Anyone used Virgin Active?

xVestaX

I just joined my local Virgin Active gym. It looks pretty good. I'll be going for my first work out there on Wednesday. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience of using Virgin Active and how did you find it?

I'm pretty unfit so I just hope I don't embarass myself! But hopefully it will help with the weightloss. They have a pool too and I love swimming. :)

I've used my local virgin active and liked it!
I only did gym classes and gym work but it was great. Only downside is the distance away from where I live (2 buses away) and the cost.
Now use my council run gym that's 2 minutes down the road and my membership covers both that and another in the area. The gym is nowhere near as good, but it's the classes I go for, got fab instructors so I'm happy with my council gym :)
VA is an awesome gym though, just wish it was closer to me or I'd have joined a long time ago!

lucky you! my local is about 90 mins walk away from me. whereas my local council gym is so close..... downside of council gym is dodgy air con that never gets fixed. VA's is always working fine. in this heat its so horrible

Hi,

I was a VA member in Leeds and I loved it! Dead friendly helpful staff, loads of classes with good instructors, and nice clean, posh changing rooms. It is pricey, but I think you get what you pay for.
I had to leave when I moved cities, and they gave me no trouble about cancelling or anything.

I'm with my local council gym now as the VA here in Nottingham is too far from where I live. It's ok, I tend to only do classes, and there's a good range. But it is very 'no frills', and I do miss the more luxurious surroundings of a posher gym!

Hope you enjoy your membership!

I was a member of the Virgin Active gym in Nottingham for about a year and loved it. I only quit because I moved in with my now husband, which moved me out of the area.

i joined it mainly because I love swimming but as a non-driver it was hard to get to any of the local pools, whereas the Virgin Active was on my way to work.

I am not really interested in the gym but I used it on occasion. I used the pool roughly 5 mornings a week then I did some classes on Mondays & Tuesdays - street dance & freestyle dance on Mondays and punch (boxfit) on Tuesdays.

I am and was then a big girl, probably around a size 18 back then. I was self-conscious at first but everyone was so friendly, instructors and members alike, and I made some good friends. I thought there was something for everyone and the gym itself was beautiful (in an old railway station).

I would go back to Virgin Active in a heartbeat, although now I have a monthly swim membership at my council pool for only £17.95/mth, I realise how expensive Virgin Active is! Worth every penny if you ask me.

Back