Anyone there?I need last min emotional support!!

Daydreambeliever

Hello!! I am at the airport about to do long haul flight to Jo'burg.Lovely-except that I just need someone to tell me I will fit in seat and its ok to be uncomfortably large on plane.Just had horrid experience-person in line ahead of me turned around at check in and said "just don't put me next to lardy" !!!!!!!!!!!!!! may cry...or find him,and eat him!!!! cue eveil laugh.

i flew to oz when i was large, you will be fine, and if someone is rude enough to make a comment on your weight poke the in the eye and tell them i told ya to do it :D

EAT HIM!!!! and spit him out all over the place!

Some people are soooo insensitive!
GRRR!

Enjoy South Africa! You're the one laughing... out of the cold and into the sun ;)

Don't let it get to you... not worth it!!!

hehehe!! thankyou!! I am actually feeling better,just running to computer helped. will try and get in touch from South Africa,only there for two days-how jet setty is that!?!?!?! xx

Hello!! I am at the airport about to do long haul flight to Jo'burg.Lovely-except that I just need someone to tell me I will fit in seat and its ok to be uncomfortably large on plane.Just had horrid experience-person in line ahead of me turned around at check in and said "just don't put me next to lardy" !!!!!!!!!!!!!! may cry...or find him,and eat him!!!! cue eveil laugh.

Mega hugs:)

Never mind the ignorant person...

You are a lovely person and this says so much about them and is no reflection on you whatsoever.

You can always lose weight, but they have to live with themselves...:eek:

Sending loads of positive good wishes your way and love.

Love Mini xxx

hehehe!! thankyou!! I am actually feeling better,just running to computer helped. will try and get in touch from South Africa,only there for two days-how jet setty is that!?!?!?! xx

There you go, glad your feeling much better and have a cool time.:D :D :D

What a nasty piece of work....if he's got an aisle seat, accidentally fall on to him whern walking past :D

Seriously hun, he's an ar$e. An unpleasant, inconsiderate ar$e.

Have a good trip :)
Kitty xxx

Yes tell him you can lose weight whenever you want but doubt he can change his personality. Have a fab time, I did a long haul flight very very large, all will be fine xxx

Aaaah bless ya,
What a horrible experience-it's bad enough when you worry for days and weeks before fitting into the plane seat but, to have some pathetic little man say that is so hurtful.

Let us know what flight he returns on and we will all meet him at the airport! Grrrrr!
Jax

My first ever flight was to New Zealand in 2004 (talk about in at the deep end!) and I weighed over 19st.

I was cr*pping myself that I wouldn't fit in the seat and although it was a tad 'snug' I was fine and didn't even need a seatbelt extension.

Everything will be fine: you'll have a great flight and I'm sure you'll have a blast in SA.

As for the kn*bhead who made that comment ... what goes around comes around. Take comfort from the fact that someone as nasty as that WILL get his come-uppance ... probably in the form of a knuckle-sandwich when he opens his foolish mouth in front of someone less civilised than you!

Have a great flight, and a great time, you will be just fine in that seat, and as for ignorant, you should thank him really because gob s**ts like that make us stronger, and more determent.xx

Hope you're having a fab time in Joburg, hun!!!! I love the place!!!

Whoever that pranny was who upset you was just scum - pure and simple! I've done that long haul flight many times when I was big, plus being 18stone and 36 weeks pregnant - not very comfortable in economy, but hats off to you for not shaming the idiot in public. I would have!!!!

Safe journey home, luv!!
xxxx

I hope you had a good flight. I have had some terrible experiences on aircraft. Above a size 28,the seatbelt does not fasten on me, and I am wedged between the arms of the seat so I couldn't fall out anyway.
Now I am at least 65kg lighter - and I had to pay 32 euros a few weeks ago because my suitcase was 4kg over!!! In a way, given that excess baggage is being charged for more strictly nowadays, I can see why averaged size folk object to people like I was, taking the equivalent of 6 extra baggage allowances, unquestioned - and free.
There's no easy answer, but there should be a way for big people to purchase the space, and weight allowance, they require, and for them to be treated with respect & courtesy both by staff and other customers.
Ann x

Hello all!
I'm back! Exhausted,but it was a great trip. I did fit in the seat-next time I'll be smaller so more comfortable-but,still;I DID fit!! Thankyou all so much for your uplifting messages,it really,really made me feel better to hear from so many of you.
One thing I can thank that loud,frankly stupid man for,is the fact that it made me realize I have to learn to respect,and love myself WHILE I am in the process of losing weight,and not expect it to just hit me once all this fat has dropped off(which won't happen this week after lovely SA wines-oops!!) Please forgive my introspection-its just the biggest thing I realized,is that a part of me agreed with him,and I know that is wrong.Yes,I can see its unfair to not pay excess baggage,and be looming over the person next to me; BUT...BUT... Its when I think on all the appalling things that people do(five minutes watching the international news will do)I know I am a good person,and everyone deserves respect and kindness.EVERYONE!!! Goodness me-I will stop now-so sorry about rant,must be jetlag or something!! how's everyone? xx

Back