Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Well done Deb.......isnt it more important to be shrinking and toned, than worry about some horrid numbers that pop up in a bit plastic lol!

Keep it going Annette, see told ya it gets easier......you know that anyways as you're a seasoned SW'er like most of us on here!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well done Deb.......isnt it more important to be shrinking and toned, than worry about some horrid numbers that pop up in a bit plastic lol!

Keep it going Annette, see told ya it gets easier......you know that anyways as you're a seasoned SW'er like most of us on here!

thanks Kim and yes you are right.
ideally the scales to match how i feel would be good but just trying to do what i can with exercises for now. really should try sw again to see how much of a difference it makes

must get reading.

how are you?

thanks Kim and yes you are right.
ideally the scales to match how i feel would be good but just trying to do what i can with exercises for now. really should try sw again to see how much of a difference it makes

must get reading.

how are you?

If you need to have the discipline, do SW Deb, but if you're managing to stabilise your weight & you're happy..... why do it? Don't forget its not just about the numbers!

I'm feeling like doggy doo doo to be honest! Had a steroid injection in my shoulder last night...... ended up going private as it was too much of a wait on the NHS.....I now am having difficulty actually moving my arm, feel hot & nauseous! It can take up to a month to work & am going back in 5 weeks. If this doesn't work it will be back to neurosurgeon! All good news me!
SW wise I'm still on plan, but not sure what WI will be like tomorrow as still have *week!

Hi ladies, I got weighed in today rather than yesterday. I normally go to group near where I work but I am off this week so went to one closer to home but with the same consultant.

I don't know how I did this but I lost 4lbs!!! I am now down to 8st 11.5lbs. Can't believe I am finally down to the 8s again! I had a total opposite week to last week and ate rubbish all week up to Monday then feel sick on Tuesday and ate very little but still rubbish. Sod laws that I take off on leave and I get sick.

I also did my first race since the marathon on Sunday and I was in a bit of pain. I have been having pains in my lower back, just under my bum cheek and on my right hip so went for a sports massage which near killed me. I was told I had a build up of lactic acid (I am wondering does this cause you to weigh more!) but having been back out running to see if it has worked.

Debbie that is great news that you are into the 9s now. I am having trouble organising just a normal holiday with DH, would is so fussy so I can imagine was you are going through with your fiancé. Hope you get your honeymoon sorted though.

Nikki, that is a gorgeous pic of you and your daughter. You are both so pretty.

Annette welcome back x

Deb, have you only started running? If you have it could be the build up of muscle. But when I was doing the Marathon I wasn't following a healthy diet and marathon training didn't make me lose any weight. What about adding interval training to you runs.

Kim, really sorry you are in pain and I hope that injection kicks in soon. xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh and I am really sorry for the mis-spellings in my post. I am on my phone and predictive text likes to play games with me.

If you need to have the discipline, do SW Deb, but if you're managing to stabilise your weight & you're happy..... why do it? Don't forget its not just about the numbers! I'm feeling like doggy doo doo to be honest! Had a steroid injection in my shoulder last night...... ended up going private as it was too much of a wait on the NHS.....I now am having difficulty actually moving my arm, feel hot & nauseous! It can take up to a month to work & am going back in 5 weeks. If this doesn't work it will be back to neurosurgeon! All good news me! SW wise I'm still on plan, but not sure what WI will be like tomorrow as still have *week!

Hi huni how's you feeling today ? Hope your shoulder and arm is feeling a little bit better :) take care xx

Deb your doing so well on your running, well done xx

Hi Annette it's great getting back on plan... Well done I'm sure that little gain will be gone soon x

Well done on slimmer of the week and 4lb loss that's amazing !!! Need to know your secret :) x

Me again! For to mention I got slimmer of the week! ;) Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Wow fab loss, well done!

8 11 for me today, think that a Sts. Happy with that, I've stopped pressuring myself to lose more and I am a lot more at ease stepping on the scales!

If you need to have the discipline, do SW Deb, but if you're managing to stabilise your weight & you're happy..... why do it? Don't forget its not just about the numbers!

I'm feeling like doggy doo doo to be honest! Had a steroid injection in my shoulder last night...... ended up going private as it was too much of a wait on the NHS.....I now am having difficulty actually moving my arm, feel hot & nauseous! It can take up to a month to work & am going back in 5 weeks. If this doesn't work it will be back to neurosurgeon! All good news me!
SW wise I'm still on plan, but not sure what WI will be like tomorrow as still have *week!

awe Kim.....how is it today? not good at all. hugs!!!
what is the success rate of the injection?

Hi ladies, I got weighed in today rather than yesterday. I normally go to group near where I work but I am off this week so went to one closer to home but with the same consultant.

I don't know how I did this but I lost 4lbs!!! I am now down to 8st 11.5lbs. Can't believe I am finally down to the 8s again! I had a total opposite week to last week and ate rubbish all week up to Monday then feel sick on Tuesday and ate very little but still rubbish. Sod laws that I take off on leave and I get sick.

I also did my first race since the marathon on Sunday and I was in a bit of pain. I have been having pains in my lower back, just under my bum cheek and on my right hip so went for a sports massage which near killed me. I was told I had a build up of lactic acid (I am wondering does this cause you to weigh more!) but having been back out running to see if it has worked.

Debbie that is great news that you are into the 9s now. I am having trouble organising just a normal holiday with DH, would is so fussy so I can imagine was you are going through with your fiancé. Hope you get your honeymoon sorted though.

Nikki, that is a gorgeous pic of you and your daughter. You are both so pretty.

Annette welcome back x

Deb, have you only started running? If you have it could be the build up of muscle. But when I was doing the Marathon I wasn't following a healthy diet and marathon training didn't make me lose any weight. What about adding interval training to you runs.

Kim, really sorry you are in pain and I hope that injection kicks in soon. xxx

wow..excellent!!! very well done.
that is brilliant

Wow fab loss, well done!

8 11 for me today, think that a Sts. Happy with that, I've stopped pressuring myself to lose more and I am a lot more at ease stepping on the scales!

well done you.

everyone has did great x

well ladies i am staying off the scales for four weeks.....or til the challenge ends.
i am up to 8st 7.5lb.
i didn't have any alcohol last week and still gain.
i have decided that for four weeks i will go by how i feel as the scales just bug me.
my ex partner has new job which is making it hard to stick to the running routine.
think i will need to run 2 or 3 days in a row which puts me off but i don't want to go days in between doing it. though i figure it won't do any harm

Feeling pretty good today, even tho there`s my
granddaughter`s birthday later!!
Haven`t had any alcohol this week so hopefully
there`ll be a good result when I weigh in.

Kim.. you`re really going through it. Hope the injection
is successful. You deserve a lucky break.

Hope everyone else is doing ok and that we`re all geared up for the weekend!!

Hi ladies, thanks for all your thoughts. Hopefully it will kick in soon, cos it must be doing something cos I'm
in agony still, with a nasty headache/feeling relly hot......I could have thumped him when he did it, cos he wiggled that needle in my arm for about 2 minutes.....yuck yuck!

Deb, ignore those scales if you're feeling good about yourself
Success rate Deb.......it will either help or not help the pain. The thing is I have more referred pain from my neck in the scapula region......its all so interlinked....waiting game I'm afraid......I'm good at that!

Well done on the sts Debbie

Great loss Sinead

OK, here's a conundrum for you all......I keep a diary and out of interest this week I kept a record of all the Hex's I didnt have......eg. on a red day I had 1 hexa and 2 hexb's, so counted them all up and I didnt have 6 hexa and 2 hexb = approx 48 syns/ 960 calories I never ate this week. Ok so I know that means potentially I may not be having enough calcium/fibre, but I know enough about nutrition and have been at this game long enough to know Im not being deprived in my diet. This week I went over by 19 syns.....*week, so needed chocolate lol!
So, my point is I didnt feel that bad I went over on syns because of all the hex's I didnt have. Would I have lost more if I had eaten them........we will never know!!!! Did I balance myself out???
I suppose its a bit like tweaking.......I have granola for breakfast that isnt a Hexb, but I have 30g that equates to 6 syns/120 calories......at the end of the day a calorie is a calorie. What are you thoughts?
Disclaimer........do not try this at home......it was an experiment!!!!

Anyways I lost 3.25lbs since last WI!

Last edited:
5 weeks to go........

SAY NO TO CHOCCIE EGGS FOR SLIMMER LEGS EASTER CHALLENGE
6th Jan ~ 21st April

Annette ( Monday)~ Goal weight 8st 12lbs
Wk 1: 9st 10lbs ~ Wk 2: 9st 9lbs ~ Wk 3: 9st 7lbs ~ Wk 4: No WI ~ Wk 5: No WI ~ Wk 6: No WI ~ Wk 7: No WI ~ Wk 8: ? ~ Wk 9: ? ~ Wk 10: ? ~ Wk 11: 10st

Ronnie (Tuesday) ~ Goal weight 9st 7lbs
Wk 1: No WI ~ Wk 2: 9st 12lbs ~ Wk 3: 9st 13lbs ~ Wk 4: 9st 12lbs ~ Wk 5: 9st 12.5lbs ~ Wk 6: 9st 11lbs ~ Wk 7: No WI ~
Wk 8: 9st 13lbs ~ Wk 9: 9st 13.5lbs ~ Wk 10: 9st 13lbs ~ Wk 11: 9st 11.5lbs

Sinead (Wednesday) ~ Goal weight 8 stone 10lbs
Wk 1: 9st 11lbs ~ Wk 2: 9st 9lbs ~ Wk 3: 9st 6lbs ~ Wk 4: 9st 6lbs ~ Wk 5: 9st 6lbs ~ Wk 6: 9st 5lbs ~ Wk 7: 9st 3lbs ~ Wk 8: sts
Wk 9: 9st 3.5lbs ~ Wk10: 9st 1.5lbs ~ Wk 11: 8st 11.5lbs

Vicky (Thursday) ~ Goal weight 10st 5lbs
Wk 1: 11st 4.5lbs ~ Wk 2: 11st 4.5lbs ~ Wk 3: 11st 3.5lbs ~ Wk 4: No WI ~ Wk 5: ? ~ Wk 6: ? ~ Wk 7: ? ~ Wk 8: ? ~ Wk 9: ?
Wk 10: ? ~ Wk 11: ?

Kim (Friday)~ Goal weight 9st 5lbs
Wk 1: 10st 1lbs ~ Wk 2: 10st 0.5lbs ~ Wk 3: 9st 12lbs ~ Wk 4: 9st 10lbs ~ Wk 5: 9st 11lbs ~ Wk 6: 9st 9.5lbs ~ Wk 7: 9st 10lbs ~ Wk 8: 9st 10lbs ~ Wk 9: 9st 9lbs ~ Wk 10: no wi ~ Wk 11: 9st 5.75lbs

Deb (Friday) ~ Goal weight 7st 11lbs
Wk 1: 8st 3.75 ~ Wk 2: 8st 4.5lbs ~ Wk 3: 8st 4.5lbs~ Wk 4: 8st 4.5lbs ~ Wk 5: 8st 6lbs ~ Wk 6: 8st 6lbs ~ Wk 7: 8st 6lbs ~
Wk 8: 8st 7.75lbs ~ Wk 9: 8st 6.5lbs ~ Wk 10: 8st 6lbs ~ Wk 11: 8st 7.5lbs

Donna (Friday) ~ Goal weight 9st 7lbs
Wk 1: 10st 2.5lbs ~ Wk 2: 10st 2.5lbs ~ Wk 3: 10st 1lbs ~ Wk 4: 10st 2.5lbs ~ Wk 5: 10st 4lbs ~ Wk 6: 10st 2lbs ~ Wk 7: 10st 2.5lbs ~ Wk 8: 10st ~ Wk 9: 10st 1.5lbs ~ Wk 10: 9st 13.5lbs ~ Wk 11: 9st 12lbs

Debbie (Friday) ~ Goal weight 8st 12lbs
Wk 1: 8st 10lbs ~ Wk 2: 8st 9lbs ~ Wk 3: 8st 11lbs ~ Wk 4: 8st 12lbs ~ Wk 5: 8st 12lbs ~ Wk 6: 8st 12lbs ~ Wk 7: 8st 13lbs ~
Wk 8: 8st 10lbs ~ Wk 9: 8st 11lbs ~ Wk 10: 8st 11lbs ~ Wk 11: 8st 11lbs

Nikki ( Friday) ~ Goal weight 9st 7lbs
Wk 1: 10st 5.25lbs ~ Wk 2: 10st 5lbs ~ Wk 3: 10st 5lbs ~ Wk 4: 10st 5lbs ~ Wk 5: 10st 5lbs ~ Wk 6: 10st 4.75lbs ~ Wk 7: 10st 2.75 ~ Wk 8: 10st 2.25lbs ~ Wk 9: 10st 2.25lbs ~ Wk 10: 10st 2.25lbs ~ Wk 11: 10st 1.25lbs

Last edited:
Hi ladies, thanks for all your thoughts. Hopefully it will kick in soon, cos it must be doing something cos I'm
in agony still, with a nasty headache/feeling relly hot......I could have thumped him when he did it, cos he wiggled that needle in my arm for about 2 minutes.....yuck yuck!

Success rate Deb.......it will either help or not help the pain. The thing is I have more referred pain from my neck in the scapula region......its all so interlinked....waiting game I'm afraid......I'm good at that!

Great loss Sinead

OK, here's a conundrum for you all......I keep a diary and out of interest this week I kept a record of all the Hex's I didnt have......eg. on a red day I had 1 hexa and 2 hexb's, so counted them all up and I didnt have 6 hexa and 2 hexb = approx 48 syns/ 960 calories I never ate this week. Ok so I know that means potentially I may not be having enough calcium/fibre, but I know enough about nutrition and have been at this game long enough to know Im not being deprived in my diet. This week I went over by 19 syns.....*week, so needed chocolate lol!
So, my point is I didnt feel that bad I went over on syns because of all the hex's I didnt have. Would I have lost more if I had eaten them........we will never know!!!! Did I balance myself out???
I suppose its a bit like tweaking.......I have granola for breakfast that isnt a Hexb, but I have 30g that equates to 6 syns/120 calories......at the end of the day a calorie is a calorie. What are you thoughts?

Not good about the injection but then I`m a bit squeamish about them!!
The last one I needed I passed out and had to scraped up off the floor!! :)

Trying not to think too much about my dentist appointment on Monday :(

As for your syns and hex`s.
Gave myself brainache just thinking about it, so I`m none the wiser!!
I suppose if you feel ok, then that`s fine.
You had a loss so it must be ok!! :)

Great loss Sinead

OMG OMG 3.25 lbs loss that is fab. was going over ur 19syns including ur hex that u didnt take??? y.day i had atotal crap day and had a chocolate binge....ragin now stood on scales and yep i have put pound back on. i am thinking though if i only have slce of bread as hex and few carbs it will hopefully come bk off b4 weigh in on tues. did you train much last week kim??? how many miles did you cover to get that loss?

you really are an inspiration x

Back