Anyone in their twenties? I could do with chatting to someone in the same boat :(

i wish i was 22 and looked 25 again!

Hey :) Just registered on here so I can post on this thread as I'm in exactly that same boat. I'm 23 also. When I was 18 I used to weigh ~8st, at 5' 5 I fit into size 8 clothes. On reflection I was actually a bit underweight but I felt awesome, used to still be able to get takeaways and go out every weekend and maintain a lovely slim figure. I had waist-length hair and great skin, although I remember always criticising myself even back then for how I looked as I've always had bloating from IBS. Over the next 5 years I settled into a long term relationship and started uni and my weight just went up and up. I didn't believe in weighing myself ("as long as I'm happy I'm fine"). I got into the worst eating habits, started smoking and doing less physical activity and my metabolism is probably ruined right now. Surprise, suddenly I was overweight.

I currently weigh in at 12st. I don't have much money as a student so I haven't really been able to afford new nice clothes to wear. I don't have the motivation to buy any in my size either so I find myself sat around in leggings and cardigans which are my mothers hand-me-downs. My boyfriend says my style has shifted to "nanna style" and it's true. I don't even have big boobs so it's all just sat there around my middle like big fat sausages which is disgusting. I never feel motivated to get dressed up day-to-day like I used to and when I go out I never get compliments on how I look because I'm out of practise at making the effort. Looking back on my old photos I'm incredibly jealous of 18-year-old me. Sometimes I feel like I don't even want to go out and enjoy myself because I just feel ugly and cumbersome.

We're all going away on holiday in June. Two of my friends who are going are so lovely and slim and I just know I'm not going to get away with a bikini like they'll be wearing. Over the last week I've committed to big changes. If I can get down to about 10 stone then I think I'll get my self-confidence back. I've thrown out most of my cardigans and leggings. I forbid myself to lapse back into that old slob lifestyle where I don't care and just cover myself up. I've also started to quit smoking. The money I save from smoking can go towards buying myself new clothes for my new body. Bonus: I'll be able to exercise for longer with clean lungs. I'm so psyched up now for losing weight and showing everyone how I really should look, I just hope I don't lose momentum.

I'm 25 but look 17/18. I've always looked young and still get I'd all the time even with my partner who is 49 (he doesn't look it also) still get questioned haha. I have been with him for 3 years and when we first got together I was a size 12 and then again like many others you get comfortable and pile on the pounds and then I realised after looking at a Facebook picture of me that I have gotten really big. My heaviest weight is 14.1 and that was horrendous for me as I've always been the skinny one of my friends and siblings. I am so glad that I went to the doctors about it and got the help I needed with slimming world :). Wooo xx

Im 22 & must look about 16/17. I constantly get id'd and even when i produce my id they insist it isnt me! Its quite embarrassing being a girl who goes out alot and smokes - i cant leave the house without my passport! My mam even got told that we'd have to finish up our meals once in a pub as kids weren't allowed in after 9pm!!! As much as this will be a benefit when im older, at the moment its irritating, especially holding my friends up at the doors of a night club!

I've really piled on weight the last few years and its getting to the point now where its just ridiculous. I remember a time when I was a size 10-12. Im now a size 18-20, its sickening! I got into the mindset of "i dont care, im happy" and then just drank more pints and ate more kebabs :( not a good combo. Span it out over a few years and your left with a fat mess!
Well, enough is enough! Im going to be slim haha! Im going on holiday to sunny beach bulgaria in july and i cant face being the fat friend on yet another girls clubbing holiday! I want to be the one dancing on the bar and participating in all the games, not the one holding the bags in one hand and a pint in the other! I dont want someone telling me i might sink the lilo! So thats it, serious diet :) I started on tues 25/2/14 and have lost 5kg (12lb) since then :) just got to keep going!

I wouldn't worry about it. Somebody guessed I was 37 when I was 23! I took it an indication they thought I was mature in my attitude and wiser than my years :)

i always knock about 20% off my guess when asked, I'd rather be wrong and avoid upsetting someone or even flatter them a little.

Hii Im 23, and im the opposite, I have such a baby face & voice that I'm hoping with losing weight people will stop thinking I'm 16/17 =[

I'm 25 but get told I look younger but have often been told I should have been born in a different era lol. I think that may be my makeup though rather than my face.... ha ha

I always try to find skater dresses, I'm pretty lucky to have an hourglass shape so my waist is pretty thin but my hips, thighs, belly, bum and boobs and shoulders lol are all flabby and horrible.

Tights I find are my saviour, they pull my belly in better than leggings and I wear dresses every single day of the week, except weekends. I hate the way my jeans look but they are easier to the gardening in. lol

I think experiment with things you would think you would normally wear. It's difficult to get out of shopping habits if you're always buying the same things or sticking within your comfort zone. You never know, you might surprise yourself :)

Sophie xx

Im 25 and while I pretty much look my age, I think what's so hard about being overweight in your late teens and twenties is that all the girls around you are a size 8, size 10 at a maximum and it makes you feel ginormous! I'm between 5ft 10 and 5ft 11 so even at a healthy BMI of between 23-24 (which I'm obviously not at the moment!) I still feel so much bigger than all the shorter tiny girls.

Still, once I'm back where I should be, I won't even worry about it as I know shorter girls would often love to be taller! Us girls are so hard on ourselves, we're always too big/small, short/tall, etc!

I'm 22 and had a baby three years ago ever since then my weight has fluctuated massively. I'm 15.10 which is the biggest I've ever been however now i think I'm ready to get back in control again x

Hey all!

Ive just turned 22 but everyone assumes im 25 they say its because im level headed i say its because im a porker.

My heaviest was 16st5lb just before christmas. My last weigh in on sunday was 14st10lb which is the lowest ive been for about 4 years. I again settled in a long term relationship and learning to drive made all my exercise disappear. Why walk 2 miles to the shopping centre then struggle back with all my shopping when i can just drive :p

Im losing weight slowly but surely. My target is 11st7lb which is the same weight as i was at 13 years old. Im 6ft so i can carry a bit more weight haha even at 16st5lb i was only just a size 18. Now im a size 14 bottom and 12 on top i just really need to lose my rolling belly

Hey all! Ive just turned 22 but everyone assumes im 25 they say its because im level headed i say its because im a porker. My heaviest was 16st5lb just before christmas. My last weigh in on sunday was 14st10lb which is the lowest ive been for about 4 years. I again settled in a long term relationship and learning to drive made all my exercise disappear. Why walk 2 miles to the shopping centre then struggle back with all my shopping when i can just drive :p Im losing weight slowly but surely. My target is 11st7lb which is the same weight as i was at 13 years old. Im 6ft so i can carry a bit more weight haha even at 16st5lb i was only just a size 18. Now im a size 14 bottom and 12 on top i just really need to lose my rolling belly
Hi, what diet are u doing?

Hi, what diet are u doing?

Hey im doing weight watchers. Going through a wall at the moment just waiting to get as far away from 14 10 as possible but been here for 4 weeks now haha

Hey im doing weight watchers. Going through a wall at the moment just waiting to get as far away from 14 10 as possible but been here for 4 weeks now haha[/QUOTE
Hi, I'm currently 15st 2lb at my heaviest it was 16st 3lb. I'm on the slim fast diet at the mo.. I keep haveing binges what is slowing down my progress! :(
What do u think is stopping your progress? Do u exercise? Maybe you have just hit the weight loss wall, it takes a few weeks to concur. How are u finding weight watchers?

Hey. I tried slim fast but found it very hard after a few days. I do exercise but i work very sporadic hours so cant always to everything i want to do. I wanted to try juicing this week but after slim fast i cant face it haha

Hi ladies, hope it's OK if I subscribe?? I was literally just looking for a thread for people in their 20s :) I'm almost 25 and doing Slimming world after failing Weight Watchers. .
Congrats on both your weightloss so far!!! :thumbup::thumbup::)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi ladies, hope it's OK if I subscribe?? I was literally just looking for a thread for people in their 20s :) I'm almost 25 and doing Slimming world after failing Weight Watchers. . Congrats on both your weightloss so far!!! :thumbup::thumbup::) Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app
I had a cheat day yesturday :( it was gooooood ;) back on a stricked SF diet today, weight In Friday.. Let me no how sw goes chubbywitch as I'm tempted to join.. All this no eating markly is hard work! X good luck everyone! X

Hey. I tried slim fast but found it very hard after a few days. I do exercise but i work very sporadic hours so cant always to everything i want to do. I wanted to try juicing this week but after slim fast i cant face it haha
What does the juice drink invole?
I was tempted to join the gym but my local one is £49 a MONTH! With a £35 join fee! Way too much money!

What does the juice drink invole?
I was tempted to join the gym but my local one is £49 a MONTH! With a £35 join fee! Way too much money!

Its a 5 day juicing diet by jason vale which involves making your own juices but ive been adding up the total cost and it will be about £40 which is a lot for some juice haha. Dont you have a local council run gym? I pay £22 a month with no joining fee and no contract.

Its a 5 day juicing diet by jason vale which involves making your own juices but ive been adding up the total cost and it will be about £40 which is a lot for some juice haha. Dont you have a local council run gym? I pay £22 a month with no joining fee and no contract.
No it's not a council run gym, it used to be then someone brought it. It's ridiculous! £40 is defently a lot for some juice!
Il look into it and maybe we can do it together? Least then we can share the struggle. X

Back