Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

We`ve got a few days in a hotel in Bournemouth followed by a visit to friends
near Dorchester.
Our friends have already said it`s been a bit damp!!
Her idea of a joke I think!! :)
If it wasn`t for the fact that we`ve already paid
for the hotel and train tickets we`d seriously consider
cancelling. During the day I don`t feel too bad.
Just need to think about how I get about.
I`m at my worst first thing in the morning
but once I`ve been up for about 30 mins
I`m not too bad.
Hubs thinks that if I go out today I`ll be better prepared
for getting about on Wednesday.
But I feel that I might undo my progress and
I`ll be worse off that I am now.
So I`m staying in for the next few days to aid
my recovery.
Just debating whether we need to have assistance
at the various train stations we`re passing through.
Not sure how to go about getting that assistance.

Could you not ask your friends to come to the station to help you, if not I'm sure when you get to the station there are gaurds that will be able to assist you if you ask. Think you might get blown away on Bournemouth seafront, so you better be careful!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Could you not ask your friends to come to the station to help you, if not I'm sure when you get to the station there are gaurds that will be able to assist you if you ask. Think you might get blown away on Bournemouth seafront, so you better be careful!

Leaving our home station and arriving at Bournemouth won`t be a problem
as friends will be providing transport.
What I`m thinking of is that we arrive in London at Kings Cross
and depart for Bournemouth from Waterloo.
It`s the two London stations that concern me.
May have to look up on how to get assistance there.
Also, when we`ve done the trip before, we`ve crossed
London by bus. The bus itself is normally no problem.
The number 59 connects between Kings Cross and
Waterloo. We may not be able to manage to get on and off a bus with
our one large suitcase. So we might have to bite the
bullet and go by taxi. Which will cost a bit.

We`ve got a couple of days in which to make a decision.
Just need to find out how much notice the train
companies need in order to set it up if we need it.

Leaving our home station and arriving at Bournemouth won`t be a problem
as friends will be providing transport.
What I`m thinking of is that we arrive in London at Kings Cross
and depart for Bournemouth from Waterloo.
It`s the two London stations that concern me.
May have to look up on how to get assistance there.
Also, when we`ve done the trip before, we`ve crossed
London by bus. The bus itself is normally no problem.
The number 59 connects between Kings Cross and
Waterloo. We may not be able to manage to get on and off a bus with
our one large suitcase. So we might have to bite the
bullet and go by taxi. Which will cost a bit.

We`ve got a couple of days in which to make a decision.
Just need to find out how much notice the train
companies need in order to set it up if we need it.

Oh dear all sounds a bit sticky. I dont suppose you've got any sort of holiday insurance that you could get your money back if you cancel? Can your husband not carry suitcases etc.....what is exactly the problem that you will have with all the transfers?

We`re both slow at walking at the mo. He could walk our suitcase,
it`s on wheels. I suppose I`m nervous about the size of both stations.
Getting on and off the trains, both us and the suitcase as well.
We`ve got insurance for the travel but not for the hotel.
Dunno why I didn`t book it. Tbh, when we stay anywhere in this
country we don`t bother with insurance!!

We`re both slow at walking at the mo. He could walk our suitcase,
it`s on wheels. I suppose I`m nervous about the size of both stations.
Getting on and off the trains, both us and the suitcase as well.
We`ve got insurance for the travel but not for the hotel.
Dunno why I didn`t book it. Tbh, when we stay anywhere in this
country we don`t bother with insurance!!

Im sure it will work out ok in the end, the not knowing is the worse. There are always trollies about, so just grab one as soon as you get off the train x

Hey I get the train everyday. They are really good with assistance. If you tell the conductor on the train they will be able to radio ahead and make sure there is some one there to help then phone the second station and arrange for someone to meet you x

<3 <3 LPV <3 <3
.... 2.1.14 28lbs to lose :)....
1st WI -6lbs :-D
2nd STS :-(
3rd -1lb

Hey I get the train everyday. They are really good with assistance. If you tell the conductor on the train they will be able to radio ahead and make sure there is some one there to help then phone the second station and arrange for someone to meet you x

<3 <3 LPV <3 <3
3rd -1lb

Thanks for that!
I`m sure I`m worrying over nothing.
After all, there`s folk worse off than me that travel by train!:D

Hi everyone,
Just found this thread!

In the last month I have dropped from the 10st bracket to the 9st bracket! Woooo!

Currently at 9st 11lbs and have a target of 8st 7lbs (although would happily take 8st 10lbs) for a beach bod in mid-April!

Hi everyone,
Just found this thread!

In the last month I have dropped from the 10st bracket to the 9st bracket! Woooo!

Currently at 9st 11lbs and have a target of 8st 7lbs (although would happily take 8st 10lbs) for a beach bod in mid-April!

Hi there and welcome. No reason you cant reach your goal of 8.7, just stay focused and with lots of determination you can do it.

Hope you get something sorted Annette

That all sounds fantastic Kim :)

Welcome magic beans

Well I've had a good day, did some stomach exercises and went on the crosstrainer for 30 minutes.... also we went to the Church and it's booked!!!!

Yeeeeeeey so exciting donna!

<3 <3 LPV <3 <3
3rd -1lb

That's great news Donna!!

Annette, I do hope you manage to get on holiday and it doesn't cause unnecessary stress.

Vicky, did you weigh at home or just waiting till next week.

Well my OH went out with his work friends last night, belated Xmas do/ leaving do. I went to stay at mum and dads because last time he went out with them he got bladdered and because Millie is co-sleeping with us I didn't want him coming in and forgetting she was there!!

Got all my uniform ready for Monday and starting back at work. My jacket is a size 8 which is 1 size smaller than my last one and fits perfect! However, new skirt is still being embodied and do picked up a tesco cheapo pair of black trousers, size 10 as I had a very embarrassing split bum incident before so chose a size up and they fit lovely! Skirt is an 8 and should have it back in a couple of weeks.

Being very preemptive here but it is 82 weeks tomorrow until the wedding. I have 19lb to target. Just done the online food shop. All set to go as of tomorrow.

Also, cancelled my gym membership because I simply do not have the time and it saves me £30 a month, so on top of my £20 a month sw fee I'm saving and the £80 child benefit we get (not budgeted for this as forgot we get it !) we are going to save the extra £130 for the next 19 months so when we go in honeymoon we can take Millie somewhere fab that she is going to enjoy.

Does anyone have any baby tips.... Millie is 37 weeks (8.5 months) and she will not sleep anywhere other than our bed!! I initially didn't mind because it was only a couple of hours a night when she was poorly, but now it is every night all night !

Xxx

That's great news Donna!! Annette, I do hope you manage to get on holiday and it doesn't cause unnecessary stress. Vicky, did you weigh at home or just waiting till next week. Well my OH went out with his work friends last night, belated Xmas do/ leaving do. I went to stay at mum and dads because last time he went out with them he got bladdered and because Millie is co-sleeping with us I didn't want him coming in and forgetting she was there!! Got all my uniform ready for Monday and starting back at work. My jacket is a size 8 which is 1 size smaller than my last one and fits perfect! However, new skirt is still being embodied and do picked up a tesco cheapo pair of black trousers, size 10 as I had a very embarrassing split bum incident before so chose a size up and they fit lovely! Skirt is an 8 and should have it back in a couple of weeks. Being very preemptive here but it is 82 weeks tomorrow until the wedding. I have 19lb to target. Just done the online food shop. All set to go as of tomorrow. Also, cancelled my gym membership because I simply do not have the time and it saves me £30 a month, so on top of my £20 a month sw fee I'm saving and the £80 child benefit we get (not budgeted for this as forgot we get it !) we are going to save the extra £130 for the next 19 months so when we go in honeymoon we can take Millie somewhere fab that she is going to enjoy. Does anyone have any baby tips.... Millie is 37 weeks (8.5 months) and she will not sleep anywhere other than our bed!! I initially didn't mind because it was only a couple of hours a night when she was poorly, but now it is every night all night ! Xxx

Hi Nikki, does Millie still wake at night?
My little one slept in our bed while I was feeding her so prob up till 7 mths. To break the habit I moved her into her room. You will just have to be very firm whenever you decide to tackle it. Don't do it this week now with you going back to work she and you will want extra cuddles!
To be honest I for my first 2 babies I was like 'no way will I have them in our bed'! But I knew this would be my last baby so I used to have her in bed. Millie will not be in your bed forever. My little one is 2 now and they only time she comes in now is if teething. She is getting her last 2 molars but it is rare she wakes with pain.
If it is a case that you and Rich would prefer her to sleep in her cot then put her in her own room and after a week all should have settled down. Be firm, if she cries go in comfort her but say night night and go again. Keep doing that until she falls asleep. It might be very tough first few nights or you might have no trouble. She will get used to new routine.
As I say if ye are happy with her in your bed I would carry on.....just remember though once she starts crawling etc it's harder to keep her safe in your bed.
Hope my rambling helps!! Good luck.

Yeah I agree, best way to do it is to just ignore the crying :( which ia extremely hard but should settle down after a couple of days.

I haven't worked out how many weeks until our wedding, but its 550-something days. I need to be at my target by then (whether thats 9 stone 7, 9 stone or 8 stone 12 I'm going to just decide as I go along)

Hi Nikki, does Millie still wake at night? My little one slept in our bed while I was feeding her so prob up till 7 mths. To break the habit I moved her into her room. You will just have to be very firm whenever you decide to tackle it. Don't do it this week now with you going back to work she and you will want extra cuddles! To be honest I for my first 2 babies I was like 'no way will I have them in our bed'! But I knew this would be my last baby so I used to have her in bed. Millie will not be in your bed forever. My little one is 2 now and they only time she comes in now is if teething. She is getting her last 2 molars but it is rare she wakes with pain. If it is a case that you and Rich would prefer her to sleep in her cot then put her in her own room and after a week all should have settled down. Be firm, if she cries go in comfort her but say night night and go again. Keep doing that until she falls asleep. It might be very tough first few nights or you might have no trouble. She will get used to new routine. As I say if ye are happy with her in your bed I would carry on.....just remember though once she starts crawling etc it's harder to keep her safe in your bed. Hope my rambling helps!! Good luck.

We moved her to her own room at 5 months. Then we moved out whilst we had the house decorated, then Millie was really poorly and the combination of everything meant she was comfier in our bed. Some nights she will mange 5 hours in her travel cot in our room but other nights it's just 10 minutes.

We don't mind her being in our bed but she has now discovered she is comfier sleeping on her belly and in on her knees. She is also trying to crawl and some nights she had spun so her feet are in my ribs and head in Richs ribs. I think there is a tooth coming too :-( look at this picture of her in the jacuzzi bath at centre parcs <3 so big !

Attachments

• image-2338524343.jpg
    image-2338524343.jpg
    399 KB · Views: 63
So cute ........haha, I've just looked at the picture again and its a good job it wasnt any higher cos that looks like a pair of mans legs!!!

Did you WI on friday Debbie?

So cute ........haha, I've just looked at the picture again and its a good job it wasnt any higher cos that looks like a pair of mans legs!!! Did you WI on friday Debbie? Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Haha it is Richs legs! X

Morning
Sorry Kim thought I'd said wi for last Tuesday I lost 1lb taking me back to 9.12 :)

Well had a lovely birthday weekend we stayed at a great hotel right in the middle of derby very new very cheap and very good. I also got a new coat (size 12) and a dress for the wedding in May, wasn't really looking for a dress we were just seeing what was about picked a few up tried them on and hubby loved it, it fits perfectly and was not too expensive. It's a lipsy dress and a size 12 too :) !!
Food wasn't on plan but wasn't too bad neither did have a few drinks no hangover though and fully back on plan today. Hoping for a sts at wi.

Annette I'm sure you'll get assistance on the trains try not to stress Hun it will be good for you to get away x

Nikki how was centre parcs ? Can't wait till we go on the 14th :)

Well done Kim you're doing fab huni !! great couple of weeks :)

Hope everyone is doing ok too and having good weekends xx

Back