Anyone want a weight loss buddy?

SlimShandy

Hi all, I'm new on here and just wanted to say if anyone would like to be weight loss buddies & spur each other on... get in touch

Hiya. Me too. I did really well last year and lost loads, but started a new job in 2016 and all I do is work so no time for all my healthy activities and I have piled the pounds back on

I've decided to leave my job as it's no good for my health and I'm getting myself ready to restart on Jan 2nd.

Hiya. Me too. I did really well last year and lost loads, but started a new job in 2016 and all I do is work so no time for all my healthy activities and I have piled the pounds back on

I've decided to leave my job as it's no good for my health and I'm getting myself ready to restart on Jan 2nd.
Wow! That's a brave move & I really hope it works out for you - only we ourselves can know when something isn't right for us & have the power to change it. Good luck! Plus let's make 2017 the year we accomplish so many of our weight loss goals :) x

Brave or stupid?

At the end of the day we only get one life. There are plenty more jobs. My predecessor left after a heart attack and I'm starting to understand why! I don't intend on going that way.

Today is the first day back on the wagon and I'm doing well so far but I must update my stats as I weighed myself today and I weigh more than I started at last time :-(

Bit of a tough week & couldn't get online which hasn't helped...but, weighed in this morning & have lost another 3lbs which is 9lbs in 2 weeks so happy with that! You're right, sometimes it feels so easy & yet at others you just want to eat cake!!! x

Hi Cat568 & Ponytales,
Just a quick hello from a fellow newbie, I have been doing sw for a few months and still haven't got my first stone off (10 1/2 lbs so far) so last week I realised I needed to make a change and now I'm willing myself to lose 3 1/2 lbs this week, I weigh in tomorrow... hoping to see it gone.
I'll let you know how it goes :)
How do you motivate yourselves?
Have you any mini goals?
Good Luck!!!

H
Hi Cat568 & Ponytales,
Just a quick hello from a fellow newbie, I have been doing sw for a few months and still haven't got my first stone off (10 1/2 lbs so far) so last week I realised I needed to make a change and now I'm willing myself to lose 3 1/2 lbs this week, I weigh in tomorrow... hoping to see it gone.
I'll let you know how it goes :)
How do you motivate yourselves?
Have you any mini goals?
Good Luck!!!
Hi Lyndsay,
Hopefully this will make you feel better - a friend of mine attended weight watchers for a YEAR & only lost what you have so far!!
What changes have you made this week? For me following SW bread is the biggest problem - I love it but it doesn't love me more's the pity. Whenever I had bread as my HEB I never did as well or even gained so I now avoid it as best I can. But I love it soooo I get cravings & have to give in occasionally.
I have indeed set myself mini goals. I have written out every milestone I.e. each half stone & 5% lost from my starting weight to almost my goal weight. At significant ones I will treat myself to a non-food item. There are other milestones to achieve tho like painting my toenails (I can no longer reach properly) getting into smaller clothes but for me a massive achievement will be having a bath! Something we all take for granted until your weight becomes such an issue that its pretty likely that if you sat in the bath you'd get wedged in unable to get out...but that's me right now :(
Good luck for weigh in tomorrow - let us know how you do xx

Back