Anyone loosing really slooooowly?

kimmyj

Hi everyone, I re-joined sw about 7 weeks ago and I am not doing very well :cry:

I have lost 10.5 lbs BUT have a lot to loose (like 7 stones) so it really should be coming off a lot quicker.

The first few weeks I exercised but then suffered a prolapsed disk so have not been able to do much. I thought if you stuck to plan the weight should come off anyway? I am getting quite disheartened about it all.

Anyone else finding it a very slow process or is it just me? :confused:

What plan are you following huni?? If you are on Ee I would suggest mixing things up a bit. I find Ee makes me bloated and I dont shift the weight as well. Saying that to reintroduce myself to sw I have done mainly Ee as it fits in with me and my baby.
Has your consultant offered some advice? Do you keep a food diary?

10.5lbs in 7 weeks is spot on where your weight loss should be on SW - they say an average loss of 1-2lbs a week is best. If you are looking for a quick fix diet then i'm afraid SW is not for you - its a lifestyle change, and designed to be as easy to stick to long term as possible. The downside (for some) is that you don't necessarily loose as quickly as you would on a VLCD or even maybe WW, but you do loose.

I've also been on sw for 7 weeks and have lost 13lb. Like you, I would have liked to have lost at least a stone in the first month, but I've cocluded that it's either go hungry and lose quickly or eat tasty, filling food in generous quantaties and lose a little slower. I know which I prefer.:)

Good luck with your weight loss

Guys you need to stop stressing, you're all losing more than a pound per week all the while eating yummy satisfying food! Even a pound a week alone is nearly 4 stone over a year, as kingleds said this isn't a quick fix - we would all like to wake up tomorrow morning at target but it's not going happen!

I lost an average of 1.5lbs (same as what you have lost) for the first 11 months which was 5.5st, it all adds up. Stick with it and you will get there. I know I would rather stuff my face like i do rather than live on a milkshake or be hungry all the time.

It may take longer but you will re-educate yourself and form new/better eating habits which will mean you should keep the weight off when you reach your target.

Stick with it

Yes I would say Im losing slowly as well...20lb in 20 weeks, with an initial goal of 3 stone to lose.
I have found though, that not once have i felt hungry, very rarely felt deprived ( maybe just one more glass of wine!) and have now started to notice the difference. Some friends of mine were very kind yesterday- not seen them for a few weeks and they all said that they could really see the difference!
So I dont have a problem with the slowly slowly thing. I have seen some peoples stats on here that say they started at the same time asd me, but have lost alot more weight. I think maybe im slow because I came SW after a year of yoyo dieting, and so my body was used to it. Also, I hover around 15 syns every day, and I dont skimp on my free foods, so again maybe thats why. But this is how I want to eat for ever so will take things slow. As long as it comes off, Im ok with it taking 6 months not 6 weeks :)

I only lost big figure on my first month, but now, i'm on average of 1-2 per week. which I think is just fine. I'm not sure though. But how much loss per week is the ideal one?

1-2lbs a week is the recommended safe weight loss amount for SW. Though of course if you have alot of weight to lose its conceivable (but not always) that you would lose more. I lose anything from 1lb to 4lbs a week ( though more often than not its 1 or 2lbs)

in the past i have lost weight quickly but since i had a baby in october i seem to be loosing weight slow, i only lost 2.5 in my first week usually loose about 5 pounds in first week and it seems to have taken forever to loose a stone where as before i had baby i could easily loose a stone a month for quite a few months on the trot but this time i'm still waiting to get my 1.5 stone award :(

I'm losing quite slowly too. I have done sw before with fab losses but this time around even my first weeks loss was less than 2lbs. That said, I've lost 1st 3.5 in 11 weeks so I'm still happy. I still have a long way to go and whilst it's sometimes a bit disheartening seeing how slow I'm going compared to others, I know that it's the only eating plan that fits in with my lifestyle, so i for one will be sticking with it!

Hi, since April 2010 I have lost 2.5 stone and still have two stone to go! but in that time a friend lost 5st on L L in 100 days!!! but has since put 7st back on!!! better to be a tortoise than a hare [ I think thats right lol]

Thanks everyone for all your replies :) You are all right following sw I have never been hungry and and had the odd treats when needed!
I have been following EE but will try and mix it up this week.

You guys have made me a lot more positive today so thank you lots! I might try doing a food diary thread to make sure im doing everything right.

Thanks again :)

I used to lose weight relatively quickly but like sarah5298a1 since I had my baby and breastfeeding I've been losing slower but I don't mind in the slightest bit. As long as it's in the right direction I'm happy. The way I see it, it's a waste of time wishing I was losing faster, the bottom line is that I'm losing! The alternative is to give up and start gaining again and that is inconceivable. Even though I'm losing slower, in 3, 6, 8 months I'll be thinner not fatter and I'd hate myself if I gave up because I was losing slowly only to wish I stuck to plan and be slimmer at the end of the road, however small the loss might be. I decided when I embarked on SW that this is how I will be eating for the rest of my life. This is a "forever project" so it doesn't really matter how long it takes to lose the weight because this is how I'll be eating anyway.

I started SW at New Year and I've lost 16lbs as of today(now 11st 13). What annoys me is that I was 11st 10 two weeks ago and we went to visit our son for the weekend. I took cereal with me for breakfast and didn't go mad with synned food. We ate out at Wagamammas and had a roast dinner in the pud but I drank diet coke and didn't have pudding. We were coming home on the Monday and I did buy a pasty to eat on the journey as I didn't want to call at Mcdonalds or similar. When I got home I weighed and I'd put on 4lbs in 3 days. How is that possible? It has taken me two weeks to lose 1 lb so that means after 1 weekend away I need 8 weeks to get back to where I was. At this rate I will never get to target.

I started SW at New Year and I've lost 16lbs as of today(now 11st 13). What annoys me is that I was 11st 10 two weeks ago and we went to visit our son for the weekend. I took cereal with me for breakfast and didn't go mad with synned food. We ate out at Wagamammas and had a roast dinner in the pud but I drank diet coke and didn't have pudding. We were coming home on the Monday and I did buy a pasty to eat on the journey as I didn't want to call at Mcdonalds or similar. When I got home I weighed and I'd put on 4lbs in 3 days. How is that possible? It has taken me two weeks to lose 1 lb so that means after 1 weekend away I need 8 weeks to get back to where I was. At this rate I will never get to target.

Chances are this isn't 'true' weight gain, not all 4lb of it.
I don't know about you but when I'm away I tend not to 'go' as often as I would at home. I bet you haven't been drinking as much as you ought to either.
However a Ginsters pasty is 27.5 Syns
Compare that to a Big Mac at 24.5 syns!

Mind you I suppose you would have had fries with the Big Mac bring it up to 33.5!

You'd have been better off with a sandwich and fruit.

looking at all these posts I think we all agree that 1-2lbs per week is normal and healthy....after all we didn't put all our weight on in one day, did we?

losing it slowly means we are all learning to change our eating habits. I know I can now have a sticky toffee pud if I want one whereas before it would be every night!!!

Although I am still trying to lose my last 10/11 lbs I know I will not put my weight back on....I have invested too much time and energy into losing my 3 stone!!

Enjoy
x

Chances are this isn't 'true' weight gain, not all 4lb of it.
I don't know about you but when I'm away I tend not to 'go' as often as I would at home. I bet you haven't been drinking as much as you ought to either.
However a Ginsters pasty is 27.5 Syns
Compare that to a Big Mac at 24.5 syns!

I thought that it might not be a true gain but it's still hanging around!! It wasn't a Ginsters pasty but a Real Cornish company, or whatever they are called.Probably even more syns!! I don't really like Big Macs so I was in a bit of a quandry as bread always makes me bloat and hang on to every calorie. It just shows that without the directory to hand you can choose what you think is the lesser of two evils and still get it completely wrong. The weekend was great but it makes me so disheartened when I gain. STS would have been okay.lol

Back