Anyone losing weight to hopefully have a baby?

Hedgehog

Gold Member
I am, well its part of it other health issues to like arthritis in feet and knees need me to lose weight too, mostly the weight went on trying to conceive it was such an emotional merri-go-round

After many years of trying (12) and using fertility treatments I finally got pregnant but unfortunately I had a miscarriage at 14 weeks early last year it was devastating and of course I piled on over 2 stone since then and because of arthritis my quality of life has really been stunted so just to walk up stairs without agony I have to turn this around and hopefully losing the weight will help me have a better chance to have a healthy pregnacy.

anyone else?

Oh hedgehog, how awful for you. I too am losing weight in order to embark on fertility treatment, so I can sort of see where you are comig from. [hug]

Im only 21, so im not exactly thinking about it, however when i went 2 the docs he did say if i dint loose weight, i wouldnt be able to have children, its horrible, but knowing we are all doing something about it makes it all the better. Good luck on ure losses ladies. x x x

yeh hun i am too ive had three miscarriages and got pcos so have been finding it hard to fall but docs wont help till i lose weight so here i am on week 3 of cd trying my hardest to do it but ive lost 15lbs so far and im really happy with that.

hope it goes ok for u if u ever fancy a chat just pm me.

ashley xx

Hi girls

I am doing CD in the hope of falling pregnant. Me and my husband have been trying now for 2 years without any success what so ever so im hoping that loosing weight will make me have more regular cycles and help with conceiving for the first time.
I am here for anyone who wants to chat, stress or moan about there ups and downs cos i know only too well how hard it is to be disappointed every months
Lou
xxx

i am also hoping to conceive with the help of CD.
We have been trying for 11 years now with no success.
I have been diagnosed with borderline PCOS and my periods started to slow down about 8 years ago. i now havent had a period for 1 year and 5 months :(.
We were actively trying for a long time but now, well, the hope is dieing off but I still hold on to the fact that there is a much higher chance of ovulating and becoming pregnant when i have lost a fait amount of weight (fingers crossed).
cherylxx

Thanks girls,

I dont have pcos, we are unexplained although I do have a touch of endo which they say is not causing an obstruction and I was a very healthy weight when we started out on our journey but 12 years have taken their toll. We've done IVF 5 times and the 3 time it worked but it ended up in m/c. When we were having treatments my clinic had a strick BMI under 30 policy but after the last one I found the pressure too much

We have switched clinics this time around, the clinic we are with now dont have any restrictions with BMI for treatment but I know from my own experience that the less I weighed doing a cycle the better the responses were and so before we go again in the Autum/Winter I want to get to a healthy BMI

Best of luck to all TTC that you get your dreams some day

Hx

Back