Anyone tried Paul McKenna book and cd?

Hi guys !

Just seen your photo DQ.Your girls are so cute. I've got daughters too ( was there ever life before babies? )but I wouldnt swap them for the world.
Makes it harder to lose weight- or is this just another excuse ive managed to find?:D lol

I never realised this was a hypnosis CD. I got the book at a charity sale and glanced through it, and I got the idea it was just telling you to trust your intuitions about food, or something similar. I decided my intuitions were the problem (they keep saying "chocolate is good, eat as much as you can!"), and so I didn't read it. I might have another look at it.

Well, I've had a quick glance through the first few chapters and a lot of it makes sense. He is saying that to lose weight we need to follow four golden rules:

1. Eat whenever you are hungry.
2. Eat only what you want, never what you think you 'should'.
3. Eat consciously and enjoy every mouthful (the most important rule).
4. Stop when you even think your body is full.

He says this is how 'normal', thin people eat, so he argues that if we learn to eat like thin people, we will eventually become thin people. He gives a lot of tips like: chew every mouthful thoroughly, concentrate on enjoying each mouthful, and put your fork down until you have finished eating the current mouthful. I broke my diet and had some chocolate yesterday, but instead of really enjoying it, I wolfed it down as if I was starving and someone was about to take it away from me. I can't say I got a lot of pleasure out of my bar of chocolate. If I had been following his tips, at least I would have enjoyed it a bit more.

I don't really fancy being hypnotised by his CD but I will read the book and see what else he has to say.

Hi there i'm thinking of getting this when im nearer or at target as i feel this will be harder for me to maintain rather than lose but is it safe to fall asleep does he not need to bring you back out of the hypnosis so to speak. i'd worry im not going to wake up lolx

Back