anyone intereseted in a walking challenge?

I have had an aching back all week and wasn't sure I would be walking anywhere earlier in the week - has anyone else had any walking injuries?! I am thinking of having a few pilates sessions to work on my core strength in the hope my back and hips strengthen up a little more. The only other thing I have been informed the aches might be, is from losing weight too fast - has anyone experienced this!?

Anyway, on to the weekly stats!

M: 15,833
T: 15,792
W: 16,790
T: 17,920
F: 15,223
S: 7,982 (clothes shopping in town - (two new dresses in a size 14!)
S: 6,550 (weekend jog/walk up and down hills).
Total: 96,090, approx 53 miles! Eeeek!

Btw, I have noticed a few people mention they have been running - as far as I know, most pedometres (unless the super-duper uber expensive ones), will not pick up steps whilst running. My pedometre is actually on my mobile phone and does not pick up running steps and actually only starts after the first 8 steps, so I try not to stop on my walks at lunch time and from work to home (I've become a master of dodging traffic!).

Last edited:
mine was about £10 and does pick up my steps while running... altho do not know how acurate it is as i have never counted the steps...

i have had a rubbish count this week, so ill start again 2moro!

monday: 13,007 steps
tuesday: 16,882 steps
wednesday: 7,171 steps
thursday: 16,613 steps
friday: 7,540 steps (rubbish! i forgot my trainers when i went to the gym, d'oh! then i got home and sat on the sofa and couldn't face going for a jog. rubbish rhuba :break_diet:)
saturday: 12,676 steps. not bad for no exercise!! was rushing round manically buying stuff for the bbq. was perfect little house-girlfriend for the oh's family
sunday: 11,490 steps. not bad, should have tried harder but for some reason was knackered this weekend. :rolleyes:

TOTAL FOR WEEK 2: 85,379.

not as good as last week, but i still hit my target :D i think i slowed down a bit, as my body is getting used to being a little more active.

Hi All !
Just seen this thread i got a Omron ped the other day would love to join in , although looking at your daily steps mine are much less mainly as on a vlcd but i will be going up plans soon so able to exercise more, as of 1st July i will be Calorie counting to lose the rest of the weight needed .. but i love walking and want to keep that up regardless of CC or weight,
i have not be able to hit 10,000 steps yet i got 9834 on Wednesday but that's because i was walking around london getting lost -lol ! and tube strike so i walked,

terrible start for today so far only 2516 but maily stuck at my laptop working so will do a good walk later with the dog !
looking forward to getting to know you and joining in!​

welcome to the walking challenge!

don't worry about your daily totals compared to everyone elses - it's more of a personal - group challenge if that makes sense? it's not a competition, more like a challenge to meet our own daily/weekly targets. having others who do it too helps, as you've got people to bounce off and get ideas from as to how to up your steps!

have you thought up any targets for daily stepping? it really helps to have something to aim for!

good luck xx

have you thought up any targets for daily stepping? it really helps to have something to aim for!

good luck xx

Seeing as my daily steps are around 5-6000 i was hoping to up it to 8000 a day and each week increase by 700steps, by adding 100 or more to each day so today 8000 , tuesday 8100 wednesday 8200 so on and see how i do :rolleyes: ... just waiting for rain to pass which it has and will be talking dog out very shortly to get anywhere near target for today !
thanks for the warm welcome :eek:

cool cool, sounds good. you'll find it pretty easy to up them gradually like that - sometimes if i find myself a bit low i do silly things like take the clean washing upstairs a pillowcase at a time lol.

last night i went swimming so my steps were only at 5,000ish by 9-o-clock. i was determined to get over 10,000, so i dragged the oh out for a post-dinner stroll instead of watching britain's next top model!

we both felt much better for it.

WEEK 3:
monday: 11,059 steps

WEEK 3:
tuesday: 10,635 steps. went shopping after work and clocked up 5,000!

Hi All,
Wow your results are really inspring hmm not so pleased with myself as went for a 2 hour dog walk once it has cooled down i have a black labrador she is not so keen on heat bless her but i forgot my pedometer :mad:
so my result for yesterday is 4233:( - you really need to take that thing everywhere, will be trying to to get past 10,000 today thats a great idea about the washing but sadly i live in a bungalow! - :)
i do jog up and down the hallway trying to up them ! my dog thinks i have gone crazy ! ... don't you fine it addictive to up your steps everyday ? - i think i know what to buy everyone for christmas ! x

totally addictive lol!

that's why i dragged the oh out for a walk on monday night. i knew i didn't need to go for the exercise as i'd done an hour of swimming but i hated the fact that the pedometer only said 5000 something!

i probably need to give myself a break!

Hey everyone! Havent been on the forum in a few days. Feeling abit lost! Anyway here are my steps.

Week 2
Monday: 5275
Tuesday:3175
Wednesday:2388
Thursday: 12035 Yahooo!
Friday: 2454
Saturday:1919
Sunday:3142
Total: 30388. Cool

Week 3
Monday: 3871
Tuesday:6265

hey numberone. keep it up, you're doing great!

WEEK 3:
tuesday: 10,635 steps
wednesday: 3,080 steps. i knew yesterday would be low. it was raining heavily at lunch time so i couldnt go for my walk and i had commissions to make last night so didn't go to the gym.

tis interesting to see what a normal non-gym day without a lunchtime walk results in step-wise. it's amazing how much you can add just from a 45min walk on your lunch break!

has reinforced my desire to get more active as well. it's better weather today so will be going on a walk, then it's interval training at the gym later, so hopefully i'll clock up a few then!

i am feeling really pleased today as already my steps are 9579 at 16:00 i still have the dog to take out on her 2nd walk later with husband ... however i am not so happy that i gave in and ate 4 lindt chocs around 40g :mad: i am on a vlcd ( cambridge ) this is a totall no - no i am only doing cambridge till around 3rd July but can't afford to mess up .. why do people buy me choc's !!:rolleyes:

rhuba - Take it easy you have really been giving your body a bash in with all your gym, swimming & walking listen to your body pls don't over do it their is a website you can work up how many calories you need to have depending on your level of exercise under burn meter
Calculate Daily Calories Burned

wannabe x

rhuba - Take it easy you have really been giving your body a bash in with all your gym, swimming & walking listen to your body pls don't over do it

thanks lovely!

i think you're right. i felt very tired and lethargic all day yesterday and just needed to eat. i went WAY over my cals, but rather than binge i made sure it was mostly good food. anywho, this is about walking-i confess all in my food diary :eek:

thursday: 12,636 steps :)

i have been rubbish this week again. SO ill start again on monday, again.

me too!! i will put my total weeks steps so you can see how rubbish !
i am determined that this week i will getting into the 8000's and over each day
30912 total weeks steps :( average of 4416 a day not good ! but i promise to do better !

Back