Anyone on WW with PCOS?

dinkadonka

Hi all, I started weight watchers 3 days ago. Im almost 21.9lbs and I get married in 8mths time so only have about 7mths to get to the weight im gonna be for my final fitting. I have PCOS polycystic ovarian syndrome and dont have periods so this often affects my weight gain and loss when im not dieting. Does anyone have same syndrome or any info??

Also How much can i expect to lose in 7mths on ww?

Thanks guys x

Hi there

Welcome to our WW gang :)

Ive had PCOS for about 10 years now and to be honest despite what Ive been told, I havent found its made my weight loss a problem.... hmmm mind you maybe Id have lost even more without it :giggle: The downside (for me) is that my periods have started again, albeit very irregularly.

Good luck with your start :)

I too have PCOS..... I would recommend lower carb diet - so more lean meats, salads, minimum bread, pots etc.... can't remember the science behind it but do know they recommend lower carb diet for PCOS sufferers..... if you stick to WW 100% you should loose a fair bit for your wedding.... Starlight is a super star WWer and has lost almost as much per month as a CD/LLer - which is amazing.....!!

Good luck.... thinking of joing WW myself as keep failing at CD!

Hi hunni count me in with the PCOS too!
I agree with Mich ... try to eat less carbs as I was told that whilst having PCOS carbohydrates would not be propery digested in my body.
I have found that I find it harder to lose weight whilst being on a diet with food involved whereas on CD the weight fell off!!!!

Good luck to you!

xx

Back