Anyone want a slimming buddy?

Hi Sarah - I'll do the ass kicking if you want! :p I'm just coming to the end of my 4th week and weigh in on Monday mornings - a deliberate ploy to try make me behave over the weekends! ;) I've done OK so far but don't think this week will be good as I can tell I'm slipping a bit already on the planning front! When do you weigh in?

hey kerry,

am not bothering going to wi this week either I have ate everything in sight lol have had a chinese, chippy and a christmas dinner all in one week lol am afriad to look at the scales

I feel abit better about my situation, I finally told my family thought they would have been really disappointed but they shocked me and my mum and dad were actually really excited :)

everything seems much better

how was ur xmas dinner kerry, Hannah how is ur week going hopefully better than mine lol

enjoy ur night everyone x

Hey everyone.

I decided not to weigh myself today as i couldn't face the disappointment.

My night out was actually really good. I had the most delicious marinated pork and pienapple in a flour tortilla. There was tonnes of food though. I also had beer and cocktails. It was a good night but im going to have to be ultra super good to make up for it this week.

Sue, i'm glad you are feeling happier about things. Parents can really surprise you with their reactions. We thought my parents in law would be horrified. They are in their 70's and dont have any grandchildren. They arent exactly involved in our lives but they were delighted and really enjoy having him to visit. Hope you are feeling ok, any more pains??

i'm off to buy our xmas lunch tomorrow so fingers crossed I dont go overboard. Hope you all have a great week

Hi ladies and apologies

Hi all, sorry for asking to join and then not being here.Sadly I lost my mum on the 2nd and all my time has been spent with my dad and family organising things.Hopefully in the next week or two I will be getting stuck back in and aiming for my goal again.
Hope everyone is well ..seems like a lot of babies due soon :)) I have 8 weeks til i become a grandma lol.
love to all
Jan

So sorry to hear about your mum jan. Its never easy when you lose someone you love but particularly hard at this time of year I think. I hope you + your dad are ok. Sending you big hugs x

Hi Sarah, I would love to be your buddy too. I have just joined and like Lesley also weigh in on Mondays. I lost 3 pounds the first week which I was pretty pleased with as I made some mistakes (using a wholemeal wrap as a healthy extra instead of syn and having 100g raw pasta instead of cooked:sign0007::booboo:
Anyway, if you're happy having a newbie as your buddy, please let me know. Jane x

Aww sorry to hear that fillimum!

Sue - Im very glad that you are feeling better about it!! BIG CONGRATULATIONS is in order! I love little babies!! :) And ive been exactly the same as you and have eaten anything and everything, at least youve got an excuse now! lol!

Kerry - I didnt weigh in either, just know im around 11st 7 now!

I am starting myself on a 10 week challenge, you may say its silly to start that before christmas lol but I think ive got to, as my heart just isnt in it atm!

So 10 weeks takes me to the Sunday after valentines day, which sounds good! And it should control me over christmas, new year and my birthday! Im back at the gym as of today and my bf is going to give me weight training sessions in the new year (when he goes back to the gym) Theoretically this could see me through to my target, but thats being a tad optimistic, so wont think of it that way! But its to get me back on track! 10 weeks doesnt sound too bad, but its actually ages! So anyone with me?? :)

hi everyone

jan am so sorry to hear ur news, hope u and ur dad are ok x

am feeling better about my news even a little excited now lol but its still early days

am trying to get back on track today but all I want to do is eat and eat and eat, I think its the time of year never mind anyting else, am still not goin to class tomorrow but trying to do any damage limitation that I can now

breakfast - fruit and fibre with milk, melon, orange and pear

snack - pineapple and then a mince pie, tiny home made one duno how bad they are lol

lunch - speed soup, with 3 x allison small brown rolls, think I can have two as a healthy extra b but I was so hungry I ate an extra one, so going to try and not eat any more syns today and think am well over anyway

hannah go for ur challenge u can do it... am goin to try and just maintain at the min lol hopefully am not to bad lol

good luck everyone x

What is the challenge Hannah? Not silly to start now as there is always a reason to put it off. Good luck with it

I want to lose 2lbs a week for 10 weeks, being optimistic but ahhhh well its what I need! Going to do resistance training at home, probs with cans of baked beans!

Going to try to stay focused for 10 weeks, but take it a week at a time!

Really want to stop messing around and get to target, would have been a year end if jan that I've been on slimming world, so I want to be at least close to target at that point!

Hi Sarah - I'll do the ass kicking if you want! :p I'm just coming to the end of my 4th week and weigh in on Monday mornings - a deliberate ploy to try make me behave over the weekends! ;) I've done OK so far but don't think this week will be good as I can tell I'm slipping a bit already on the planning front! When do you weigh in?

Hey! Thanks for the reply? I weigh in on a thursday! i've not been as good as I should have been this week! I've slipped but I'm not going to beat myself up. its christmas! :D Im doing ok most of the time though, its just work that can be difficult I work nights so my eating habbits are a little odd...tea time to you is breakfast to me! haha. So how are you finding it!?
thanks for replying btw! xx

Hi Sarah, I would love to be your buddy too. I have just joined and like Lesley also weigh in on Mondays. I lost 3 pounds the first week which I was pretty pleased with as I made some mistakes (using a wholemeal wrap as a healthy extra instead of syn and having 100g raw pasta instead of cooked:sign0007::booboo:
Anyway, if you're happy having a newbie as your buddy, please let me know. Jane x

Hi, thanks for your reply. Im sticking to the plan as muhch as I can but im not going o tell myself off if i mess up! haha. So how are you finding it? Im just living on apples and satsumas...
Sarah x

Morning to both of you! :) Ohhh Jane - i've just noticed you live in Switzerland - is that difficult when you're trying to work out the syns of branded goods??
Sarah - I know exactly where you're coming from with the nights as my OH worked them for over 20 years - he's just moved onto double days and that's a real shock to his system! :rolleyes:
I'm finding the plan OK although have had my ups and downs....craving comfort food with the snow and now of course with all the festivities and meals out to deal with! I did quite well in my first couple of weeks though so the 16.5lbs in 4 weeks doesn't look too bad and I'm really pleased with myself overall! :p I can honestly say that I'm eating loads more than usual and I've found my way into the kitchen as well and cooked up a storm with homemade soups, chillis, curries etc :eek: I have got a food diary which I use to try and keep myself on track - have a look if you want.....
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/178384-fff-diary.html
Hope this week is going ok for you both and well done to you both on your losses so far!

11 days to go ,,its christmas :)

Thank you all for your kind words.
Sue,I'm glad you are feeling better , I'm sure all be great.My son and his girlfriend are 17..the news was a shock at first and they have been through a lot stress and insercurity, but I'm proud of both of them and we are all getting excited now.
Hannah,I don't think starting now is silly..it will keep you focused not to over indulge over xmas , in fact I have decided to keep a tight eign on things lol.

breakfast..banana..boiled egg toast(b)

lets see if i can be good today :))

xxx jan

hey everyone,

am trying really good to have a 100% day today but am finding it really tough, I just cant seem to get full lol I have ate millions

Breakfast - porridge (hex b) and milk (hex a )

Snack - Melon, 3 x oranges

Lunch - spoonful of rice, 3 x ryvita (3syns), butter (1 syn) and super speed soup (baked bean, mixed bean salad, parsnip, carrots, onion, leeks, tomatoes)

Snack - pear and melon

Dinner - prepared in advance lol, steak, carrots, leek and onion casserole with turnip and baby boil potatoes,

am trying to an extra easy day, does this seem right or do I need more fruit and veg

total syns so far 4, hopefully I dont eat to many more, although I really want a pkt of crisps but am trying to resist

how is everyone else doing today?

That looks like a great extra easy day Sue! :)

My day is going well so far, just so long as i dont find any excuses not to go to the gym!

Breakfast - porridge with skimmed milk
Lunch - Homemade veg soup
Dinner - (will be) steak, and veg

I cant do fruit etc and snacks as I have no money lol so its whatever is in the cupboard for now! Which should make me tighten my reigns! :)

Sue will you be continuing at the gym throughout your pregnancy?

Hello Buddies:gen126:
How are you doing today? I have a horrible head cold - my face is aching :-( My sister is coming over to Switzerland on Thursday and my parents on Saturday so I really want to feel better for that.
I have switched to red days as I have a bit of a problem with carbs and extra easy allows me to eat more of them than I should!

When I go out, I will have an eeasy day though as I think it will be easier to stick to. I have a heavy week coming up - Friday out with the girls for Crimbo drinks... think I will have to stick to vodka and diet coke (I can see it's your fav too Lesley!) and do what another member suggested which is putting a certain amount of coins in one pocket and each time you have a drink, swapping one in to the other so that you can keep track. Saturday, I am going out for a chinese. Think I will have hot and sour soup 5.5 followed by plain rice (free) and beef in black bean (5.5) and gin with slimline tonic (will have to take the slimline with me as you can't buy it anywhere here (my family will bring me a supply!). Sunday, cocktails and snacks with friends.... think I will eat before I go and try and just have a couple of glasses of champagne OR if she's making mojitos, I will ask for mine with splenda (again, I'll take it with me) instead of sugar which makes it a 2.5syn drink :) and in the evening I will cook butter chicken for everyone (and not eat it) and a SW friendly curry for myself and boiled rice.
Next week - dinner with 27 girls on Tuesday - phew... and then it's just Christmas to get thru!!!

How about you guys? Do you have a lot on?

Lesley, I have loved reading your food diary. What is a PE? Sorry to be stupid, I know you ended up in hospital but can't work out what it stands for!

Sarah, I've been eating quite a few satsumas too! And weight watchers yoghurts.

It isn't easy as all the brands here are different - even the WWatcher foods are different here! But I joined the online program so have been calculating all the syns manually. It will take a bit of work to start and then will be easier.

I have a big hernia op scheduled for Feb so really want to lose as much weight as possible before that.

Anyway, sorry to ramble on. Let me know how you're both getting on.

Jane xxxx:D

Sue did you have any fruit at breakfast? If not try to have some fruit after dinner to make up for it. I struggle with the third superfree.

To put it politely im having a crap day! So far I've had a bacon roll for breakfast, pizza for lunch, 1/2 a very large tray of milk tray chocs, 3 hobnobs . I have no Idea whats for dinner. I just cant seem to get my act together this week + there Is no excuse for it. Am starting to wonder if I should just give up til after Xmas. I was so determined to stay on plan over xmas but i can't seem to stick to it + there are now so many naugjty tjings in the house. Help!

hi everyone

kerry didnt have any with my porridge but I had melon and 3 x oranges when I got into work all between 9 and 11 lol

I will try and have some more after dinner anyway just incase

Hannah I had been thinking about sticking at the gym but at the min my chest is so sore dunno if I could, its sore when am walking up and down the stairs never mind runing on a treadmill, its so painful lol

but am going to try and keep doing the wii fit even any sort of light exercise for as long as I can lol

kerry I know what U mean I was thinking should I just give up to jan, but I dont know if I could face goin back in jan and having like 7 -10 lb on lol, so am missing this week but am going to go next tues no matter how bad I have been and then am going to go xmas week as well, I would be over the moon if I cud even sts but we will see lol

DONT GIVE UP!!!!!!

Work hard up until christmas eve! Allow yourself a few days off over christmas, but please do not give up! You will put on more and feel even more demotivated after!

Kerry I understand that you want to eat all the naughty things that are in the house, but keep them out the house! Your son doesn't need these naughty foods yet! Its not quite christmas! Keep your will power up for the next 11 days, then allow yourself 3 days or so, then get straight back on track. I know the feeling all to well of thinking ill just have a week off and it gets dragged out for a month or two, its really hard to get back on track after completely letting go!

Slimming world isn't about dieting. It is a healthy lifestyle choice, there's a christmas every year, if you do well this year you will not feel so worried next year when you are at target and christmas is coming! Please please just think about it!! :) Ill check back in after gym!

Back