone who got baptised in their 30's and it wasn't a big deal. I'll feel so much better once we have the Church booked, can just relax then and book everything else as and when

Yeah just ring for an informal chat they are very helpful, most have a secretary and they will have a price list for church, to add bells, choir, organ etc if the church has them.

To be honest many churches only stipulate you go to 3 services before you get married and obviously you have to have your bands read out in church.

The fact you are attending well before you plan to get married is very good, many just ring up and arrange a visit etc.

So don't worry :) but I would say sooner rather than later as many vicars, priests serve so many churches in the area so although the church may not be busy that date the priest may be at a different church.

Welcome newbies!!

Weighed in earlier. 1lb loss so now 9st 9lbs.
Was hoping for more but it`s better than a kick in the teeth!! :)

Well done one the lb!!!!!
Welcome newbies :)
Ive had a little bit of a naughty weekend eaten out twice but ive synned them. Had nearly 30 syns on saturday and 20 yesterday so sticking to 10 a day tomorrow, tuesday and wed :)
How was everyones weekend x

6lbs gone..23lbs to go, 17 weigh ins :)

14 weeks to go......

SAY NO TO CHOCCIE EGGS FOR SLIMMER LEGS EASTER CHALLENGE
6th Jan ~ 21st April

Annette ( Monday)~ Goal weight 8st 12lbs
Wk 1: 9st 10lbs ~ Wk 2: 9st 9lbs

Ronnie (Tuesday) ~ Goal weight 9st 7lbs
Wk 1: No WI ~ Wk 2: 9st 12lbs

Sinead (Wednesday) ~ Goal weight 8 stone 10lbs
Wk 1: 9st 11lbs

Vicky (Thursday) ~ Goal weight 10st 5lbs
Wk 1: 11st 4.5lbs

Kim (Friday)~ Goal weight 9st 5lbs
Wk 1: 10st 1lbs

Deb (Friday) ~ Goal weight 7st 11lbs
Wk 1: 8st 3.75

Donna (Friday) ~ Goal weight 9st 7lbs
Wk 1: 10st 2.5lbs

Debbie (Friday) ~ Goal weight 8st 8lbs
Wk 1: 8st 10lbs

Nikki ( Friday) ~ Goal weight 9st 7lbs
Wk 1: 10st 5.25lbs

Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Last edited:
Well done on the 1lb loss.....dripping tap and all that! Dose yourself up with paracetomol Annette....hope you feel better soon x

How did the party go Nikki

I had an off plan day on Saturday as well Vicky as at a party, but at least you synned your naughties!!!

Hope you get your vicar sorted soon Donna, but I would definitely speak to him sooner rather than later.

Well done on the 1lb loss.....dripping tap and all that! Dose yourself up with paracetomol Annette....hope you feel better soon x How did the party go Nikki I had an off plan day on Saturday as well Vicky as at a party, but at least you synned your naughties!!! Hope you get your vicar sorted soon Donna, but I would definitely speak to him sooner rather than later. Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Party went well thank you. Bit of a disaster at the end but everything else was good.

Was my sis' bday yesterday and we went out. Hoping for a loss still on Friday but not sure if I will! 14 days until centre parcs and really trying hard to weigh in at 10st on Monday 27th! This was always my mini target but will be happy to hit it on 3rd feb too

I hate my sinuses, I'm in so much pain and it has now been 11 days and I am getting so mad with the constant poorlyness.

I have a 3 course meal next Monday and I haven't seen the menu so don't know how on plan I can be.

Also been talking about dates for the wedding and it's looking like end of 2015. X

Nikki it sounds as tho you need antibiotics again, cos I remember you were suffering a while ago and they helped......get to your GP young lady!
Im sure you'll get to your mini target as you're very focused.

I looked back at my diary from this time last year and I lost a stone from January to April so I'm hoping for the same result fingers crossed!
Also, my hubby and I were chatting about my weight and he said I didnt look very good at 8.7 cos my face looked scrawny.....I love his honesty......he says I look better at 9st which I didnt agree with, so we compromised and 8.11 is the end weight I'm going for......again!!!! Fed up with all this yo-yoing to be frank as its the same every year, but hopefully this will be my year to maintain!

Back