anyone LOVE horses???

Thank you - he is gorgeous isn't he! Sometimes I can't believe he's mine.

Is that you in your sig pics? If it is you're stunning too!

hello there, loving your beautiful horses I have three boys. Logan a eighteen hand softy, cj-I think im a stallion - 15.2hh piebald cob and tiny - teaches everyones kids to canter saint- 10.3hh hoping that the pics of them come up on here!

Attachments

• grace does round the world on tiny.jpg
    grace does round the world on tiny.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 32
Meeeee. I love horses. I own a 15yr old Dales mare.
We have a lot in common.
Short, fat and stroppy spring to mind. :D

2007_0311_early_spring_walk_0006.jpg

Fab pics everyone!!
I used to have horses but gave up 6 or 7 years ago. One of my big motivations to lose weight is so that I can ride again - I can't wait. I managed to find a huge shire horse in ride in Oz last Christmas - photos in my album. This must be my perfect thread - weight loss AND horses. Do you thinhk I would get any response to a thread entitled - anyone like chickens? lol

thought i'd revive this.. this is Harvey..

the day before i picked him up on perm loan

This is Harvey a couple of months after getting him and sorting out his footsoreness

Harvey popping one of the first fences since his racing career ended.. and me looking super scruffy!

unfortunately he had to go back to his owner though :( combination of me throwing money into him and seeing no resulting weight gain (he wasn't drastic - typical TB) and his owner being on my case every week saying how underweight he looked :copon:

Fab looking horse!
I have just started riding again after losing nearly five stone! So pleased!!

Hi Everybody
I luv horses and ponies I wish I had a farm so I could have some horses myself . All your horses are absolutely gorgeous. Has any of you been watching Badminton cross - country its very good. I`v tried to put some photos of my granddaugher at riding school but I dont know if it worked.NO IT DIDNT CAN ANYBODY TELL HOW TO DO IT . MARGARETXX

Last edited:
I just right click on the picture and copy, then click in the box you reply in and paste :)

i haven't watched badminton for years.. usually i'm out and about.

aww she looks great on the ponies! i miss being small enough to get away with riding ponies :eek:

Well i did it, i got back in the saddle a couple of months ago when a local lady needed help with her horses. I dont pay her i just help with the riding, lunging and grooming ( all the fun bits i think lol ), they horses are lovely, Geri i a bit scarred by his previous owners but with help hopefully he will be alright.
Havent ridden for a few weeks as he bucked me and threw me a fair distance so have had a rest up but hopefully will ride tomorrow, although Smartie not Geri, he is being schooled profesionally at the moment as he is very fiesty :eek:

Here they are anyway
First Geri, he is a TB who we also have trouble getting weight on

000_1912.jpg

000_1911.jpg

022-2.jpg

Smartie, he is a cob

001-7.jpg

003-11.jpg

Hi horse lovers!
Getting back into riding after losing my horse is one of my many reasons to lose weight.
I've ridden since I was 5 and owned from the age of nine until the year before last when we gave up the fight against cushings. Still feel like a horse owner though, feel most at home when a horse is in my sight and can't help but rant if I see someone riding down the road with washing line reins and toes pointing out lol I have been known to get out of the car before now and show them the error of their ways lol I can't help it! I just think that if your going to ride do it properly and do your horse justice and have a good position in the saddle - it only hurts them otherwise!
Reckon my other half might be right when he says I'm a pain in the arse lol
xxx

PS all your horses look beautiful!

Melody, approx 20yo, English Warmblood part bred arab.
Regional Dressage Champ, Arab under saddle champ, riding horse champ and equitation champ.... generally a little star who would give kisses for polos - tart!

Back