Anyone triex to make nuggets

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by flosoup, 14 June 2011 Social URL.

1. flosoup

flosoup Member

My boys are looking nuggets for their tea and I'm wondering .... I'm a useless cook so I was thinking of dicing some chicken dipping it in egg and rolling it in *cooked* cous cous and putting it in the oven at 180 for about 25 mins. What do you guys think or will I poison the lot of them!!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. JackieN

JackieN Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.81%)
    Diet:
    Slowly cutting out refined sugar and cooking more from scratch
    Can't comment on cous cous as don't really use it. I've made nuggets by lightly coating slices of chicken in 'Southern Fried coat and cook' the whole packet is 9 syns and it goes along way. Or you can sprinkle it on one side of chicken only and wrap in foil, unwrap for last 10 mins. thats nice too.

or if you have HEXB's you could make own breadcrumbs, add garlic powder, dice some chicken, coat in egg, put breadcrumbs and garlic powder in a bag and shake the chicken pieces in it to coat them and cook?

4. furrystomper

furrystomper BATMAN & ROBIN FOREVER

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.97%)
    Diet:
    sw
    No u wont poison them lol nuggets made like this are really nice hun, try adding some seasoning to the water for the couscous or maybe a chicken oxo & a little garlic so its not so plain :D
    Oh and i always boil my chicken first for about 5-8 mins then dice and coat in egg then roll in the cooked couscous :)

5. flosoup

flosoup Member

Ok I'm gonna give it a go :) I'll let you know how I get on (might seal it first tho or boil it)

6. furrystomper

furrystomper BATMAN & ROBIN FOREVER

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.97%)
    Diet:
    sw
    [​IMG]

Here is a pic of my last lot with scotch eggs on the right and nuggets on the left. :)

7. flosoup

flosoup Member

They look lovely :)

Mine were ok I suppose. Don't think I should have pan fried them off first lol I'll try boiling them the next time:)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.