Anyone know about carb blocking pills?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by onefatmama, 16 August 2007 Social URL.

1. onefatmama

onefatmama Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    The great CD, Again!
    Hi,

I have heard a little bit about carb blockers and phase 2 pills, but can anyone tell me if they work and which are the best to buy.

Thanks

ofm xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. princess farkie

princess farkie Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    Hey!

If you are on CD/LL/LT then I seriously wouldn't recommend them. They open a whole bag of worms and tend to allow people to think that they can eat anything after popping a couple of pills and that no damage will be done. While they get a good press (depending on where you read about them) they are designed to be taken by individuals such as bodybuilders in order that they achieve/maintain their ripped look. It's quite an extreme step to take if you ask me and not a particularly healthy (physical or emotional) approach to weight loss/food IMO. Popping pills won't help us to learn how/what/when to eat in order to achieve/maintain our slim bodies (when we get there).

Sorry it's not too scientific - just my experience of them via friends who have tampered!!!
    xx

4. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Definitely NOT to be taken whilst on a VLCD. Have no idea how good they are with a normal diet, but you shouldn't be taking things like this whilst following CD/LL/LT.

5. Lynn8124

Lynn8124 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    seefood
    I think they are probably useless like every other diet pill there is. I actually bought into the idea that they (not carb blockers but different pills) could help me despite being skeptical, only pounds I lost were from my purse. :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.