Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

I know, I was really glad actually because not long before he'd got the message I'd had a word with him about her and said we'll have to watch her with wedding things and how she'll end up being a nightmare with it and he was a bit like... yeah maybe, then he got that message.... He was angrier about it then I thought he would be, as usually with her he'll make excuses, I think he was more angry about how she went about it, like if she'd spoke to him about it again herself it wouldn't have been so bad, but it's the manipulation. But I thought it was funny anyway, the other day she was telling him how neither of his brothers is offended that they haven't been asked to do anything in the wedding and how one in particular is glad he isn't the best man as he's the best man for another wedding the week before.... but like I said to Ash, she must have thought they should be offended and asked them if they are to find out that they're not.... as if they weren't offended they wouldn't randomly say that. The really funny thing with that is she's the first to say that they aren't that close.

I do actually think it would be nice if they were in the same suits and could be like ushers, but its only a small wedding so we don't really need ushers and we couldn't afford two more suits. If she wanted to pay for it, it would be nice, but it is like yeah but if she thinks she's got her own way with that.... what's next?

Aww donna I really feel for you. Im really glad my mum had no imput as she wasnt really that bothered and the hubs mum was out of the country for most of the serious planning as they go to spain from dec-april. Though she wouldn't interfer anyways.

Maybe you could tell her that you did want them as ushers but couldnt afford the suits and you really appreciate her financial help with this situation but kindly back off lol x

<3 <3 LPV <3 <3
.... 2.1.14 28lbs to lose :)....
1st WI -6lbs :-D
2nd STS :-(
3rd -1lb

The Sherwood Forest one is amazing Donna. I know people that have been to all of them but always go back to SF.

On the wedding front I'd put my foot down now if I was you. I don't think they should be in the same suits personally. We are having my dad, FIL, BIL (groomsman), SIL's partner (groomsman), OH and best man all in the same suits. Then we have 5 bridesmaids and 2 Paige boys xx

I think the plan is to say if they can pay for them we'll have them as ushers, but anything else is a no, I would say she has to sort it out but he's said he thibks we'd be better off adding them to our order as we have control then and she can't do anything like decide they should have top hats (we've decided only the grooms wearing a top hat as they're expensive and it will make him stand out but she's already said she thinks everyone should have one) I do think it would look nice to have some pics of his brothers and have them as groomsmen but she just winds me up.

Fiancé says he cant think of what else she would do, but I'm sure she'll come up with something.

You poor thing Annette, , you're not having much luck lately. Could you not have a family get together and tell your kids whats going on and you may need some help now and then. They're sounding a wee bit selfish!

Donna.....PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN WITH MIL!!!
Im a MIL & would never dream of interfering with any decisions my DIL and SIL make. I know they live in Bahrain and are having a baby, but they're adults and dont need me butting in with my pennith!

We're going out to see them in August so bubba will be 6 months old then, but we have skype.....so excited! But not at the varying flight prices! What airline would you recommend Nikki?

Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Last edited:
I think most sane people wouldn't interfere, but she isn't sane :/

My mums being surprisingly fantastic about it all, I think she had a bad experience with an interfering MIL and doesn't want to do the same to me, apparently his mum had the same experience, but I don't think she can see the similarities.... it's the same as when she kicked off all those years back saying we shouldn't be together, she didn't see how that was the same as her MIL not wanting her and her husband together because obviously she'd never treat her kids like that...

Kim, I wish we could have a family get together!!
With one of them it`s like nailing jelly to a wall!!
My mother always says " You`ll miss me when I`m gone!)
I used to think she was being a bid morbid but I can
understand now. She was half joking as my brother and I
visit regularly.
Think we`ll just have to be unavailable next time they want something!!

Donna - sorry you`re having so much trouble with MIL.
I`m glad in a way that we had a registry office wedding.
My late MIL was a bit of a nightmare, she was ok if you agreed with her.
Hubs could never see it!!
Then again, if we`d had a church wedding my own mother would have taken over!!
That was partly why I wanted a registry office wedding!! :)

Nikki, have a good time at CP!! :D

We`re supposed to be off to Dorset in two weeks.
Hope I`ll be ok by then!!
We`re not bothering to tell the kids, they can stuff themselves!!
Only trouble is, it means we don`t have much contact with the grandkids :(
When they`re older, we can arrange for them to see us without their parents

I suppose I'm quite lucky in that my fiancé has started to see what she can be like, at times he doesn't, but I suppose I pick up on every little thing now and get annoyed by it whereas she is still his mum so he'll let the little things go.

Oooo Dorset will be lovely, hope your feeling okay by then :) haha I think you have the right attitude with your kids

Ooo Kim exciting year for you getting a little grandbubba!! Eeeekkk!!! Is probably suggest emirates to be honest but second choice would be BA x

Ive had 6.5 syns today. Smallest amount I could have with my sunday dinner :)

<3 <3 LPV <3 <3
3rd -1lb

We want to go in August and its so pricey! But thanks Nikki, I'll have a look at Emirates.
Yes exciting times about the baby....but it still doesnt make sense I'm going to be a grandmother....it sounds too old! Which is daft really cos there are women in their 30's who are grandmothers.....
Have a great time in CP

Hope the weather cheers up a bit for you when you come down to my part of the world Annette, cos its a bit wet and windy at the mo. Im sure if you ignore your kids for a while they may get the message!

Are you getting your mojo back again Vicky?

Ive had a 100% weekend and had my first bit of chocolate since Jan 6th, the beginning of the Challenge.....needed to go cold turkey as a bit addicted lol! It was a creme egg.....are they getting smaller?

Not really kim. I'm just so knackered and when I'm tired I wanna eat!

Cream eggs are defo smaller. My downfall is minieggs!

<3 <3 LPV <3 <3
3rd -1lb

Not really kim. I'm just so knackered and when I'm tired I wanna eat!

Cream eggs are defo smaller. My downfall is minieggs!

<3 <3 LPV <3 <3
3rd -1lb

Did you have bloods taken? Do you think its all the uni work making you so tired?
Its funny that they do look smaller but the calories are still the same lol!
What the mini creme eggs or the little chocolate ones with a crunchy coating? Fatal to buy a bag of either of them cos how could any sane person not want to eat the whole bloomin lot haha!

Getting fed up with feeling inactive!!

While I`m much better than I was,
I`m still not 100%. Can`t twist properly
and still getting occasional stabbing pains.
Daft thing is, the stabbing pains aren`t where
I`m worst bruised!!

Hope I`ll still be able to go on hols!!
Our train tickets are already paid for.
We`re due to go Wednesday next week.

12 weeks to go......

SAY NO TO CHOCCIE EGGS FOR SLIMMER LEGS EASTER CHALLENGE
6th Jan ~ 21st April

Annette ( Monday)~ Goal weight 8st 12lbs
Wk 1: 9st 10lbs ~ Wk 2: 9st 9lbs ~ Wk 3: 9st 7lbs ~ Wk 4: No WI

Ronnie (Tuesday) ~ Goal weight 9st 7lbs
Wk 1: No WI ~ Wk 2: 9st 12lbs ~ Wk 3: 9st 13lbs ~ Wk 4:

Sinead (Wednesday) ~ Goal weight 8 stone 10lbs
Wk 1: 9st 11lbs ~ Wk 2: 9st 9lbs ~ Wk 3: 9st 6lbs ~ Wk 4:

Vicky (Thursday) ~ Goal weight 10st 5lbs
Wk 1: 11st 4.5lbs ~ Wk 2: 11st 4.5lbs ~ Wk 3: 11st 3.5lbs ~ Wk 4:

Kim (Friday)~ Goal weight 9st 5lbs
Wk 1: 10st 1lbs ~ Wk 2: 10st 0.5lbs ~ Wk 3: 9st 12lbs ~ Wk 4:

Deb (Friday) ~ Goal weight 7st 11lbs
Wk 1: 8st 3.75 ~ Wk 2: 8st 4.5lbs ~ Wk 3: sts ~ Wk 4:

Donna (Friday) ~ Goal weight 9st 7lbs
Wk 1: 10st 2.5lbs ~ Wk 2: 10st 2.5lbs ~ Wk 3: 10st 1lbs ~ Wk 4:

Debbie (Friday) ~ Goal weight 8st 8lbs
Wk 1: 8st 10lbs ~ Wk 2: 8st 9lbs ~ Wk 3: 8st 11lbs ~ Wk 4:

Nikki ( Friday) ~ Goal weight 9st 7lbs
Wk 1: 10st 5.25lbs ~ Wk 2: 10st 5lbs ~ Wk 3: sts ~ Wk 4:

Last edited:
I bet you do Annette, I know full well what it's like to feel debilitated, but I'm sure you'll be much better by next Wednesday. Shall I put you down as a No WI this week?

Deb did you WI this week? Hope you're ok :)
Already on week 4 of the Challenge ladies......good luck for this week.......dont forget the dripping tap analagy!

Yes please Kim.
Never thought about WI!

Sorry for the whinge!! :)

Please don't apologise Annette, just glad that we can all be an ear for you. Sometimes just getting it 'out' there can help and it sounds as tho you find it tough at times x

Thanks Kim!!

I know hubs gets a bit frustrated with me.
Probably cos he`s used to me being the healthy one
running around after him!! :D

I`ve sent him on a few errands to the Sainsburys local
at the top of the street. Gets him out of the way for a while.
Had to write everything down like he`s a child , he should be ok!!

How are you these days , Kim?
Dunno about you, but I`m getting fed up with a diet of daytime tv!! :D
Not whinging this time!!

Hey ladies long time no chat! :p hope you are all well :)

I am back and a stone up whoops! Been AWOL for probably a couple months now so I guess its not too bad considering. I just wasnt feeling like dieting for a while my head just wasn't in the game and then Xmas happened and I consumed all of the tasty all of the time!

Got into really bad habits that I had been out of for aaaaages as well like consuming whole packs of biscuits and half a multi pack of crisps at a time :-/ just greedy greedy binging!

Not even entirely sure what plan I am going to follow (if at all?) but this week I am just trying to make better choices than I have been as I literally have no money at all to buy food until I get paid next. Luckily the cupboards and freezer are pretty full and the OH will buy basics like bread and milk!

First day back at work after a week off and its also TOTM so really not feeling the usual start of a diet enthusiasm at all haha but will give it a bash! Xx

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hey ladies, I thought I would share with you how we utilized a 3 quid chicken over the weekend......

Marinated the whole chicken in lemon, garlic and black pepper, put the whole lemon up its bum and then roasted it.
Cut the chicken into 4 and had sw chips (made with venezia potatoes from tesco) and homemade coleslaw......I had the legs and hubby had the breast over saturday and sunday. Its amazing how much chicken you can get from it, if you look underneath the bird, there's loads.
Yesterday, I put the chicken carcass in the slow cooker with boiling water and cooked it for a couple of hours to make a stock. Chopped up a load of veggies that were skulking in the bottom of the fridge......bns, carrots, leeks, onions, white cabbage and when stock ready poured over veggies and cooked for about an hour until veggies all soft.
When cooked, I whizzed all the veggies until soup consistency where it made 4 huge portions, but could have made 6 smaller portions.

Moral of this was to tell you how far a 3 quid chicken can go.......4 main meals and 4 soups = 8 meals!!!

Back