Anyone up for a 30-Day Shred Challenge?

Level one day three done:) before my shift in work too!! took a sneaky peek at level 2 also and soon wished I hadnt, eekk! but im assured by many that as each day passes it will become that bit easier, sure hope so!

Lfm ...@ level 1 ( 8 days in )
Flippin heck That was like day 1 :-/
xj -- @ level 1 (6 done, 24 to go)
magorgon --*@ Level 1 (1 done, 29 to go)
Clover -- @ Level 1 (1 done, 29 to go)
Inge -- @ Level 2 (18 done, 12 to go)
Emmie -- @ Level 1 (1 done, 29 to go)
kerryathome -- @ level 1 (7 done 23 to go)
MissLX -- @ level 1 (2 done, 28 to go)
Madmuppet -- @ level 1 ( 15 done 15 to go) 5 days @ level 2 but back to level 1 due to back ache
eviebeamummy -- @ level 1 (1 done, 29 to go)
kimmykins2008 -- @ level 1 (3 done, 27 to go)

Day 3 completed - perhaps I won't look ahead just yet kimmykins I'm so sore still! I was told day 4 wasn't so bad but I am now dreading it...!! I'm hoping to do it straight every day for 1month, I'm towards the end of my weight loss & I need a boost to cross the finish line in time for my goal date!

Madmuppet -- @ level 1 ( 15 done 15 to go) 5 days @ level 2 but back to level 1 due to back ache
eviebeamummy -- @ level 1 (3 done, 27 to go)
kimmykins2008 -- @ level 1 (3 done, 27 to go)

I'm starting 1st March as I have a load of stuff on this month and I'm not quite the right mind set. Planning to do it every other day as I am very sedentary! Last time I started it did two weeks and the difference was amazing! I look forward to seeing everyone's progress.

well thats level one workout 4 done, I am finding some bits easier already so I am very encouraged by that, really cant do jumping jacks though, my back and knees dont seem to like them so I just replace these with rope skips or butt kicks and just put more effort in when poss! seem to be aching a bit less afterwards too so all positive so far!

Eviebeamummy very well done on completing during the weekend as you were unsure you would get the chance, excellent;-) are you enjoying it in a strange sort of way?! Think I definately am and it seems to be over so quickly, also the constant aching just reminds me that I must be doing myself some good so come to not mind that in a way either!

chuffy_29 - I like your plan sounds good, something to aim for, I would really recommend, you obviously know how it works and have experienced how well it does in a short space of time so that is motivation for you and indeed us all;-)

eviebeamummy -- @ level 1 (3 done, 27 to go)
kimmykins2008 -- @ level 1 (4 done, 26 to go)

Ive had 3 days off :( will be getting straight back on it tomorrow morning to complete the last 15 days cant wait :)

Well done all new starters we will all be slim and trim in no time :D x

Kimmykins that's exactly what it is! The only things I struggle with are a) push ups (knees & forearms at the moment!) & b) jumping jacks to skipping - my calves cramp up! So I have to switch to alternate leg skipping for 5/10 secs.
Day 4 is down, I'm slightly irritated as my hubby is doing it as I type & seems to be finding it way easier - annoying!!!
its definitely going much faster than when I started too? Weigh in tomorrow, dreading finding I weigh the same as last week I've had a static few weeks with some personal stuff going on meaning I'm not being as good diet wise as I should - still on calorie count but way over on fat (chocolate in place of dinner anyone??)

eviebeamummy -- @ level 1 (4 done, 26 to go)

Day 5 done, & weigh in. Lost nothing :-( been pretty good this week & with 5 shreds I was up for a good loss o I'm gutted & deflated at the moment :-(
pushed myself today too following red shorts instead of green lady.

eviebeamummy -- @ level 1 (5 done, 25 to go)

Week 1 workout 5 done, boy that was tough, prob hardest yet!

Eviebeamummy well done on your weekend its great you could stick with it, its so encouraging to hear im/were not alone I think, we seem to struggle on the exact same things so it must be a similar story accross the board!? today was a slog for me, have been following each lady about 50/50 up till now as I seem to manage ok with all the squatts and arm stuff etc but decided to stick with just red shorts lady today as you say, think I was over confident as definately pushed it too far, still feel sick actually!!

On the weight loss thing again snap, its actually scary how similar it seems to be going for us! I weighed this morning and have apparently put on one pound even with being very good following sw and with the shred ( my official weigh day is wed eve in group but I am guilty of stepping on scales during week;-(, however I am not disheartened and please dont you be, it seems to be the bodys natural reaction is to hold onto fluid when starting new excercise (i believe something to do with naturally protecting/ reparing muscles etc?!) but I am more than confident that if we stick to it on the good food and shred front we will see the benefits from next week on, its also important to make sure you drink between 2 and 2.5 litres of water slowly throughout the whole day when doing any kind of excercise, this helps flush things, something which ive actually not been doing every day so guessing thats where mine has come from!! A personal trainer friend of mine has mentioned all of the above so quite sure its the case! Dont give up, keep going - you can definately do it, remember the end goal;-)

Madmuppet, hi again and well done for planning to get back into it, sure it must be really tough after a few days off and with back problems, stick with it, we can all help each other;-)

kimmykins2008 -- @ level 1 (5 done, 25 to go)

Just started doing the 30 day shred again 2 days ago (so this is day 3, going to do it after corrie and eastenders have been watched on the sky+ lol).

Have to say didn't feel anything after day one but actually feeling the last 2 workouts today, feeling a bit stiff. Hoping I make it through tonights workout without caving in lol. Determined to get the full 30 days done and a bit of fat off.

Little Miss Diet -- @ level 1 (3 done, 27 to go)

Just started doing the 30 day shred again 2 days ago (so this is day 3, going to do it after corrie and eastenders have been watched on the sky+ lol).

Have to say didn't feel anything after day one but actually feeling the last 2 workouts today, feeling a bit stiff. Hoping I make it through tonights workout without caving in lol. Determined to get the full 30 days done and a bit of fat off.

hey welcome and well done for starting, you are going well so far, i too am determined to get to 30 days, we can all help and encourage each other:)

Day 16 done and dusted :D bring on the next 14 days lol xx

Madmuppet -- @ level 1 ( 16 done 14 to go) 5 days @ level 2 but back to level 1 due to back ache

Kimmykins - you are very wise! I'm holding out for a good loss next week then!
day 6 & I managed almost all of the things I found hard/impossible at the beginning. Thought I had to start level 2 on day 7 but it's day 10 so I reckon I can be a pro at level 1 by then :)
Reweighed yday after feeding the baby & have lost 0.5lb so that's slightly better.

Madmuppet -- @ level 1 ( 16 done 14 to go) 5 days @ level 2 but back to level 1 due to back ache
eviebeamummy -- @ level 1 (6 done, 24 to go)

Days six and seven of level one in the bag, glad to be finding it a little easier now too!
Did yesterdays workout infront of just my phone also (was quite weird!) as wifi internet not working in house! I usually follow it on youtube as still waiting for actual dvd to arrive!!

We all seem to be coping well, keep it up ladies;-)

Madmuppet: must be a great feeling to be over the half way point, well done;-)

Eviebeamummy: not sure wise, just experienced I guess! seem to be forever on the diet and excercise roundabout!! glad you too are finding it easier with time, well done on your weight loss, if you lost 1/2 a pound every week that would be almost 2 stone in a year so it all adds up.

I cannot make it to group tonight because of last minute changes with my shift in work so I weighed this morning: 1.5lbs on;-( sure hope its the starting excercise thing and this will shift next week, I have been a model dieter too this week, isnt the body a funny thing!!

eviebeamummy -- @ level 1 (6 done, 24 to go)
kimmykins2008 -- @ level 1 (7 done, 23 to go)

Maybe your scales are different? I live in hope that mine make me heavier than any others in the world ;-)
day 7 down, still struggling with push ups but getting better at everything else.
3 days til level 2 *gulp*

eviebeamummy -- @ level 1 (7 done, 23 to go)
kimmykins2008 -- @ level 1 (7 done, 23 to go)

Days six and seven of level one in the bag, glad to be finding it a little easier now too!
Did yesterdays workout infront of just my phone also (was quite weird!) as wifi internet not working in house! I usually follow it on youtube as still waiting for actual dvd to arrive!!

Madmuppet: must be a great feeling to be over the half way point, well done;-)

Your doing great hun keep it up :D
It is lovely to be half way cant wait to get to the end though lol just want to see how my measurements change :D
No shred today for me ended up doing a mega 14 mile walk instead :eek: back to it tomorrow though :D

14 miles???? Wow. I wish I was over half way through, it's a bit boring compared to other things I've done, but as my skinny size 8/10 cousin dropped out after day 4 I am DETERMINED to finish the 30 days!!! Would help if I was seeing the weight loss on the scales though :-/

Yep 14 miles legs are still hurting didnt realise how far i had gone was in a world of my own lol the 7 miles back were long and cold :D

Did you take measurements hun? You could be losing inches and gaining muscle so not seeing a lost :) Im sure the scales will catch up with you lol xx

Week one workout eight: tick!!

still going despite the weight issues! thanks for the support girls, eviebeamummy: I keep telling myself my scales are different, you never know! you have now doubled your cousins efforts, well done, and yes we can all finish for sure;-)

madmuppet, 14 miles!!! wow thats amazing, you certainly deserve a day off, I would prob need a week after that!!

Im banking on the measurments change if my weight is not going to change too much, one or the other is usually the case, I took measurments and pictures at day one, I plan on measuring at day 15 just to monitor where I am at and then of course the final measurments and pics at end, I feel fitter and better already so think the changes will be great;-)

I am off home to Wales for a long weekend so will be checking back in Mon, after first level 2 workout, eekk!! with three meals, cinema and bingo night planned in 4 days catching up with family and friends the diet may well go out the window; but today I finally received my 30 day shred dvd so its already packed to come with me, if I keep up every day the scales may be my friend sometime soon!!

Have a good weekend ladies;-)

eviebeamummy -- @ level 1 (7 done, 23 to go)
kimmykins2008 -- @ level 1 (8 done, 22 to go)

I'm definitely fitter than when i started, but have now done 'something' to my knee so had to take today off :-( Im hoping to start again tomorrow otherwise I'll undo all my good work in terms of collapsing in a puddle if I leave it too long...
my grandma also passed away this afternoon (bowel cancer) so I've been a bit of a mess.

Knee still sore. No weight loss seen. Thoroughly fed up!!

Back