anyone read "secrets of a former fat girl"?

koodygirl

secrets of a former fat girl by lisa delaney.

i'm reading it now and were curious if anyone else had read it?

is it good?

hmmm i'm about halfway in. someone of it is actually quite nice to read i.e how could anyone feel the same as me, phew! i'm not crazy!
but some of it kinda feels a bit condescending. some of it relates to weighwatchers aswell.

i was just curious if anyone else felt the same?

Not heard of it but am certainly interested in reading it now that you have made me aware of it. Maybe you can give us your review once you finished it x

i've got to say i do recommend it if you can get your hands on a used copy. She is quite annoying at some bits but overall she has some lovely words of wisdom and insights along the way.

Its interesting how she felt about food when she was watching what she ate and how sometimes it feels like people are trying to sabotage you.

I think a few of us can relate to that whilst on TS or trying to avoid certain foods. And particularly when you've lost quite a lot of weight and people consistently tell you to stop losing anymore because you're "too skinny".

I've felt that myself when i knew i was far from my goal but people were so negative about the way my body changed that i actually felt i was letting them down by losing anymore!

If you can push past her rather patronising "i was so overweight (at 190odd lbs!) - now i'm a size 4 (US)" talk then i think some guys would really find it interesting! 4/5!

Thanks for the review KG - I will look out for it x

Back