Anyone Still Aliiiiiiiiive?!

Samprand

WILL do it!
Where's everyone gone? This forum was picking up a while ago but now its dead again :(

Anybody still doing JUDDD? xx

me too...probably lol how long have u been off the JUDDD wagon?

I'm restarting too! I was doing really well on this then had 2 weeks off and have eaten everything insight!

ive had a few months off lol need to get motivated to keep going this time around

I'm in week 2, so far so good! Haven't weighed myself so far and have yet to experience the urge to eat healthier food on my up days but getting there. Think I'll have a junk food up day on the weekends for all the really bad stuff and just not restrict myself on the up days during the week but try and eat only proper food. Would be great to get the forum going but I guess the fact that the diet is so simple and that we're not relying on constant point or syn updates means that there's not that much to talk about....

either that or people cave in and dont want to mention it :) ur probably right though, well done on getting to week 2

I lost thirty pounds on JUDDD a while back. I gained about half of it back. Was going to restart today, but it will have to be tomorrow. And, I am really looking forward to a good DD. I really need it. Good luck to everyone restarting.

sorry to be a pain, but when u say u gained about half of it back, was that just because u started eating 'normally' again or was that through not making the best food-choices? because i think when i get to target (by doing JUDDD hopefully) i want to have a 'normal' diet afterwards, and obviously wont want to put any weight back on

30lbs is a great weight loss, how long did that take u? even with half of that re-gained, youve still kept half of it off :)

Had an up day yesterday and managed to make semi-healthy choices for my main meals but there were a lot of cookies and cheese twists that stole their way into my day. Had a yoga class in the evening and felt weak and sluggish, the opposite of Monday when I did a conditioning class on a down day! It's interesting to see the effect overeating has on you, I felt quite yucky and will try to do better tomorrow. I've now been on and off diets for about 15 years so it's hard to not just indulge in all the previously forbidden things on your up days but I really don't want to feel like yesterday again. Are any of you counting calories on your up days?

sorry to be a pain, but when u say u gained about half of it back, was that just because u started eating 'normally' again or was that through not making the best food-choices? because i think when i get to target (by doing JUDDD hopefully) i want to have a 'normal' diet afterwards, and obviously wont want to put any weight back on

30lbs is a great weight loss, how long did that take u? even with half of that re-gained, youve still kept half of it off :)

I lost 10 pounds on JUDDD the first 10 days. Then about 2.5 a week after that. I regained cuz I went waaaaaay off plan and ate whatever I wanted. Kind of a 2 month binge. I expect to have to have a maintenance plan when I reach goal, and we can do that with JUDDD. I know of a couple of people who are at goal weight and doing a maintenance plan with JUDDD. They just have a little higher DD calorie count and a little higher UD calorie count.

Had an up day yesterday and managed to make semi-healthy choices for my main meals but there were a lot of cookies and cheese twists that stole their way into my day. Had a yoga class in the evening and felt weak and sluggish, the opposite of Monday when I did a conditioning class on a down day! It's interesting to see the effect overeating has on you, I felt quite yucky and will try to do better tomorrow. I've now been on and off diets for about 15 years so it's hard to not just indulge in all the previously forbidden things on your up days but I really don't want to feel like yesterday again. Are any of you counting calories on your up days?

JUDDD is one of the most resiliant diets. So easy to bounce back after an indulgence. I count DD's (500) and UD's (1900). DD's are very manageable for me; but UD's are always a challenge. I find that if I have my food planned a day ahead of time and calories all counted, it is easier to stay on plan.

Sammy: I noticed you and I are about the same height and weight. I read your blog and you stated your UD's are 2500. I think that is great that you can lose at that high a calorie level on UD's. 2100 is my ultimate limit. I try to stay around 1900. I am almost 60 and have a low functioning thyroid, so I don't think I could ever go as high as you and come out with a weight loss at the end of the week. You must really love your Up Days. 2500 calories would be great!

i think i just love up days in general lol theyre so relaxed :) when i was doing JUDDD i was going for one or two hour walks almost every day so no doubt that helped reduce the damage from my up days. 2500 cals is quite a lot, im not even sure i was eating that much on up days . a lot of people on JUDDD say that they usually dont want to eat to the max on up days. i think its because, after a down day, the stomach is smaller than usual, so the day after, on up days, u get fuller more easily. how do u find it on 1900?

1900 is okay if I go for volume. The healthier the choices, the better. A lot of calories can be wasted on sweets. I am not doing low carb, so potatoes and hot cereal can really help to feel satisfied. I am going to have one free day (at least that's my plan) a month to have whatever; then get back on plan. It worked before, so I'm confident this will work again. After my first DD on Tues. I already looked thinner in my face and tummy. JUDDD is the best most effective plan ever; even though I'm not a big fan of Down Days. I just know I need to do them to get the success I want. Today I am saving my 500 calories for supper with the fam. Breaded fish, potato, butter and peas. I read of a poster on another weight loss forum who lost 100 pounds on JUDDD and never had a plateau - every week a pound or two. Very encouraging.

wow 100lbs :) i suppose with JUDDD u HAVE to lose weight, its kind of impossible not to, as ur body always burns calories just by keeping u alive. so i know for me, an upday would be about 2500 calories, my body would maybe use a bit less than that just for me to breathe and my heart to beat, so if i eat 500 on down days, my bodys using an extra 2000 calories from my fat store. so based on that, if i had 4 down days a week, i would lose almost 3lbs every week, more if i exercised to burn even more calories. this is why i like JUDDD, its really just simple maths and it makes sense, plus its only a part time 'diet' :D

i tended to save all my calories for evenings too, gave me something to look forward to, i know that sounds weird but i enjoy food so much i really did look forward to it, even if it was only 500 calories worth. i didnt really need any more than 500 a day though, because that 1 meal would fill me up

im quite surprised that JUDDD isnt a more popular diet

Hey Darlin' and Samprand, thanks for your answers! To be honest reading about 1900 calories on Up Days are a little bit what scares me when I research JUDD on the internet. I don't know how old you are and if you do a lot of exercise or none at all but skinny gene aside I understand JUDDD to be about creating an average deficit in calories, i.e. if you eat 500 on a Down Day and 2500 on an Up Day this averages out to 1500, which is what most diets recommend to loose weight. The alternating is meant to keep us going, the idea being that if we were to eat only 1500 every day we'd be more likely to give up. If you take the average of 500 and 1900 you're certain to loose weight but this is pretty much a crash diet - with 1200 calories you're at the lowest baseline, anything less and you're in starvation mode. If it works for you and you feel healthy I don't mean to criticise you but that is very little food.

I'm not a JUDDD person, never heard of it until I came here but I think the way it works is although the DDs are very low your body doesn't go into so called "starvation mode" because the next day you feed it loads of calories and make it think there is plenty of food available to it and the 500 day was just a blip.

I do calorie counting and do tend to cycle my calories into high/low days as I STS for weeks if I eat the same amount daily because your body adjusts itself to a regular amount of fuel.

I'm not a JUDDD person, never heard of it until I came here but I think the way it works is although the DDs are very low your body doesn't go into so called "starvation mode" because the next day you feed it loads of calories and make it think there is plenty of food available to it and the 500 day was just a blip.

I do calorie counting and do tend to cycle my calories into high/low days as I STS for weeks if I eat the same amount daily because your body adjusts itself to a regular amount of fuel.

Yes. I do think JUDDD is just another way to calorie cycle. I have done other calorie cycling plans, and they worked. However, I did better on a more routine plan of every other day rotation (500/1900). It's easier for me to plan my meals. Also, I don't have a lot of variety for my DD's, so I know what to expect. Also, JUDDD is supposed to activate the SIRT1 gene (the skinny gene) according to Dr. Johnson, founder of JUDDD. He claims SIRT1 has a host of benefits, from slowing down aging, increasing metabolism, and benefiting asthma sufferers, just to name a few.

Hey Darlin' and Samprand, thanks for your answers! To be honest reading about 1900 calories on Up Days are a little bit what scares me when I research JUDD on the internet. I don't know how old you are and if you do a lot of exercise or none at all but skinny gene aside I understand JUDDD to be about creating an average deficit in calories, i.e. if you eat 500 on a Down Day and 2500 on an Up Day this averages out to 1500, which is what most diets recommend to loose weight. The alternating is meant to keep us going, the idea being that if we were to eat only 1500 every day we'd be more likely to give up. If you take the average of 500 and 1900 you're certain to loose weight but this is pretty much a crash diet - with 1200 calories you're at the lowest baseline, anything less and you're in starvation mode. If it works for you and you feel healthy I don't mean to criticise you but that is very little food

Hi albibe :)

I know what you mean that 500 cals a day is very low, but I think the appeal of JUDDD is that instead of sticking to 1200 max everyday, u restrict to 500 for just one day and then the next day u are more free to eat what u like. So even though the average calorie consumption would be 1200 or something, there isnt a daily pressure to stay under any certain amount, which is why JUDDD appeals to me :)

Back