• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Anyone know about Diabeties risks?

Hi everybody!

One of the reasons that motivated me to weightloss was during pregnancy I had gestational diabetes. I was tested afterwards, and even though I was 4.5 stones overweight I was ok. However I was told my risk of developing diabetes was very high if I did not sort out my weight, and even then at a healthy weight my risk would still be slightly higher than the rest of the population. So here I am ALMOST a healthy bmi (one more darned pound lol) and I'm wondering what my risk actually is? Is it 1 in 10? 1 in 100? Does anyone know?

I am 31 yrs old and in the last 6 months my Dad (age 62) and sister (age 40) have both been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, they are both overweight still though, does this statistically increase my own risk?

Is weight control and healthy diet enough? is there anything else I can do to cut my risk?

Thanks in advance for any bits of info anyone has!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Lesly Cambridge

Cambridge Consultant
Hi Mags - Fabulous weightloss! You deserve congratulations for taking such positive steps towards diminishing your risk...

At Cambridge, we have a partnership with Diabetes UK, to help them find the "missing million" people who don't know they already have diabetes....and I have a leaflet which I can e-mail you, if you like?

[email protected]

(Don't know any other way to show it you!)