• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Anyone Know a SW friendly Sweet & Sour recipe??

SpaceAngel

I ate my willpower!
S: 21st6.0lb C: 21st6.0lb G: 11st0lb Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Here ya go

6 Spring Onions, finely sliced
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
salt and pepper
3 tbsp light soy sauce
Fry Light
1tbsp dark soy sauce
2tbsp sweetner
2tbsp raspberry vinegar
1tsp paprika
1/2tsp chinese 5 spice powder
100ml passata
6 x chicken breasts

Slice the chicken very thinly in a shallow pyrex dish. Sprinkle over the spring onions and garlic, season well and poor over the light soy sauce. Mix well the cover and marinate for 30 mins.

Spray a large, non stick frying pan with frylight, and when hot, add the chicken mixture and cook over a high heat. stir and cook for 5 mins and then add the dark soy sauce, sweetener, vinegar and paprika, chinese 5 spice and passata. Stir and mix well and bring the mixture to the boil.

Reduce the heat and cook gently for 3-4 mins or until the chicken is cooked through.

Free on EE and Red, Free on Green if using chicken as a HEXB.

Maria SW

S: 15st2lb C: 13st12lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 32.3 Loss: 1st4lb(8.49%)
You could either mix a tin of chopped tomatoes with honey (count as Syns) or you could buy one of these jars:

Tesco Healthy Eating, Sweet & Sour Stir Fry Sauce, jar 440g jar

Syns: 8.5 red/ green so even if you have half a jar, that's just 4.5 syns... and even less if it's going between 4!

Or:

Tesco Light Choices, Sweet & Sour Oriental Cooking Sauce, jar 510g jar

Syns: 7 red/green

Or:

Asda Good for You, Sweet & Sour Cooking Sauce, jar 320g jar

Syns 11 red/green

If you're on a red day then your chicken or pork will be free, and your veg would be as well.

Maria SW

S: 15st2lb C: 13st12lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 32.3 Loss: 1st4lb(8.49%)
SpaceAngel, that recipe sounds great... never imagined you could make it all for free! x

SpaceAngel

I ate my willpower!
S: 21st6.0lb C: 21st6.0lb G: 11st0lb Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
SpaceAngel, that recipe sounds great... never imagined you could make it all for free! x
I got the recipe from the Comfort Foods cookery book, one of the best books IMO!