Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Hi Pebbles
Well done on your fab weight loss so far and welcome to the 9s to 8s thread.
Never not want to go away because of what you're going to eat......life is too short, go and enjoy yourself and just try and make sensible choices......if you can lol!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thank you,

I know it's silly of me but I could really do without it! I haven't really told anyone I'm following sw just that I'm being as good as I can because I get a lot of comments and criticism from the MIL.
And going camping a few days before our holiday just means I'll be undoing the hard work I've done for longer! X

Welcome, pebbles!!

Happy Birthday, Kim!! :birthday:

I`ve just found out that my Aldi cheese triangles aren`t a hexa!! :sigh:

Looks like I`m back to Dairylea or Laughing Cow. Thought I was saving myself some cash!!

Birthday is on the 3rd May, but today is the only day we can both go shopping.

Pebbles....why do you feel you cant follow sw when you go camping? Why do you get grief from the MIL? Try not to worry too much about it all, cos when we get stressed the body releases a hormone called cortisol which slows down the metabolism, making it harder to lose weight.

Annette.....if the calories equate the same as the laughing cow cheeses I really wouldn't worry too much. I have granola everyday as a hexb and its not doing me any harm as I measure 35g and syn whats over 120 calories/6 syns. A big fat tweak I know and would never suggest anyone does it, but a calorie is a calorie and as l know I'm getting a healthy balanced diet with plenty of calcium, fibre etc, I dont worry!

Just had magic porridge for the first time.......frozen raspberries, natural yogurt and 35g porridge.......wow! Initially I thought the texture was a bit like baby food lol, but once I got used to it........scrummy :)

Last edited:
I will still be able to follow it, but it will involve breakfasts made with oil, BBQ food, lots of alcohol and usually loads of crisps & cheese & crackers.

She has this thing about weight, I put on 3st when I met my OH and she wouldn't let me forget it, if eat a biscuit or chocolate and get filthy looks and comments such as "should you be eating that?" Or "you should really think about what your putting in your mouth before you do it" or I'd eat lunch and she'd say "oh if you're eating now you won't need any dinner then will you"
She's a complete and utter cow so I try to avoid saying anything about dieting to show her she can't get to me so now I am loosing weight it's like a kick in the gut as she thought I couldn't do it!

I will still be able to follow it, but it will involve breakfasts made with oil, BBQ food, lots of alcohol and usually loads of crisps & cheese & crackers.

She has this thing about weight, I put on 3st when I met my OH and she wouldn't let me forget it, if eat a biscuit or chocolate and get filthy looks and comments such as "should you be eating that?" Or "you should really think about what your putting in your mouth before you do it" or I'd eat lunch and she'd say "oh if you're eating now you won't need any dinner then will you"
She's a complete and utter cow so I try to avoid saying anything about dieting to show her she can't get to me so now I am loosing weight it's like a kick in the gut as she thought I couldn't do it!

OK....bbq food isnt too bad, lots of meat and salads.....count the oil as a hexb. You can avoid the crisps and cheese, or just nibble on it and the booze, just dont have any or water it down with soda/slimline/diet coke. Can you not take your own food?
It sounds as tho what ever you say to your MIL she wouldn't listen, so dont waste your breath on her.....sounds like jealousy to me!
If you can, just ignore her and anyone else that makes negative comments about healthy eating, do your own thing and stand up to the bigots. Remember you are looking after your health and should be proud of yourself, they're not!

Birthday is on the 3rd May, but today is the only day we can both go shopping.

Pebbles....why do you feel you cant follow sw when you go camping? Why do you get grief from the MIL? Try not to worry too much about it all, cos when we get stressed the body releases a hormone called cortisol which slows down the metabolism, making it harder to lose weight.

Annette.....if the calories equate the same as the laughing cow cheeses I really wouldn't worry too much. I have granola everyday as a hexb and its not doing me any harm as I measure 35g and syn whats over 120 calories/6 syns. A big fat tweak I know and would never suggest anyone does it, but a calorie is a calorie and as l know I'm getting a healthy balanced diet with plenty of calcium, fibre etc, I dont worry!

Just had magic porridge for the first time.......frozen raspberries, natural yogurt and 35g porridge.......wow! Initially I thought the texture was a bit like baby food lol, but once I got used to it........scrummy :)

Thanks for that, Kim.
I`ll check them next time I`m shopping.
I`ve got a box of Aldi triangles in the fridge.
I`ll put the deatils in my phone and compare them to laughing cow and dairylea.

I`ve had to phone the benefit office today.
I get carer`s allowance for hubby and it should have been paid in on Monday.
With it being a bank holiday, I thought it would have been in yesterday, but still nothing today.

There was a bit of a blip with their system so I should get double payment next Monday.

Thanks for that, Kim.
I`ll check them next time I`m shopping.
I`ve got a box of Aldi triangles in the fridge.
I`ll put the deatils in my phone and compare them to laughing cow and dairylea.

I`ve had to phone the benefit office today.
I get carer`s allowance for hubby and it should have been paid in on Monday.
With it being a bank holiday, I thought it would have been in yesterday, but still nothing today.

There was a bit of a blip with their system so I should get double payment next Monday.

Ive just had a look and Dairylea lights are 35 cals, Laughing cow lights are 25 cals and Aldi lights are 28 cals. So not much in it really unless you have the extra light which are 20 cals.

Ive become a fantastic budget shopper and I love doing it, cos its amazing how much you can save by shopping around. I use an app to compare all the supermarket prices and then go to that particular shop and save loads of pennies!

Hope you get your money sorted.

Ive just had a look and Dairylea lights are 35 cals, Laughing cow lights are 25 cals and Aldi lights are 28 cals. So not much in it really unless you have the extra light which are 20 cals.

Ive become a fantastic budget shopper and I love doing it, cos its amazing how much you can save by shopping around. I use an app to compare all the supermarket prices and then go to that particular shop and save loads of pennies!

Hope you get your money sorted.

Not much in it, then!!

Not really worth the effort counting syns as there`s so little difference between Aldi and Laughing Cow lights.
I`ve not seen extra lights in my local Aldi. Certainly worth keeping my eyes peeled!!

Aldi is so much cheaper than the "big four" supermarkets. Of them I find that Asda is cheapest.
When I shop, I go to Aldi and Iceland as they`re next door to each other where I live.
Whatever I don`t get in either of them I get in Asda.
I get my meat from the market.

Thanks for looking up the calories!!

Not much in it, then!!

Not really worth the effort counting syns as there`s so little difference between Aldi and Laughing Cow lights.
I`ve not seen extra lights in my local Aldi. Certainly worth keeping my eyes peeled!!

Aldi is so much cheaper than the "big four" supermarkets. Of them I find that Asda is cheapest.
When I shop, I go to Aldi and Iceland as they`re next door to each other where I live.
Whatever I don`t get in either of them I get in Asda.
I get my meat from the market.

Thanks for looking up the calories!!

My pleasure Annette.
We only have a small Morrisons and Tesco where I live, so have to travel for Asda or Aldi, but when we do we certainly stock up on my 1kg natural yogurts!

Morning ladies hope your all good?
Ronnie, big massive well done on your loss. That is brilliant!!

Yesterday was day 25 of my 50 day challenge. Only 24 more to go yay

Been eating better by not having bags upon bags of crisp but not strictly following sw either.feel better but not putting emphasis on a loss this week.
Once i move house and have more time money and focus am hoping to do much better

Well done Deb, you're doing fantastically well.....do you feel fitter?
Haha, well done on abstaining on the crisp front!

I dont think I will get a loss this week either, fully expecting a gain......but we gotta live!

Well done Deb, you're doing fantastically well.....do you feel fitter?
Haha, well done on abstaining on the crisp front!

I dont think I will get a loss this week either, fully expecting a gain......but we gotta live!

Hmmm not sure. I can run for longer but it still kills me. I can do jillian Michaels dvd without wanting to cry. My arms are pretty toned and my tummy is getting better.
I would enjoy it more if life wasn't upside down but its also helping with the upside down life too.....perhaps its the reason i signed up the day before my house was sold....fate? Ha ha

Welcome pebbles...

Sorry if I've missed loads everyone, just back from Yarmouth Tuesday and then yesterday was my brother's 21st and I had a road race last night, out tomorrow night for brothers Birthday and wedding dress shopping today, hoping to get a deposit down on a dress as she's having a big sale, there's the dress I think I want going to see what she's reduced it too and if I still want it I'll either pay that or see if she'll still do the 20% off and free alterations she was offering before... as she did say that should last until 6 months after I saw her at the wedding fayre. Going to try some others on as well though and see if there's something else that catches my eye.

Also looking at honeymoons and we're a little torn now, I'm still sort of sold on Mexico as we've found a fab hotel which is 24 hour gourmet all inclusive, butlers on the beach, four post bed and jacuzzi bath in all rooms (which are all junior suites) so just pure luxury.

But I made the mistake of looking at cruises and we've seen one for Norway and Iceland, which would be great.... and Ash seems completely sold on that, but my main worry is it's going to cost more then Mexico and we have to buy our drinks on board and obviously everything we want when we're on shore as well... and as neither of us have been on a cruise before I don't know how comfortable the cabins are or which cabins we'll be wanting to book, he thinks we'd be okay with an outside cabin, but I think we'd want at least an outside cabin with a balcony as then we'd have somewhere to sit on our own if we wanted.... we've been to hotels before where we have had to sit on the bed and have a drink together which I don't mind usually, but when it's our honeymoon and I'll know we could have been relaxing in a jacuzzi bath doing the same thing.... ?

Does anyone have any experience with cruises in particular p&o? (both are adults only which is one of our main priorities as we're not taking little one and because we both work in schools the last thing we want is other peoples kids on our honeymoon.... plus seeing loads of kids would make me miss our boy even more)

Morning ladies!! I'm very pleased to report that I have lost that pesky half a pound to get me to target!!!!!! Whoop whoop! It's been a long hard slog but I'm now 8'9- I figure I never believed I would see when I was 14'2!!!!!

So Kim, week one of challenge- loss 1/2 pound. Now to maintain!!! Eeeek!! X

Whoopie Steph, really really happy for you. You should be so proud of yourself for the amount you've lost......well done x

BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO STEPH WHO'S JUST LOST HER LAST PESKY HALF A POUND TO REACH TARGET! :D

SUMMER SLIM 'n' TRIM CHALLENGE
21st April - 25th August

RONNIE ~ maintain at 9st 10lbs (Tuesday)
Wk 1: 9st 8.5lbs ~ Wk 2:

SINEAD ~ target 8st (Wednesday)
Wk 1:

STEPH ~ maintain at 8st 9lbs (Thursday)
Wk 1: 8st 9lbs TARGET! ~ Wk 2:

CARRIE ~ target 8st 10lbs (Thursday)
Wk 1:

KIM ~ target 8st 11lbs (Friday)
Wk 1:

DEB ~ target 8st (Friday)
Wk 1:

DONNA ~ target 9st 7lbs (Friday)
Wk 1:

DEBBIE ~ maintain at 8st 12lbs (Friday)
Wk 1:

ANNETTE ~ target 9st 4lbs (Friday)
Wk 1:

NIKKI ~ target 9st - 9st 7lbs (Saturday)
Wk 1:

Morning ladies!! I'm very pleased to report that I have lost that pesky half a pound to get me to target!!!!!! Whoop whoop! It's been a long hard slog but I'm now 8'9- I figure I never believed I would see when I was 14'2!!!!! So Kim, week one of challenge- loss 1/2 pound. Now to maintain!!! Eeeek!! X

Well done that's brilliant !!! X joining me on maintaining now :) !!

Welcome pebbles... Sorry if I've missed loads everyone, just back from Yarmouth Tuesday and then yesterday was my brother's 21st and I had a road race last night, out tomorrow night for brothers Birthday and wedding dress shopping today, hoping to get a deposit down on a dress as she's having a big sale, there's the dress I think I want going to see what she's reduced it too and if I still want it I'll either pay that or see if she'll still do the 20% off and free alterations she was offering before... as she did say that should last until 6 months after I saw her at the wedding fayre. Going to try some others on as well though and see if there's something else that catches my eye. Also looking at honeymoons and we're a little torn now, I'm still sort of sold on Mexico as we've found a fab hotel which is 24 hour gourmet all inclusive, butlers on the beach, four post bed and jacuzzi bath in all rooms (which are all junior suites) so just pure luxury. But I made the mistake of looking at cruises and we've seen one for Norway and Iceland, which would be great.... and Ash seems completely sold on that, but my main worry is it's going to cost more then Mexico and we have to buy our drinks on board and obviously everything we want when we're on shore as well... and as neither of us have been on a cruise before I don't know how comfortable the cabins are or which cabins we'll be wanting to book, he thinks we'd be okay with an outside cabin, but I think we'd want at least an outside cabin with a balcony as then we'd have somewhere to sit on our own if we wanted.... we've been to hotels before where we have had to sit on the bed and have a drink together which I don't mind usually, but when it's our honeymoon and I'll know we could have been relaxing in a jacuzzi bath doing the same thing.... ? Does anyone have any experience with cruises in particular p&o? (both are adults only which is one of our main priorities as we're not taking little one and because we both work in schools the last thing we want is other peoples kids on our honeymoon.... plus seeing loads of kids would make me miss our boy even more)

Big decision Donna ... I'd do Mexico and have it all included it's your honeymoon xx

Back