Beck Diet Solution

fannyanna

Hello

I tried posting about this the other day but it wouldn't let me so I thought I'd try again.

I'm sorry if this topic has already been covered - I can see there is a sub thread specific to the Beck diet solution but as a new member I can't access it yet.

I'm following Slimming World at the moment but I'm finding it really, really difficult at the moment. I really think I need to try to deal with the psychological aspects of dieting and I've ordered this book as it had quite good reviews on Amazon.

I'm wondering if anyone here has read it and if so what they thought. Has it helped you?

Thanks

FA

Thanks Mini - I saw that I needed more posts to my name before I can access the Beck sub-board. That's fine.

I seem to have ended up with two posts about the same thing (due to my own impatience - oops). Can I delete one of them myself or do I need to contact a moderator?

Hi Fannyanna,

I agree with you that any programme will not work until you are in the right frame of mind. Godness knows, I've lost loads with SW, then piled it back on when reverting to my old habits under stress. I've also joined up when not in the right emotional place and it hasn't worked for me.

Also like you, when I fiorst joined this site I was intrigued about the Beck section, so intrigued that I bought a book by what turned out to be the wrong author. Never the less I benefitted from it very much. But there are so many books out there to help us address our eating from an 'inner' perspective and all ring true for different people. I've many books llike this but the one by Martha Beck (NOT the one the closed group talk about) is the one that sits well thumbed by my bedside. I got it our last night and got more understanding about why we go into 'I've gotta gotta eat' mode after a period of deprivation. And what to do about it.

Until you can read the posts you want to look and decide what to buy, at can I suggest a free resource?

Many people have benefitted from these podcasts. there is support on yahoo groups and a FB page as well if you want to follow them up. Scroll right down to the end of the page for the start of them.

Podcast: Inside Out Weight Loss - Aligning Mind Body and Spirit for Lasting Change | Diet | Weight Loss | NLP | Motivation | Fitness

wishing you well on your weight loss journey, and everything else.

Back