Anyone TTC?

maybebabypowell

Hello All

I was just wandering I have seen some people who have fallen Pregnant while on LT, but is anyone TTC?

I am going to be TTC, while on LT, I know that once I do get that all important baby nestling in I will have to out LT on hold, but this is ONE of the reasons I am giving it a go.

Would love to hear from anyone else who is TTC, whilst dieting.

Hmmm hun is that a good idea? All i know is that when TTC you should eat a healthy balanced diet xx

I mentioned it to the pharmasist when i popped in for my DVD and she did not say anything about it being a prob, but said that if I did get pregnant that I would need to stop LT immediatly, which I understand and would be happy to do.

i am doing CD and once i get to my target weight i will then be ttc. It is just not sensible for me to try at the mo doing a crash diet and all. good luck to you xx

Yeah fair enough hun but i would have thought it would be much harder whilst dieting xx

You will have a much better chance of conceiving if you are at a good weight! But not such a good idea to TTC while on LT - me thinks!

I would wait until you have finished taking LT hun.

I went on LT last year after i had my third child. The weight was falling off. After week 3 i mentioned to the doctor i thought i had a kidney infection. No turned out i was 4 months pregnant. I was so worried that the baby hadn't developed right or i had harmed him in some way. From the grace of god he was grand.
You need a good healthy body when you're ttc and especially in the early stages of pregnancy. Most wemon are 5-6 weeks pregnant when they know 4 sure its happening. Give the diet a couple of months and then ttc. You will feel fitter and be able to carry better.
Best of luck with the diet.

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the replies, maybe I should have been a bit clearer with what I was saying, I am not planning on TTC during the first at least 8 weeks to give my body time to regulate to being on LT. I will also not be activly looking for the "right" time of the month but hubby and me will not be using protection either after the first 8 weeks or so. It is also very unlikly that it will happen as my totm seems to last forever so if that continues we wont have the chance.

I was just interested to see if anyone else was loosing weight for this reason and if they were TTC while dieting.

I hope that makes more sense.

I have just had my little guy in November and hes 7 months this week but in Aug we are trying for number 3 our daughter is 10 so ill be stopping this then and just healthy eating ut we are also going to furuventura in Aug so maybe i'm hoping hell be conceived there. Oh its all exciting

TTC, oh that's wonderful! Most exciting time of your life! :D

I wouldn't personally TTC while on LT, initially because the diet messes with your monthlies, I had 2 periods in the whole 4 months I was on it, so it can be hard to know if you've conceived or not.

Also, you need to be taking folic acid when ttc, I am not sure how that would affect ketosis.
Best of luck for when you decide to go for it!

SW
xx

I would say after your 8 weeks or so you want to give yourself on lt and you start ttc/babydancing! lol! I would def stop lt. If you want to continue to loose weight, slimming world is the only diet supported by the royal college of midwifes. Check this link Health Professional Resource Centre - Slimming World's Pregnancy Policy.
I tried this while pregnant,(little one now nearly 5 months!) but then after 7 months all went wrong, I started eating and eating, put on sooo much in my last 2 months of pregnancy!
Good luck when you do start ttc! x

Skink has a good point about the folic acid hun xx

I'm not sure people have ttc on Lt, but many have!!!! It seems that this diet has helped a lot of people......some who previously struggled. Good luck with whatever you decide...and yes Folic Acid is a must!!.xx

Back