Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Anyone tried the Velocity diet?

Discussion in 'All Other Diets' started by **Peachy**, 21 April 2009 Social URL.

1. **Peachy**

**Peachy** New Member

Having had several unsuccessful attempts at Weight Watchers-mainly due to my impatience at only losing 1/-1pound a week, I've been looking into the Velocity diet.

It's basically a meal replacement diet-meals are supplemented with several protein shakes a day, you're allowed one meal of solid foods per week. Calorie allowance ranges from 1300-1700 depending on if it's a lift or non lift day. I've been doing a bit of research and the results I've seen on other people are amazing. Was just wondering if anyone here had tried the V diet or something similar?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(33.2%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    I've never heard of it. Is it new?

4. **Peachy**

**Peachy** New Member

Taz it's not new, though an updated version has been released recently. I came across it on the Figure Athlete site. Some of the results people have had are amazing. I just don't know anyone that's tried it :(

5. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(33.2%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    Hmmm never heard of it

6. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    I've heard of it though admittedly haven't looked at it in detail. Sounds okay for short term. Protein sparing and all that if I remember rightly.

7. **Peachy**

**Peachy** New Member

It's designed to be followed for 28 days at a time, and I think you leave 6 weeks between cycles as it were. The shakes are high protein low carb, but no low enough to induce ketosis. Think I'll have to just go for it as I can't find anyone who's tried it! :sigh:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.