Anyone tried Hypnotherapy??

x Nee x

Gold Member
Hi all :)

Just been thinking alot recently about Hypnotherapy and wondered if anyone has ever tried it?

I would love to know if anyone has and if it helped in anyway?

Thanks

xxx

Heya,
I've thought about it and gone through the process of finding someone I thought I trusted etc, but I don't think I would be able to relax enough - also if it didn't work, I hate the thought that I would have wasted all that money!
Let me know how you get on though, I'd love to be cured of my 'can't stop eating everything in sight illness'!!!

I know what you mean, Im sure its alot of money and may not work, but wouldnt it be great to just have that 'stop' on temptation??!!

Hi,

I've not but am considering having a hypnoband - a friend of a friend is developing a program for it and am very tempted

Hi,

I've not but am considering having a hypnoband - a friend of a friend is developing a program for it and am very tempted

Whats a Hypnoband?

you get hypnotised to believe you have a gastric band, so limitis the amount of food intake - or so i belive

wow, liking the sound of that, especially as I would love a gastric band, so this isnt yet available?

no it is, but is quite new, and price seems to vary a fair bit - but is obviously loads and loads cheaper than the actual surgery. seems to range from £195 upwards, depending on sessions needed etc.

My friend, is a qualified life coach and does hypnotherapy - but is developing her program for hypnoband. Have put forward my services as a guinea pig !!

I would definitely consider doing it, but from what I've seen it looks expensive and like everyone I'm worried it will just be a waste of money. I've downloaded a couple of free audio hypnosis files, and I'm going to give them a go instead.

if you go to hypnoband, dot, com - they list practitioners in your area ! might be worth a look

Will definately have a look :)

I would definitely consider doing it, but from what I've seen it looks expensive and like everyone I'm worried it will just be a waste of money. I've downloaded a couple of free audio hypnosis files, and I'm going to give them a go instead.

Yeh the money thing is a worry but its gotta be better than nothing hee hee

What site did you find the downloads on?

x

Hi. I've tried 2 self hypnosis things in the past and they both worked (while I did them). In fact some things off the Paul McKenna one I still use (like being conscious of how full or hungry I feel, and stopping eating when I feel full).
The other one was a Weight Loss Self Hypnosis tape which I played at night and it sent me to sleep. This was many years ago and not sure where you would get one now, but it did work for me at the time. Hope this helps
Vi

I bought one of those, welll kinda was subliminal msg under the sound of rain but I never tried it, think I got it on ebay

I did try the Paul Mckenna cd and book but I didnt find it very good, but I have spent some time today looking into the Hypno band, sounds really good but costs between £350-600 for the whole thing, but then in consideration of what you might achieve could work out great!

OOoooo might have a go - I emailed a woman about the hypno band, am thinking it might be better to go with someone I don't know - Might ensure I'm more honest about my relationship with food and inturn help the hypnosis work

Awesome, thanks will have a look xx

I'm thinking of starting counselling soon to try and stop myself getting in my own way so much!

The bloke I've chosen is a qualified hypnotherapist as well so I'd like to try this as well, will let you know what happens x

yes make sure u do xx

Back