Anyone know about Diabeties risks?

mags1x

mags
Hi everybody!

One of the reasons that motivated me to weightloss was during pregnancy I had gestational diabetes. I was tested afterwards, and even though I was 4.5 stones overweight I was ok. However I was told my risk of developing diabetes was very high if I did not sort out my weight, and even then at a healthy weight my risk would still be slightly higher than the rest of the population. So here I am ALMOST a healthy bmi (one more darned pound lol) and I'm wondering what my risk actually is? Is it 1 in 10? 1 in 100? Does anyone know?

I am 31 yrs old and in the last 6 months my Dad (age 62) and sister (age 40) have both been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, they are both overweight still though, does this statistically increase my own risk?

Is weight control and healthy diet enough? is there anything else I can do to cut my risk?

Thanks in advance for any bits of info anyone has!

Mags
xxx

Hi Mags - Fabulous weightloss! You deserve congratulations for taking such positive steps towards diminishing your risk...

At Cambridge, we have a partnership with Diabetes UK, to help them find the "missing million" people who don't know they already have diabetes....and I have a leaflet which I can e-mail you, if you like?

[email protected]

(Don't know any other way to show it you!)

oooh thank you , I have emailed you!

Mags
xxx

Back