Anyone watch Sir Terry Pratchet on BBC?

Happy Holidays

Gold Member
Terry presented a programme, which was shown on the BBC last night.

The programme was about assisted dying. This is something I feel should be allowed here in England, and don't feel we should have to go to Switzerland if we are ready to end our lives.

The programme showed people who had decided to die with dignity and those who had decided to let nature take its course. The people who had decided to end their lives were ill & would soon have no quality of life.

If this is something you are interested in I'd recommend watching it. It was done with sensitivity and a good bias.

Yes I saw it.

I too am one of those who thinks assisted suicide should be legal.

Our *adopted* daughters birth mother chose assisted suicide. Astrid and her sister were with her and said it was so beautiful Their mother was able to tell them all how she felt and she died peacefully. She was extremely ill and was faced with having her legs amputated on top of everything else.

They are Dutch, so it was legal there.
Afterwards Astrid told us it was very beautiful and she was glad her mother could do it.

No, I missed it (Zumba class) but I strongly believe in assisted suicide, or whatever you want to call it. I watched my lovely Dad die a painful and humiliating death from a brain tumour, and no-one should have to suffer like that.

We don't let animals suffer, so why do we make human beings suffer?

Lots of love, Trace xxx

I have recorded it and hope to watch it tonight .I too think that we as humans should have the choice to have a dignified pain free death when faced with a slow agonising death from various medical conditions .
I understand the reasons why it remains illegal in this country , although dont agree with it , and think its a shame that people have to pay out so much money and travel so far to have the death they want . I will watch with interest

I watched it and was glued, very interesting but don't think i could ever go ahead with it if i was very ill. Lots of my friends watched it too and some had different views.

I had it sky+'d and am currently watching it. I think I agree with it, but I totally get why it is illegal in this country, and how it could be abused. I'll see if my opinion changes after watching it

I watched my lovely Dad die a painful and humiliating death from a brain tumour, and no-one should have to suffer like that.

We don't let animals suffer, so why do we make human beings suffer?

Lots of love, Trace xxx

My sentiments exactly.

I have already made it clear to my family that as I have a terminal illness that as soon as I say the word, it will be my choice, the arrangements will be made for me to go to Holland or Switzerland for assisted suicide. It is all in the pipeline.

I have a living will for here if I am still here when the end comes. I would not want resuscitation.

After watching my friend die an undignified death I would like to save myself and my family from going through that.
www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13763549

I think it is ok for people that are close to death but still unsure about people that have conditions that are not life threatening but they are not getting anything out the situation that they are in.

I think it is ok for people that are close to death but still unsure about people that have conditions that are not life threatening but they are not getting anything out the situation that they are in.

It is a hard one I know and a very personal one.

It needs careful control, but I do think it sould be legal.

It is a hard one I know and a very personal one.

It needs careful control, but I do think it sould be legal.

Totally agree.

Its a very sensitive subject. OH's Dad has MS and is very very ill and has been for a long time. Cannot do a thing for himself can hardly talk most of the time now, I know to a point he would consider this, and then I think 'how would we all feel'? 'how would our kids feel?' but then thats me being selfish because we love him and wouldn't want to lose him, yet looking at it from his point of view I could totally understand it :cry:

Totally agree.

Its a very sensitive subject. OH's Dad has MS and is very very ill and has been for a long time. Cannot do a thing for himself can hardly talk most of the time now, I know to a point he would consider this, and then I think 'how would we all feel'? 'how would our kids feel?' but then thats me being selfish because we love him and wouldn't want to lose him, yet looking at it from his point of view I could totally understand it :cry:

Our adopted daughter was so concerned about how she would feel about her mums euthanasia but as I said was so happy for her birth mum and was glad she had been with her at the end.

Back