Anyone tried to work through the Beck Diet Solution

vanda

plodding away
The title says it all really.

After reading a lot of posts here on needing to address the psychology of overeating I have bought the Beck book in the hopes of having a guide through the maze of my brain. Have read the opening chapters and found it interesting that it suggests two weeks preparing before actually starting a diet - unless of course you are already on one - Has anyone any experience of following the suggestions in this book? First impressions are positive, it looks like a lot of soul searching and helpful techniques taken day by day. I will no doubt be seeking support throughout so will keep you all informed on my progress. Day one of preparation will be on Monday will go through the introduction properly tomorrow.

Vanda

I've done Beck before. I still use the principles today. I remind myself every day why I want to lose weight, which for me is the strongest motivator. I also give myself credit fairly often.
I think it's a great way to reinforce your diet and your approach to dieting.

~Silence~

Vakwi - how are you getting along with the Beck Diet??

I got one of her books - big green one - and found it excellent. I didn't enter on an outright programme but did make out some of the respones cards and still carry them around with me today... The complete programme seemed like a huge commitment that I don't really have the time for, but there are some really great nuggets of advice to found in the approach. Be interested to hear how you're getting on : )

After seeing posts about this book on here, I've decided to buy it. I love self-help books and even though I may not follow it formally, I'm sure I'll adapt some ideas for myself.

Hi

Must admit to have fallen off the healthy living planet did work through a few weeks of the beck plan and found it helpful but the full plan was too rigid for me to follow totally. Have got my head back in gear so am planning another assault on the fat.

Vanda

i have brought this book and is following it, its just what i want. i finding it hard to find a diet coach, as ive asked my bf and he doesnt want to.

Last edited:
Back