Anyone moving from Lighter Life onto SW and successful???

MagdaX

is Magdalicious
Hi everyone.
I'm poping over from the LL forum to see if there's anyone on here who's done Ligher Life and then moved to Slimming World and carried on losing weight??!!
I'm on my 2 month of LL and after i complete it i plan to gradually come off the foodpacks as i simply cannot see myself doing it for much longer (financially and otherwise)
What are your experiences with SW?
My friend is doing it and she's doing great.
I'm just concerned that if i go on it from having 600 kcal a day and having my metabolism slowed right down by it, i will not carry on losing weight. In fact i'm scared i will put some weight back on! :(
If anyone can share some thoughts on that with me, i would really appreciate it!
Thank you and good luck with your weight losses everyone!

Last edited:
There are quite a few people who have come over to sw from the cambridge diet, which I believe is similar. If you come over to sw from any sort of frd or vlc diet then chances are you will put on in the first few weeks, but when your body is all back to normal, then you will lose if you follow the sw plan properly :)

Natt xxx

Hi everyone.
I'm poping over from the LL forum to see if there's anyone on here who's done Ligher Life and then moved to Slimming World and carried on losing weight??!!
I'm on my 2 month of LL and after i complete it i plan to gradually come off the foodpacks as i simply cannot see myself doing it for much longer (financially and otherwise)
What are your experiences with SS?
My friend is doing it and she's doing great.
I'm just concerned that if i go on it from having 600 kcal a day and having my metabolism slowed right down by it, i will not carry on losing weight. In fact i'm scared i will put some weight back on! :(
If anyone can share some thoughts on that with me, i would really appreciate it!
Thank you and good luck with your weight losses everyone!

I am also on a VLCD. I am using CD. I am also thinking of changing to SW but have the same worries as you Magic. The thought of being able to eat food and lose weight is really attractive to me at the min. Keep me posted on what you decide and how you get on. I am going on holiday for 2 weeks and intend to eat when away so will no doubt gain weight but was thinking once I got back to go onto SW.
Good luck with what you choose and may your loses be plenty. xxx

Thanks Natt.
Yeah a slight weight gain is to be expected, i'm just wondering how sustainable is it long term.
Thanks for you feedback hun.
Will keep you posted

Hi Foosey,
Yeah it's tricky to know how our bodies will react to coming off VLCD.
I did LL before a few years ago and i was very successful (lost 4 stone) but i didn't maintain it and put everything back on :(
Hence this time round i want to make sure i have it under control!
Doing SW seems to be a good idea.
I'll definitely keep you posted and you do the same.
Good luck hun

Hi...I came from CD to SW and still loosing weight with no problems.
You're first week, you should expect to see a gain, as your body has to start processing food again, but the following week, if you stick to plan 100% you will loose as steadily as the rest of us.

Good luck!!

Thanks everyone.
Magic I will definitely keep you updated on what I decide.
Thanks once again everyone.

Back