Anyone stopped going SW club and still carried on?

Hiya guys

I have kinda decided that i am not getting anything out of going for weekly weigh ins at the class and so have decided to carry on following the plan from home.

Has anyone done this successfully? or does it fall by the wayside?

I cant really afford to be throwing away £5 per week at the moment and i never stick around for the meetings as i find them a bit pointless to be honest.

Would be interested to hear if anyone managed to continue on to lose weight without the groups?

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul, I'm doing it from home for various reasons - I'm a carer and also lack of money. With the help of this forum I am finding SW great - I "weigh in" on a Monday and then fill in my food diary each week - to be honest I know I wouldn't do as good if I didn't have this forum. I guess it is just a personal thing - what works for one doesn't necessarily work for everybody. I need to lose this weight primarily to improve my health (I have Crohn's Disease) but it would also be great to have my confidence boosted too. Good luck with your weight loss journey Paul and hopefully I will be able to read about your journey here xx

Hi Paul, I am doing this myself from home aswell and have lost 1st 10lbs since 7th Jan, my reason for this is because I have been to classes in the past always believeing I needed the support and the threat of getting on the scales to keep me on track, but as we all know to successfully lose weight and keep it off, it has to be a lifelong lifestyle and diet change, and I don't see going to class for a weigh in every week as something I want to do for the rest of my life!!!

So, this time, I made the conscious decision that I have to take control of my diet, I have to learn to make those decisions about keeping my weight under control or not, I know the plan inside out from doing it so many times before, I am doing this for me, not for other members in a class to give me a clap for doing well each week!

I just think that you have to take responsibility for yourself, going to a class doesn't help with that, in a lot of ways it's easy to lose weight, keeping it off is the hard bit, that's the point where most people stop going to class and then regain it all (I have done so myself so many times), this time, I am hoping because I am doing this alone and being more relaxed about it, that point won't come where I get to target and stop going to class, as the only person who knows when I get to target is me (and my close family), I don't need ither people's praise and approval of my efforts as I am doing this just for me, and me alone

I think it is brilliant if people can do it at home. I fail mostly. I have lost weight at home before, but the focus of going to group helps now.

I do not think for many of us it is being clapped or approval of other members. I think it is being weighed by someone else and feeling proud when the scales show a loss and determined when they don't.

Well done to all who are doing it at home. And good luck to all who are going to try it :)

Back