Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

ladies can anyone help with a non weight issue. i know none of you are in my position but i have no idea how to deal with my little one when he asks why daddy cant live with us. i have tried my best yet he seems to always ask his dad who is quite simple rubbish at it and says things like mum asked him to leave.
wee one seems ok and i explain mum and dad love him and that grown ups make decisions but it doesn't mean we love him any less.
i can see wee one tries to not get upset and the majority of the time he says he is happy but is only 4 and i don't want him affected x

13 weeks to go......

SAY NO TO CHOCCIE EGGS FOR SLIMMER LEGS EASTER CHALLENGE
6th Jan ~ 21st April

Annette ( Monday)~ Goal weight 8st 12lbs
Wk 1: 9st 10lbs ~ Wk 2: 9st 9lbs ~ Wk 3: 9st 7lbs

Ronnie (Tuesday) ~ Goal weight 9st 7lbs
Wk 1: No WI ~ Wk 2: 9st 12lbs ~ Wk 3: 9st 13lbs

Sinead (Wednesday) ~ Goal weight 8 stone 10lbs
Wk 1: 9st 11lbs ~ Wk 2: 9st 9lbs ~ Wk 3: 9st 6lbs

Vicky (Thursday) ~ Goal weight 10st 5lbs
Wk 1: 11st 4.5lbs ~ Wk 2: 11st 4.5lbs ~ Wk 3: 11st 3.5lbs

Kim (Friday)~ Goal weight 9st 5lbs
Wk 1: 10st 1lbs ~ Wk 2: 10st 0.5lbs

Deb (Friday) ~ Goal weight 7st 11lbs
Wk 1: 8st 3.75 ~ Wk 2: 8st 4.5lbs

Donna (Friday) ~ Goal weight 9st 7lbs
Wk 1: 10st 2.5lbs ~ Wk 2: 10st 2.5lbs

Debbie (Friday) ~ Goal weight 8st 8lbs
Wk 1: 8st 10lbs ~ Wk 2: 8st 9lbs

Nikki ( Friday) ~ Goal weight 9st 7lbs
Wk 1: 10st 5.25lbs ~ Wk 2: 10st 5lbs

Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Last edited:
Yes good luck Vicky!!

Ive totally lost intetest I think the sts did it last week. I just cant be bothered. I was so good last week and got nothing for it :-(

<3 <3 LPV <3 <3
.... 2.1.14 28lbs to lose :)....
1st WI 6lbs :-D
2nd STS :-(

I just wrote you massive essay Vicky :-( didn't send.

Basically, it said that I know it can disheartening but I've lost so slowly but if I gave up I would still be 12st 2lb not the 10st 5lb I am today. Yes it's taken 8 months but I've enjoyed my off plan days at the same time so really I'm quite happy now.

Please don't give up hun, you know the plan works and it's an amazing plan!! X

Omg!! Wedding is booked!!!!!!

584 days!!!

Going to focus on getting to target and then super toning up x

Well, I`ve been a silly billy!!

This happened yesterday morning.
I was going for my regular walk in a nearby park.
To get there, I have to cross a busy road.
Normally I used the pedestrian crossing, but stupidly,
I decided to dodge round the cars. It was early and
there was a queue of traffic to get into town.

I got past the cars on my side of the road and was checking
traffic going the other way. I saw there was nothing and went
to step out. Unknown to me there was a cyclist bypassing the stationary traffic
and he went into me,knocking me over!!

Admittedly, he should have been on the kerbside and I should have
used the crossing properly. So it was six of one and half a dozen of the other.

I sort of went over like a sack of spuds onto my left side.
Luckily, I didn`t hit my head!! The cyclist stopped to assist me
and also another cyclist, who happened to be an off duty
doctor from the local hospital. I could barely move but having
helped me off the ground, the doctor called an ambulance to
get me x-rayed, just in case.

Of course, I spent hours at the hospital. There`s no broken bones
which is a good thing. Just badly bruised on my backside and
down my left leg. Movement is still an issue and I`m having to use hubby`s
spare walking stick, I`m finding it very frustrating.

Getting into bed last night was a bit of a pantomime!!
As is using the toilet. At leas t we have a bed rail and a
toilet frame I can use.I just need to be very careful how I move.
If I get it wrong, it sort of catches if you see what I mean!!

The good thing about where we live is that`s it`s ground floor
and we have pull cords in every room for emergencies.
Our neighbours have been very kind, offering to do our shopping,
take me to the doctor`s etc.

I feel a bit of an idiot as I should have looked where I was going,
so it`s all my own fault. Can`t sit on the sofa at the moment as it`s
too low down for me to get up again. So I`m using a wooden chair
that we use to eat at the table.

All in all, I`m feeling very sorry for myself. I suppose I got
off lightly, if it had been a car it would have been a lot worse

Paid the deposit on our venue last night as well Nikki :) exciting

Deb I'm sorry I don't know what else to suggest but the link Kim posted is good.

I ended up going off plan yesterday, we had to go back to the venue last night (we were going to book it on Saturday but Ash has lost the hire car now and we haven't got our car yet :( so we're carless for a while) so we went last night and they had an open evening on, with free bubbly and cupcakes :/ so I some bubbly and a cupcake, then because it was late coming home and we were celebrating paying the deposit, we had an asda curry meal deal for tea as well

Bloody hell Annette that could have been dodgy, you poor thing. But thank goodness you are ok, albeit some bruises and probably a hurt pride.......plonker lol! Eeeek, I dread to think if a car had been coming, so count your lucky stars.......you wont do that again tho! Are you going to manage to cook or can hubby do that......not sure how able bodied he is? Have you got any family that can help out in the first few days when everything is a a bit tender? Have you got much pain? Alternating Paracetamol and Brufen can be effective, if not see if you can get to your GP for something a bit stronger. Also, a chemist will sell Paracetamol with codeine which might help x

Of Vicky, we all go through being fed up, especially when you know you've had a good week, but you've still lost 6lbs in 2 weeks and you dont know how you'll get on tonight. It takes time for the body to adjust......look at me, I only lost 0.5lbs in my first week! x

Nikki and Donna......how fab booking the venues......quite a lot of sleepy nights to go, but it will be here before you know it. Its so lovely hearing you both talk about your wedding plans and sharing it all with us :)
How many days for you Donna x

I lost a lb :) better than nowt. I feel really ill and my friend does as well think we have picked up a bug x

<3 <3 LPV <3 <3
.... 2.1.14 28lbs to lose :)....
1st WI 6lbs :-D
2nd STS :-(

Bloody hell Annette that could have been dodgy, you poor thing. But thank goodness you are ok, albeit some bruises and probably a hurt pride.......plonker lol! Eeeek, I dread to think if a car had been coming, so count your lucky stars.......you wont do that again tho! Are you going to manage to cook or can hubby do that......not sure how able bodied he is? Have you got any family that can help out in the first few days when everything is a a bit tender? Have you got much pain? Alternating Paracetamol and Brufen can be effective, if not see if you can get to your GP for something a bit stronger. Also, a chemist will sell Paracetamol with codeine which might help x

Thanks for the advice Kim!
You`re right I do feel a bit of a plonker!
I`m taking paracetameol and brufen.
If it doesn`t do the trick, I`ll ask my GP for something stronger.
Our kids are on zero hours contracts so it`s difficult for them
to get time off. As I said, neighbours have offered help.

Hubby isn`t too mobile but at the moment he`s more mobile than me!!
His main problem is with his memory. So what I`m doing is instructing him.
He can`t cook unsupervised as he`d forget what he`s doing.
But he can manage if I tell him exactly what to do.
For that reason, we`re not having anything complicated until I`m better.

I`ve ordered our shopping online. I`ve told hubby what to do when it arrives.
But I`ll have to remind him nearer the time.

Got hubby doing sw chips at the mo. So need to go now to supervise!!

Yay Vicky that is great. So chuffed for you!!

It's going to fly by Donna. It was 17 months ago I told you all I was pregnant and just think how quick that has gone!! Xx

Hi everyone, can't believe how quick this week has gone. Sorry I didn't get on yesterday after WI, I go after work, then into another class then by the time I got fed and spoke to mum it was time for bed.

I managed to lose 3lbs this week. So that me done to 9st 6lbs. This week will be * week so now sure how this will effect my WI next week. It's just started so may be away by then.

Hope everyone is well, going to rush off and get a shower as I am freezing after my run tonight! xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

ladies can anyone help with a non weight issue. i know none of you are in my position but i have no idea how to deal with my little one when he asks why daddy cant live with us. i have tried my best yet he seems to always ask his dad who is quite simple rubbish at it and says things like mum asked him to leave. wee one seems ok and i explain mum and dad love him and that grown ups make decisions but it doesn't mean we love him any less. i can see wee one tries to not get upset and the majority of the time he says he is happy but is only 4 and i don't want him affected x

Hi oh Deb it's not an easy time is it :-( I'm sure you'll all be fine once things settle down. The link Kim put on looks like good advice, I think also you both need to not argue in front of your little one or bad mouth each other (easier said than done ) can you talk to your ex to get him on board or are things strained? Keep strong huni sending you big hugs xx

Omg!! Wedding is booked!!!!!! 584 days!!! Going to focus on getting to target and then super toning up x

Woohoo !!! Congrats :)

Well, I`ve been a silly billy!! This happened yesterday morning. I was going for my regular walk in a nearby park. To get there, I have to cross a busy road. Normally I used the pedestrian crossing, but stupidly, I decided to dodge round the cars. It was early and there was a queue of traffic to get into town. I got past the cars on my side of the road and was checking traffic going the other way. I saw there was nothing and went to step out. Unknown to me there was a cyclist bypassing the stationary traffic and he went into me,knocking me over!! Admittedly, he should have been on the kerbside and I should have used the crossing properly. So it was six of one and half a dozen of the other. I sort of went over like a sack of spuds onto my left side. Luckily, I didn`t hit my head!! The cyclist stopped to assist me and also another cyclist, who happened to be an off duty doctor from the local hospital. I could barely move but having helped me off the ground, the doctor called an ambulance to get me x-rayed, just in case. Of course, I spent hours at the hospital. There`s no broken bones which is a good thing. Just badly bruised on my backside and down my left leg. Movement is still an issue and I`m having to use hubby`s spare walking stick, I`m finding it very frustrating. Getting into bed last night was a bit of a pantomime!! As is using the toilet. At leas t we have a bed rail and a toilet frame I can use.I just need to be very careful how I move. If I get it wrong, it sort of catches if you see what I mean!! The good thing about where we live is that`s it`s ground floor and we have pull cords in every room for emergencies. Our neighbours have been very kind, offering to do our shopping, take me to the doctor`s etc. I feel a bit of an idiot as I should have looked where I was going, so it`s all my own fault. Can`t sit on the sofa at the moment as it`s too low down for me to get up again. So I`m using a wooden chair that we use to eat at the table. All in all, I`m feeling very sorry for myself. I suppose I got off lightly, if it had been a car it would have been a lot worse

Oh no Annette poor you :-( god bet you got the fright of your life, so glad your not seriously hurt though, although being bumped and bruised is still painful take care Hun hope you feel a bit better in the next few days xx

I lost a lb :) better than nowt. I feel really ill and my friend does as well think we have picked up a bug x ........................................... <3 <3 LPV <3 <3 .... 2.1.14 28lbs to lose :).... 1st WI 6lbs :-D 2nd STS :-(

Well done Vicky !!! Knew you would do it so that's half a stone 3 weeks !!!!

QUOTE="SparkleShin;7007058"]Hi everyone, can't believe how quick this week has gone. Sorry I didn't get on yesterday after WI, I go after work, then into another class then by the time I got fed and spoke to mum it was time for bed. I managed to lose 3lbs this week. So that me done to 9st 6lbs. This week will be * week so now sure how this will effect my WI next week. It's just started so may be away by then. Hope everyone is well, going to rush off and get a shower as I am freezing after my run tonight! xxx Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins[/QUOTE]

Wow 3lbs well done !! Have you done anything different this week ? X

Ladies- I'm pleased to report that I hit the '8's' tonight at class! 8'13!!! Absolutely over the moon!! Thank you all for this thread- although I don't comment much, I avidly follow all of your chats! X

Well done girlies on the losses.
Steph you are more than welcome to come and join us in our chats......more the merrier

Back