Anyone near target but struggling to reach it??

I must admit,when I have seen other peoples tickers in the past even saying 17 or 18lbs to go Ive always thought that it wont take them long,until now when I have 11lbs to go and am struggling like mad,its so frustrating I know what to do,how to do it,how long it would take if I did it properly,can I?NO!!
Im also going to try getting my head around it, Porgeous thanks for the tip
xx

Thank you andju. I have looked but the only person on is not linked to CD. I have redone the thread on here. Oops must have been because I was hungry lol

Can you add in the intro to the new thread as well, so other people know what it is about? Well done... hope we can get a little team together to keep us moving towards goal. I feel better than I have in weeks about this, so thanks everyone! Gonna slope off to bed, but will be on first thing to sign up to the new thread!

xxx

One trick I used, which may sound a bit mad, was that I convinced myself that if I actually reached goal I would increase my chances of maintaining. I reasoned that I had dieted many times and always regained and the common theme was that I never achieved what I had set out to by reaching goal. I thought that if I could feel that sense of achievement it would make it more valuable to me. There is no basis in fact for any of this but it helped me.

xxxx

This line of thinking has been exactly the same for me, on a couple of my many previous dieting attempts I actually got as far as only being a stone or two overweight, felt comfortable (ish!) and thought I would stop there. However the feeling that I still had unfinished business sent me spiralling off onto mad binges to cram it all in before restarts that never came so I piled it all back on again.

I know it's still early days for me but now I'm at target those instincts to go off on a food bender are not nearly as bad as they used to be...having said that I am having some serious cravings today but unlike all previous attempts I haven't actually given into them!

I have about a stone n half to lose. I have ben getting bored rigid with ss so i am having a salad with chicken or fish at nights and shakes / bars through the day and loads more water. I have done this the past couple of weeks and still lost average 2lbs. I know it will proably take longer but ss is just sooooo depressing! :cry:Do you think i could carry on with this method to lose my stone n half? as i feel happy with this steady loss. Lost just under 4 stones so far so am feeling so much better about myself already and don't ever want to go back!

Do you think i could carry on with this method to lose my stone n half? as i feel happy with this steady loss. Lost just under 4 stones so far so am feeling so much better about myself already and don't ever want to go back!
Definatley! Moving up the plans does not mean not losing weight. My CDC worked out that I need around 2400 calories to keep me at a stable weight as I am now, so eating anything less than that I will lose weight. I know how hard it is. I take my hat off to anyone who does SS, well done. I have always been on SS+ with a meal as could not face not eating. Keep it up it may take slightly longer but at least you will not get bored and go off the rails. x

Hiya,
I've found over the last stone or so, I've not lost anything for a three weeks and then lost 6 or 7 lbs in one week! I feel its been trying me to see how strong I can be, but I've come this far and I'm reaching target this time, hopefully in time for my hols.

Just keep going! You'll get there.
Willbslim
x

Willb, I know... I stayed the same for three weeks on 810 and then lost 5lbs. I think that your body sometimes needs a while to adjust to the changes and maybe also to kick the metabolism up a bit, and maybe that's what the stalls and plateaus are all about. But over the last month I have definitely lost focus and let the plan drift, and that has brought the losses to a halt... over last 4 days I have pulled it back again and hopefully now I am back on track!

Back