Anyone know about Diabeties risks?

Discussion in 'Health' started by mags1x, 5 April 2007 Social URL.

1. mags1x

mags1x mags

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2.5lb(8.25%)
    Diet:
    Bit of this bit of that
    Hi everybody!

One of the reasons that motivated me to weightloss was during pregnancy I had gestational diabetes. I was tested afterwards, and even though I was 4.5 stones overweight I was ok. However I was told my risk of developing diabetes was very high if I did not sort out my weight, and even then at a healthy weight my risk would still be slightly higher than the rest of the population. So here I am ALMOST a healthy bmi (one more darned pound lol) and I'm wondering what my risk actually is? Is it 1 in 10? 1 in 100? Does anyone know?

I am 31 yrs old and in the last 6 months my Dad (age 62) and sister (age 40) have both been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, they are both overweight still though, does this statistically increase my own risk?

Is weight control and healthy diet enough? is there anything else I can do to cut my risk?

Thanks in advance for any bits of info anyone has!

Mags
    xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lesly Cambridge

Lesly Cambridge Cambridge Consultant

Diet:
    Guess?!
    Hi Mags - Fabulous weightloss! You deserve congratulations for taking such positive steps towards diminishing your risk...

At Cambridge, we have a partnership with Diabetes UK, to help them find the "missing million" people who don't know they already have diabetes....and I have a leaflet which I can e-mail you, if you like?

[email protected]

(Don't know any other way to show it you!)

4. mags1x

mags1x mags

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2.5lb(8.25%)
    Diet:
    Bit of this bit of that
    oooh thank you , I have emailed you!

Mags
    xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.