Anyone want any OUT OF DATE soups!!!....anyone!!!!

dizzy-n-mizzy

Not dieting ATM!
I can't believe it!

Just browsing on ebay and noticed someone is selling 6 soups which are 5 months out of date. Not only that but they want £6.00 and an extortionate £3.70 for postage so that's nearly £10 for 6 soups that should be in the bin.:eek: I think I may watch the item and see if it sells I can't believe that anyone will be that stupid will they? God I hope not!

What do you think? Has anyone seen this before?

Dizzy x

That's disgraceful! :mad: Talk about rip off!!
Someone would have to be pretty damned desperate to buy them.

I agree! I hope there is no one that is that desperate if I see a bid I may email the bidder and advise them but maybe I should mind my own business.

Not sure how ebay would stand on this one!

Dizzy x

I am sure someone will buy them. There are some desperate people out there and lots who won't go to a councillor for various reasons.

I agree! I hope there is no one that is that desperate if I see a bid I may email the bidder and advise them but maybe I should mind my own business.

Not sure how ebay would stand on this one!

Dizzy x

Unfortunately it would count as auction interference and you run the risk of a strike against you :( Ebay have not been the most helpful when it comes to stopping people selling CD.

Would it not be worth contacting ebay to advise that this seller is selling out of date goods? Even if they aren't bothered (although they should be) about people selling CD products surely selling out of date products that could potentially make someone ill should be against ebay rules? It's worth a quick email...you never know these items may be removed by ebay?

I think their attitude is very much 'buyer beware'. If it's that clear that the soups are out of date, the seller isn't trying to hide it so it's up to the buyer to be cautious :(

I think their attitude is very much 'buyer beware'. If it's that clear that the soups are out of date, the seller isn't trying to hide it so it's up to the buyer to be cautious :(

Hand't thought of it like that DQ - still annoying though isn't it:( these people who sell just know how desperate some people are......:mad:

It's a Best Before date, so they are not breaking the law

My first CDC used to sell me out of date products - would knock a bit off the price! But not much!!!!

To be honest it never tasted any different because I think they are like the food that they send up in space and lasts for god knows how long, but that wasn't the point really. I didn't know any better and 'the CDC' was obviously just shifting old stock.

Thankfully my two CDC's since then have been far far better!

You can still eat fod which is past it's best fore date. You can eat it 12 months past it's BBD

Back