Anyone that tells you this is cheating when losing weight

BigS

Real name Seán
They wanna try it !!

It is one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life. It takes a special type of willpower to stay 100% on this.

Hi-5 everyone.

OH YES i got that from peeps last time i was on it, so i dont tell many that im onit this time round. If they ask me what im doing i just say im cutting right back on food..

How on gods green earth is it cheating... Hardly taking the easy way out is it..... Maybe the faster way out but certainly not the easiest! Silly people! Like you say they want to give it a try!!! Xx

Ha ha, I have only told my OH exactly how I am losing weight because of the unhelpful responses I seem to get from everyone else!!

i don't care what people think of what i'm doing. its my body and my life so if they don't like it then its tough! i openly tell people what i'm doing if they ask and ive had mixed responses, however i'm not really interested in their opinion xx

If people ask then i tell them... I think people can see how much healthier and happier i am.... So don't tend to pass judgement!!!

Yeah this time round I only told OH and Mum as she was doing it too. I tell them being really strict and cutting out rubbish (well in a way it's true!!).

Next time some-ona says your cheating challenge them to try it for a week and see what they think...

It certainly has proved to me that i DO have will power.... something i though i didn't posses!!! x

How stupid!? I can't even get my head round the mentality that considers the concept of "cheating" is in ANY way relevant to weight loss! You either lose weight or you don't! Duh!

Is someone going to come round and inspect you afterwards, say "I'm afraid your weight loss is illegal - you've got 28 days to regain all your fat or we'll take you to court..."?

Nutters. :slap:

It always makes me laugh when people say this diet is cheating....how can eating NOTHING be cheating???? Its ridiculous and those that say that I'd love to see them last 3 days doing this diet!!!! x x x

I too have told very few peeps.... I guess I don't want to have to listern to their opinions... This is my way of dealing with my weight loss and is of no buisness of theirs!!!! Don't mess with me I'm PMT-eed...LOL
Time to do your own thing Hun... go get em babe'...

How stupid!? I can't even get my head round the mentality that considers the concept of "cheating" is in ANY way relevant to weight loss! You either lose weight or you don't! Duh!

Is someone going to come round and inspect you afterwards, say "I'm afraid your weight loss is illegal - you've got 28 days to regain all your fat or we'll take you to court..."?

Nutters. :slap:

Haha, indeed. It is just using the basic principles of weightloss but just taking it to the extreme. When losing weight through excercise or even diet you basically burn all carbs so your body then burns off it's fat reserves. That is exactly what this diet does, it is your body burning it's own fat reserves which is exactly what is required for weight loss.

People are idiots. It will always be the same all-knowing oracles that explain that not being fat is as easy as 'Eat less, excercise more' while they are the sort of lucky muppets who never excercise or eat less but remain fine. Sometimes it is actually possible during life to put weight on and some are more susceptable to this that others.

Anyways, stuff them. Good luck everyone.

A friend and I did this diet a couple of years ago. I lost 2 stone in a month and felt super healthy. Another friend did it for 100 days and lost 80 lb. You really have to be careful afterwards though because it goes on really easily. I liked the diet. You don't think about food. The first week was the hardest, but I was never hungry and I had so much energy. Because of the cost I never heard of anyone not sticking to it religiously.

A friend and I did this diet a couple of years ago. I lost 2 stone in a month and felt super healthy. Another friend did it for 100 days and lost 80 lb. You really have to be careful afterwards though because it goes on really easily. I liked the diet. You don't think about food. The first week was the hardest, but I was never hungry and I had so much energy. Because of the cost I never heard of anyone not sticking to it religiously.

That's the other thing. ANY diet on Earth you lose weight on will follow by you putting on weight if you go back to your old habits. That's the reason you go on the diet in the 1st place.

I think you have to use the TFR to try and have a different opinion on food and how you go about it. You have a whole new chance to open your mind to more healthy options and appreciate that they are actually quite nice. I'd kill for even a bowl of veg about now !!

Diets will only ever be a short term fix to a long term problem, it is your mind that needs adjusting in the long term.

It's tough but the benefits surely outweigh the drawbacks.

I completely agree with everything that everyone has said! It drives me mad to hear of some peoples responses. I have only told my mum and my boyfriend. Luckily my boyfriend is on it too.

The other thing I HATE about peoples responses is dismissing this diet as 'dangerous' and 'unhealthy'. Being overweight is dangerous and unhealthy too! I think a lot of it boils down to jealousy. They are jealous that we are taking the positive steps to change our lives and that we have amazing willpower and will look awesome in sexy clothes! Xxx

So far everyone I have told about this plan have said that I am very brave for doing it. At the end of the day, its your body and its your decision to do what you think is best for it. If you are focused on the plan and your mind is in the right mindset then of course it will be worth it, you just have to be in the "zone" which we are!!! :)

I've had my so call friends tell me that they no someone who did a similar diet n once she started eating, piled all the weight back on!! I try to explain that she probably didn't change her eating habit n ate all crappy food, but my 'friend' is not interested in my explanation!
Now it's come to a point that if anyone asks, I just tell them I hav 2 shakes n a low cal meal at night! Just for peace n quiet as I can't hide mixing my shake at work due to the nature of my work.
Sometimes if am in a grumpy mood, wen asked, I just tell people to sod off n leave me alone in a nice way!!!

Think we all feel the same, Id love to see someone do this that has something to say bout it. I spoke to a girl yesterday that did it and she said thumbs up to ya Helen, i coldnt do it for more than a few weeks... But its well worth it,

Back