Anyone NOT new to CD want a buddy?

night-owl

Gold Member
hello, I am week 23 (been dieting without breaks since June). I've lost 3 and 1/2 stone and I have another 2 and 1/2 to go.

On the onehand, the diet has become a routine for me, and on the otherhand boredom with the diet is becoming my biggest enemy. So I was wondering if there was anyone out there who has been on CD for ages and would like to buddy up for a big push for the second half of the journey to goal? It would also be good to have someone to compare notes with on maintenance.

I currently weigh 11, 13 (stayed the same this week :sigh:). I see my CDC weekly, on a Wednesday morning. I have never managed to Sole Source and I have lost all my 51 lbs on SS+, so I do have a green and white meal daily. But to be honest I don't really see it as real food, but an extension of my diet food.

Gonna SS+ over Christmas so I will be on here tearing my hair out while my family stuff themselves no doubt! Gimme a shout if you are planning to diet over Christmas and need support to get you through -- maybe we could form a Christmas club!

Hi I've been doing cd since begining of Aug and weighed 12st 10, I currently weigh 10st 8lb but had a 10 day break towards the end of aug for hols and another in oct ( sort of did cd but added meals as we were half board tried to keep to low cal/gi) I'm struggling a bit at the moment keep picking nothing major but only just in ketosis keep trying to stay on track. My original goal was 10 stone, but as I get closer to it I realise that I need to lose more than 8lb, I've been kidding myself for years that I'm a large frame, but I now realise that Ive not, more realistic goal 9st 8lb which means I've 1 stone to lose.I think having a buddy would help.I'm going to try and ss until christmas with the exception of the work do when I'm going to try and stick to protein and veg

Last edited:
Hey, we have the same goal weight now of 9.8. That's great! What height are you? I'm 5.3. I'm much the same in that I won't know until I get there how I will look at 9.8. It sounds like, if you are tweaking your goal weight, I might have to as well. Put it this way, I ain't stopping until I have gotten rid of a certain spare tyre!

What day do you see your CDC? Hopefully we can compare notes on weigh day and give me a shout if you are struggling. It is hard to not lose the old mojo when you have been on a diet for a prolonged period.

Hi I'm 5ft 4.5 inches (and the .5 counts) I see my cdc on Monday evenings, but cdc is away until dec 19th so I won't have official weigh in until then. Just weighed me on my scales which are about the same as cdc so far give or take the 0.5lb and I've lost 1 lb this week,. I can't stop picking at things which seems to knock me out of ketosis but I have made a determined effort the last couple of days and haven't picked for 2 days and I am now back in ketosis. My original goal weight was 10 stone but I'm only 7lbs away and I've still got a spare tyre and fat thighs which is why I moved it to 9.8.

Hopefully 9 stone 8lbs will sort us both once and for all!

I have no idea whether I'm in ketosis, stopped checking a long while ago when I realised I still lost weight even when I wasn't in the pink. Know what you mean about picking though. It is really, really hard when you have picked in the past and got away with it! The temptation never really goes away so it is best to avoid it completely.

It must be hard with your CDC away, but you'll get a good loss when you finally see her. I'll weigh in on Wednesday but I presume I will have to go 2 weeks over Christmas without one -- everyone will be in the same boat there I suppose CDCs need a break, even though we are still dieting!

I've had another fairly good day, but not drank enough water, but got an incredible urge to have some ice cream, or oak cakes and cheese, I'll have to keep myself busy so I don't pick, I think I might write the christmas cards that should keep me occupied.

Hi Night-owl I seriously need some help! have also lost 3 and a half stone but now my weight loss has stalled...probably cos I have been picking. Went off plan for my birthday and have had trouble getting back on track. I have 1.5 stones to lose. Could do with someone to keep me focussed

night-owl, i am already your buddy :D but i know what you mean about boredom!!!

i only have to look at my ticker to cry out in despair at the fact that i have to do all this again to get to goal!!!

i feel very disillusioned, fat and miserable! don't know if it is the Christmas period or what but i just can't stop thinking about food!!!
also for the past couple of weeks i have been having an extra shake on a few days as i have been feeling extra hungry. thing is it has caused me to lose more!!! should be happy but i feel like i have cheated and that makes me feel even more miserable!!! i have only had an extra shake on Jazzercise nights because i tend to feel a bit wobbly afterwards. i suppose it's okay as i am burning more energy on those nights. or am i kidding myself?

sorry for taking over your thread hun but i needed to get all that out and seeing your post inspired me hehe!

by the way, i think you are amazing and you are definitely one of my inspirational people. keep up the good work. you are so close to your goal now!!! xxx

hi Night Owl, Angie and Gem. I'm disillusioned too, had 2 pick free days then went and had some ice cream last night. Aaahhh. Let us know how your weigh in goes.

did a bit better today, planned the work and worked the plan.
decided that I could have a bar and 2 shakes and a baby bel cheese and did just that. Feel good I managed not to stray. Right tomorrow more of the same

well done I've not done too bad so far today1 shake and a soup going to have another soup, and some tuna and lettuce.

Last edited:
I think this thread is helping my resolve...2nd day keeping to plan. Have had 1 bar , a baby bel, and 2 halves of a shake. Just have to stay strong for the evening and keep to the other 2 halves of shake.
Feel less inclined to pick and now have new resolve to get to my Christmas goal in the next 2 weeks. If I play my cards right I will have lost 4 stone by Christmas day

no, baby bel isn't officially on the diet. But I find it a good source of calcium at 80 cals and hardly any carbs. I add one as I know I could be on 4 shakes a day cos of my height so I add a baby bel if I need something to chew and feel a bit hungry

i everyone had weigh in only lost 0.5 lb, but I have had 2 works do's, been shopping and bought myself a pair of size 12 skinny jeans and they fit!!! this has spurred me on, and hopeully will keep me focused over Christmas

I need help!!!! still not quite 4 stone off yet. Am the same weight I was before Christmas but dearly wanted to be 12.7 for valentines, but just can't get my act in order....as I said I need help!!!!!

Hi Angie, been there. I was just 4lbs away from 4 stone off at the beginning of Dec and stayed the same for five flipping weeks, even though I stayed on the diet over Christmas (bar a few chocs and a glass of champagne). It's diet fatigue I suppose, as we have come so far in losing 4 stone, look much, much better than when we started, we could even say we look OK, and certainly people round us keep telling how well we have done, and yet we ain't there yet.

I don't know what to say to you. I had a massive sulk over Christmas and New Year, but somehow, just by talking it one day at a time I somehow managed to dig deeper and find some kind of motivation to put me back on track.

I too was stuck. I needed to refind my mojo to get the scales moving again and the only thing that was gonna inspire me was the scales moving again! Try and think back to when you first started CD and how you stuck to all the rules because you were terrified of spending all this money and being so determined and then not losing much weight. Just take each day as a fresh start and focus completely on having a perfect CD, just for that day. I promise you, if you act like you are back on track, your heart will quickly follow!

Good luck. PM me your mobile no if you want to double up our efforts.
Frances

Last edited:
Angie, Gem and Trisha, how's it going? It's a long, slow road I know but we've got to keep at it as this time we mean it and this is gonna be the last time we diet! That is what is keeping me going. I want to get this sorted once and for all. I want to know how it feels to be a normal weight having been overweight all my life. (I know I was 9-10 stone once before in my life, but I have no idea what age I was!)

Get weighed tomorrow. I'll let you know if the scales are moving again or if last week was just a blip!

Back