anyone LOVE horses???

Bugle is my 15hh happy hacker hes 22 and going very strong lol and Santiago (or sandy to his mates lol) is a 5 year old 18hh monster i bought him when he was 9 weeks old and hes just beginning now as it took him so bloomin long to grow into himself and i slipped a disc in my nack last year which put everything on hold. xxx

Here is my horse Grand Feniks the day I bought him. He is 170cm (about 16.3hh) and 17 years old. I have had him since November 11th 2007.
Fenicks.jpg

This is my daughter jumping him
Lauren.jpg

And my son hacking out
Darryl-1.jpg

I need to get some new photos of him sorted and put onto my photobucket.

Hes lovely a real all round family man xxxx

I adore horses!
I ride a 17.2hh IDX who I have on a 3 day loan. He's so gorgeous! But I'm too overweight to do any jumping with him.
I am moving house very soon, and getting my own horse. I am looking at Clydesdales.

I live for my horses!!! We own Spell,Vinny,Roy,Hatty,Tarky,Tickle and Derek!!!!

And I've just purchased a foal and have 1st refusal on other one next year!!!

The Foals name is Louis!

Any chance of some pics Camilla????

Thank You I'm very lucky!!!! We never sell them I'm 33 and they will all have homes until they pass over, they really are my entire life!!! I'm lucky that they live at home, but the whole day is spent making sure that they want for nothing! It's been raining here this morning with sunny spells so they have had a few wardrobe changes depending on the weather at the time!!!!

Oh this just isnt fair! I simply adore horses! ... I used to ride as a teen help out at a stables in exchange for rides! .... I now live in the New Forest .... and im surrounded by Foresters! and i LOVE it! ...
again ive not ridden for a while due to my weight but would love to get back in the saddle but its just very expensive! ...

My daughter helps out at a local rescue centre but is unable to ride due to cruelty cases and she also rides a local ladys forester in the Natural Horsemanship Method which she is enjoying learning but finding it tough lol ...

we would love to buy a horse/pony to share but have been told even if we buy a native (forester) we would be looking at £250 a month for keep! ....

How do people afford a horse? and keep house kids cars etc??? ...

any secret tips or ideas would be fab !!!!!!!!!!

Am I too late to join this thread!

I have 4 at the moment and 2 on livery with me. My whole life revolves around horses, even my late horse Perissa was my Maid of Honour at my wedding.

Dennis, 6 year old pure bred arab competes up to international level.

Morris, 5 year old miniature stallion.

Minnie and Holly, my OAP shetland mares.

Ailsa, 21 year old ID mare

Ronnie, Welsh D.

Until very recently I was on the BHS regional committee for 10 years (resigned for health reasons) and I do quite a lot of judging.

Pleased to meet you!

Never too late to join a thread about horses........although you appear to have forgotton to show us any pics :sigh:

I've just tried to post a picture but new to this lark. It was sent to a moderator so I don't know what I've done wrong!
DennisdCardCrop.jpg
[/IMG]

Back