Anyone lost a lot of weight with Reductil??

xTraceyx

Hi

Just wondered if anyone has lost quite a lot of weight with these tablets? I went to docs the other day to discuss getting Lapband on NHS and ended up coming out with Reductil doctors idea not mine. I must admit sice starting them i havn't felt in the least bit hungry which is fab not sure how i'll get on in the long run with them tho so any advice i can get would be much appreciated.

hi used to be on reductil the 10mg pills and for the first few days they were fine but i then got my hunger back. that was a few months ago but about 10 days ago i got put back onto them but thsi time i had the 15mg tablets and i find they are amazing!! ive lost half a stone so far and only really been taking them for just over a week. i only find that i am still craving sugary foods slightly, but not nearly as much as i used to. stick with them they are worth it and think before u reach for something, do i actually need want it or am i just bored?? hope it all goes well for you! xxx

My son is taking them and has done really really well. He feels great and has had no problems with hunger :D. He was a rugby player and has always been a big lad but since he stopped training he was really getting large. This is his first real diet and oddly enough he seems to be enjoying it. He has been on the tablets for less than 2 months and has lost almost 3 of the 5 stone he wants to lose. :eek:

new user on reductil

have been prescribed 10mg tabs today and will start tom morning how bad are the effects on your sleep ? i already have insomnia and am worried this will worsen also any other significant side efffects noticed. Can I drink senna tea to combat constipation if it occurs thanks kazz

Hi Tracey. Your GP put you on them because before a patient can be referred for bariatric surgery he or she must have been offered alternatives or the PCT won't fund the surgery. So you will be given the opportunity to try a couple of types of medication to see if you can lose with them. If your BMI is over 40 and you have a family history of diabetes or you are diabetic, you will probably get funding for bariatric surgery. Good luck with the pills. Take plenty of fibre rich food to avoid the constipation.

I was on reductil for a week and found them amazing but alas my blood pressure went high,(its usually normal)
So doctor took me off them but since then I have lost 3 and a half stone and seem to be stuck
Do you think I would be able to try them again? Was thinking that at a lower weight my BP may be ok this time
Thanks

Hi, I've been on 10mg of Reductil for 13 days now and although at first I felt more hungry than ever and whatever I ate didn't even begin to fill me up. I stuck with them and followed a low fat, low cal diet and now alas they have kicked in and working as discribed. I either don't get hungry at all and have to remind myself to eat or get hungry but fill up very quickly so hardly every finish my already reduced portion size. The only side effect I have had is a dry mouth which encourages me to drink more water which isn't a bad thing anyway. I have been out walking during my lunch break at work (average a mile and half - two miles) which isn't bad as I would normally just be sitting down watching TV or reading mags. I have my first weigh-in in two days time and I can't wait to get on the scales which is unbelievable as I have spent the last 5 years avoiding them at all costs. I have avoided the temptation to weigh myself in hope of a nice suprise at the surgery on Friday. I certainly feel like I may have lost at least 7lbs but hope not to be dispointed if I haven't because giving up isn't an option for me.
It would seem side effects are different for each person, I say give it a go, you never know to you try. There is also a website 'changeforlife' which gives advise and helps you keep a record of your plans and progress and allows you set mini goals and target for yourself. I have alot to loose about 9 - 10 stone so its very days for me. I have set my goal at 12months though it might take more like 18 - 24 but I have never been more determine to acheive anything in my life.
This is a great forum for encouragement and motivation.

Last edited:
Had my first weigh in last week, I stepped on the scales confident I had lost about 7lb so couldn't believe it when the Nurse said 'Oh thats 9lbs' I nearly fell over I was so happy that 9lbs in two weeks.
Loving Reductil......

can you only get these tablets from the doctor?
You can buy them over the internet from various different sites but they are quiet expensive, anything from £100 upwards for 28 tablets. I wouldn't recommend this in anycase because your Doctor or Nurse will need to keep an eye on your BP and Pulse throughout as they can become increased as well several other less serious side effects they might want to keep an eye on.

Hey, im now into week 6 (ish) on 10ml and have lost around 16lbs. I did seem to get "stuck" and had no losses for a couple of weeks, but this seems to have co-incided with time of month - which has been particularly bad this month due to recently coming off the pill! Anyway, TMI! lol. All in all, I am pleased with the results thus far and this week I have started to notice the weight is on the "move" again. Have my 2 week review on 30th, and may ask about the 15mls.

As to side effects, i've been lucky. Had a RUBBISH first 2 weeks, sleeplessness, grumpy, dry mouth and every muscle in my body hurt like mad!

Good luck everyone xxx

Also I don't know it is a physcological thing or not but I have started to notice my general interest in food is definately decreasing. I still get hungry and eat when I need to but I can't say I enjoy food like I used to. Maybe I am just really focused on getting shot of the weight or maybe its the effects of Reductil either way I have started to notice a nice brisk walk satisfies me far more theses days than a Whisper bar. Pray it continues

Last edited:
8lb this fortnight and had a really bad couple of weeks so would have been so easy to start on the chocolate but somehow taking the tablets keeps the cravings at bay and keeps me on track. Thats 39lbs in total and I feel sooooooooooooo much better for it. I can only imagine how much energy I am going to have when the next 39lbs falls off.

Hi Lulou, how are you getting on with your Reductil? My Doc gave me these in Jan and its going really well so far. Good to hear that someone else has them.

Back