Anyone want to loose 50lb and buddy up?

Good morning every one, well I'm beginning the 2 weeks of what are normally the happiest 2 weeks of my year sad to say but these are the 2 weeks when my god awful evil mother in law goes on holiday and I don't have to communicate with her. However I've actually had 6 weeks of nothing to do with her as she's decided she's too busy to see her grandkids my beautiful children 3 and 7! She has also avoided her son too only dropping a birthday card through the door for him yesterday (we were all in but she didn't knock) his birthday was on the 30th April!
She is one of the main reasons I'm so unhappy I live in Devon, my wonderful family live in London 240 miles away my hubby works all the hours god sends most of the time away. I am stuck here mainly on my own she doesn't help me with the kids or take them out and it's hard! I can't be ill or go to the gym or anything. I have good friends who help out but I'd love for the grandparents to help me. My hubby has decided that he's not going to let her back in to our lives anymore now coz this has happened too many times now, we'll have no contact with her for weeks and then she'll just pretend everything's ok!
Well no more! I drunk half a bottle of wine last night just to chill me out because just knowing she's near makes me so unhappy. She only lives 3 miles away and drives past our house most days. My hubby's dad is to scared to have anything to do with us in case she finds out!

So sorry to rant, I don't even care who reads this but I'm sooooo wound up I'm scared I'm gonna go off the rails today, were off out for the day my Kids are taking my hubby go- karting for fathers day then it'll be out for a big fat carvery and I know there will be temptations.

oh Tracy... sending the biggest of hugs \o/

sounds like you got a selfish mother in law.. and you better off without her... as the saying goes! you can choose your friends but not your family! concentrate on your good friends, they value you :)

As for drinking and going off track.... think of it this way hun! would you like to give her the satisfaction of you not losing weight or even gaining??? I really dont think you would! so be strong hun!
I have done a lot of searching this week on the reasons I fail when dieting and its normally cos of stress or someone else! this time I am not allowing anyone to be the reason! after all they dont physically put the food in my mouth I do that and then blame someone else:rolleyes:

You can do this hun! I read something the other day with regard to food and it made perfect sense! I will try find it and post it! basically it goes on to say how food wont rid stress, reduce pain, make you feel good..... may feel kike it at the time.... but then you beat yourself up for doing it and the cycle continues!!!!

I am sorry I am rambling and I hope I haven't upset you!

You have a lovely day! remember its you who is control and no one else! unfortunately we cant make people want to be part of our lives.... but you know what hun .... its their loss! and by the sounds of what shes like your kids are better off without her! I dont have contact with my mum (long story) and I never will but she is the one losing out! not me or my son :) we have plenty of other people who love us..... and so do YOU!

you can do this hun and for what its worth.... I am proud of you :D x

as promised here is some info on stress and emotional eating... interesting read
Why Stress Makes You Eat

Stress is any change in your normal routine or health. Stress occurs when bad things happen, as well as happy things. Getting a raise or promotion is stress, just as getting fired from your job is stress. Speculative changes cause just as much stress as veritable changes. Pensiveness or anguish about whether you will get that new job is stress the same as being offered a new position is stress. Often people use food to comfort themselves, relieve stress and have something to do when they're bored or sad. Many people mistakenly use food to accommodate certain basic needs, such as getting rest, expressing feelings, being intellectually stimulated and receiving comfort. Food isn't going to supply any of that. While many people use food in response to emotions like anger, frustration, loneliness and sadness, stress is felt to be the main cause of emotional eating.
Imagine that it is mid-morning and you encounter unexpected stress. Your boss e-mails you about a huge accounting error you've made, or your pediatrician calls to tell you your 6-year-old's lab results are abnormal. Your body goes into fight-or-flight mode. During a fight-or-flight reaction, your cells demand sugar for fuel -- and quickly. Unfortunately, on this particular morning, you skipped breakfast, and supper the night before was ice cream and a diet Coke.
You have a minimal amount of circulating blood sugar available to handle your stressful event. So, your liver releases part of its stockpile of stored blood sugar. When the stressful event is over, your blood sugar is low and depleted. Low blood sugar, known as hypoglycemia, causes weakness, anxiety, nervousness, shakiness and confusion. You feel weak, tremulous and irritable. You reach for a doughnut or a candy bar because your body craves sugar.
That was not the best choice. Eating simple sugars and junk foods will indeed raise your blood sugar, but only for a short time. As soon as that ingested burst of sugar is metabolized, your circulating levels of blood sugar drops back precipitously low. And, the cycle of irritability and poor mental performance continues.
So, What can you do?

1. Understand the Stress Response. When faced with a stressful situation, your brain signals the adrenal glands to release a hormone called cortisol. Cortisol, in turn, releases glucose and fatty acids into the bloodstream to provide energy to the muscles. High cortisol levels result in increased appetite and fat deposits, typically in the cervical area, trunk and abdomen
  2. Learn How Stress Impacts Eating. Stress can increase your appetite and make you crave foods that contain high calories and few nutrients. Unfortunately, researchers have not yet determined why stress-eaters tend to gravitate toward certain types of food.
  3. Don't Worry, Be Happy. So, what can you do to decrease stress? Instead of seeking comfort in food, engage in a pleasurable activity that doesn't involve calories! You might get a massage, visit a friend, read a book, watch an old movie or play games with your child.
  4. Take Charge. When faced with a stressful event, ask yourself what you can change to minimize the pressure. Elect to take charge of the situation instead of being victimized by it. In the process, your body will reduce the amount of cortisol it produces, which can minimize the harmful effects of prolonged hormone release.
  5. Eat a Variety of Foods. Because stress affects blood sugar, it is important to eat healthy meals throughout the day to maintain blood sugar levels. Stress-eaters tend to reach for sugary carbohydrates, so be sure also to include the recommended amounts of protein and fat in each meal.
  6. Eat Breakfast. A well-balanced breakfast provides protein, carbohydrate and fat that helps keep blood sugar levels steady throughout the day, reducing the tendency to reach for a candy bar or soft drink.
  7. Replenish Vitamin and Mineral Stores. Stress causes the body to "burn" more vitamins and minerals, specifically vitamin B complex, magnesium and zinc; these nutrients are needed for blood sugar balance. When their levels drop, stress levels increase. Also, the adrenal glands require more vitamin C and pantothenic acid (part of the vitamin B complex) during stressful times. To offset these needs, eat fresh vegetables and fruits daily.
  8. Get Physical. Moderate exercise can help reduce the body's production of cortisol during stressful times. Numerous studies have shown that moderate physical activity helps modulate mood, reduce stress, improve self-esteem and program the brain for optimism instead of pessimism. Do aerobic and anaerobic training on a regular basis, but don't overdo it. Taking your frustration out during a vigorous workout will further increase cortisol production.
  9. Get Plenty of Rest. Sleep deprivation affects blood sugar levels, increases cortisol and reduces the production of leptin (a hormone that signals that you are full). Go to bed a little earlier each night during trying times and aim for eight hours of sleep.
How do you know if you're really hungry or if it's stress induced?

There are several differences between emotional hunger and physical hunger. Emotional hunger tends to come on suddenly, while physical hunger occurs more gradually. When you're eating for emotional reasons, you tend to crave a specific food like ice cream, candy or pizza, and only that food will meet your need. When you're actually hungry, you're more open to options. Eating for emotional reasons tends to leave us feeling guilty when eating for physical hunger does not.
Since stress is here to stay, everyone needs to develop methods for invoking the relaxation response -- the natural unwinding of the stress response. Relaxation lowers blood pressure, improves respiration, lowers pulse rates, releases muscle tension and eases emotional strains. This response is highly individualized, but there are certain approaches that seem to work, including: exercise, deep breathing, muscle relaxation, meditation and having a good network of social support.

!

I found it on this site! some interesting articles to read that may help! The Website of Dr. Nancy Tice -Why Stress Makes You Eat

I agree with Luc!! It's her loss Tracy another big hug \0/ \0/\0/ You and your family are better of without her!! Keep to who's good to you and f*ck anyone who trys to give you stress in your life!!! Enjoy your day out with your family and just try to make sensible choices and i'm sure you wont go too far wrong xxxxx

Well I'm making centre cut steaks for lunch with loads of 0pp veg and a few potatoes!! Gonna have a 100% day today!! Dear lord I need it to get this gain off by Tuesday morning!!! xxxxxx

Damn u MrF - just put of reach again! Lol -we are all trying so hard to catch up!!

Zoe - 53lbs in 16 weeks?!?! Share the secret!!

Lauren -enjoy ur lunch :)

Lis - thanks for that - it was really interesting reading :)

Tracy - that sounds awful :( u poor thing! Hugs!!! She clearly isn't worth your time! U are so strong and wonderful! Pleased she is away... Would moving be an option if ur hubby is away anyways? Hope u enjoy your day :) enjoy the carvery :) xxx

Carly and Lauren just gonna work that out because its 20 weeks and i have updated my sig only my ticker. So its 53lb but in 20 weeks, will get that sorted later :(

Tracey i had an ex-mother-in-law like you, she stood in the street next to my daughter and totally blanked her and then complained to her son that i hadnt spoken to her. She used to tell people i wouldnt let her see her grandchildren so they felt sorry for her and i was the bad *****. Some people thought i was joking when i said how horrible she was as they all assume its the mother-in-law jokes but i really wouldnt pi*s on her if she was on fire so i totally know what you are going through with yours, dont let her get to you and i know that hard but tunnel the negative energy caused by her into something good, like go for a walk with your children or play football or something similiar with them in the garden, dont let her pull you down to her level because that is what she is trying to do. She is the one missing out on her lovely daughter-in-law, son and grandchildren. Go out today and enjoy yourself without the stress of thinking about her, shes not worth your time. I hope you have a great day go-karting :)

53lbs in a year is fab so 20 weeks is awesome!! I hope I'm anywhere near that by then!! Xx

That stress article was interesting :) although it doesn't explain why I gain when stressed because I don't eat any differently? Can anyone shed some light?

And WOW 53 lbs in 20 weeks??? Before I joined WW it took 2 YEARS to shift 15 lbs!!!

Lucylis, Carly, Lauren, needsmotivation.
Thank you so much, I'm literally at the end of my fuse with her, I'm such a strong person normally but this has ground me down for so long. I'm just hoping my husband stands his ground this time and only let's her back into our lives if she's gonna step up to the mark and be a real nan to her grandkids. I wish I could just move away, we've spoken today about it, but my sons so settled in school and we've some good mutual friends.

Excellent article sounds like it was written about me.

We had a great day it was my sons first time go karting and instead of £8 it cost us 3 times that coz we couldn't get him off of it. We had an excellent meal including 2 halfs of cider. But I hadn't eaten all day and still had 36 weeklies left.

Once again thankyou everyone for your kind and sensible words!

Tracy
xxx

Sounds like a really lovely day! She needs to step up but if she doesn't u are better without her! Hugs x

My mother in law is a ***** too. I know how crappy it is. I agree with Carly, better off without. I only speak to mine if its a wedding or funeral x

LittleRomany said:
My mother in law is a ***** too. I know how crappy it is. I agree with Carly, better off without. I only speak to mine if its a wedding or funeral x

Thank you, your mention of funerals though have got me thinking 'if only' I can't wait to put that cow in the ground!

xxx

Hey girlies!! Lmao - girlies came up Gurkhas on text predictor!!!

Tracey!! I totally know how you feel!! My mother in law was exactly the same!! When I had my first child, a girl, she 'mmmm'd and said girls are ok - but there's NOTHING like having a wee boy!!! This was in hospital the day after she was born!! She had 5 boys. Typical 'Ma Boswell' from Bread!! Told each one they were her fave. Then died with no will and left such a mess. She knew exactly the problems it caused as her husband died without making a will and she had a terrible time!!
She would send Xmas gifts - to everyone else, with love from mum or grandma. I got to Jackie. From Mrs Bannon!!
It did annoy me at first. But hey!! There were a lot of things more important to me and she was not one if them!!
Be the bigger person that you are!! She will have regrets while you won't have any....... Big hugs!! Jackie xx

Hahaha!! The funeral comments just reminded me of when she died!! My daughter was only 9ish and asked had she gone to heaven?!? I hadn't the heart to tell her, NO, she's gone straight to hell!!! xx
I do know I will see her there someday..... Lol xx

Jackieb68 said:
Hahaha!! The funeral comments just reminded me of when she died!! My daughter was only 9ish and asked had she gone to heaven?!? I hadn't the heart to tell her, NO, she's gone straight to hell!!! xx
I do know I will see her there someday..... Lol xx

Ha that just proper made me laugh out loud,
That's terrible about the gifts, my hubby got a txt from her the other day (coz she was too gutless to ring) and it said from Mags! Not from Mum!
Thank you Jackie

xxx

Lol Jackie! X

I have set up a new 28lb by new year challenge - 1lb a week - who's with me!!! It's in teams

I have also set up a Christmas challenge for those who want to aim higher and set a target for the next 6 months - also in teams section

Hope to see u all there xx

I am not in a good mood! My stomach and head are both killing me! I think it's stress! And my flaming scales are NOT budging! Still saying 3-4lb up! Ugh! I don't think I deserve that for having 1 bad day!

I think maybe my totm is due! It's the only thing that I can think of for making me hold so much WI! I think I will take my 1st holiday this week! And WI at home! I'll still be accountable for it! But we have a stand in leader this week and I'm not going to be told I have 3-4lb on when I'm already stressed enough! Xxx

Back