Anyone watching 4...

festivalfairy

Finally a size 12!
... and is quite shocked at teenagers getting gastric bands????

YEP

Beige Food LOL....i like that :)

lol at the beige food thing - exactly what I was thinking about yesterday when trying to get my head round this diet.
It is shocking though!

I wouldnt of dreamt of saying to my mum ohhhh i want a gastric band she would of told me to go on a diet!! It just shows kids that they can eat what they want doesnt matter cause they can just go doctors and request a quick fix !! Grrrrrr ha ha makes me mad

i'm glad its on.....i'm sat in my hotel room all alone and any hunger i felt has completely gone!!!!!!

LAZY LAZY KIDS!!! The way they are talking they have NOOOOO intention of eating healthy!

So a gastric band is the "easy option?" madness!!!

Grrrr she made me mad that one with the glasses!!!! Good on the other girl enjoying her exercises x

And her FAT husband!!! Eating BIG EAT crisps ! and her fat family! ha ha sorry im on a rant!

Why isn't there more councelling available to help deal with the mind issues?

I think the NHS is stretched to breaking point and this should all start at home and will power and coucilling should be a separate issue. It annoys me how some people are not prepared to put in hard work

oooh, I have been forced to watch the football tonight but it has just finished - might have a look at CH4 + 1 :)

im not surprised? I think everyone should be entitled to the same from the NHS, if an adult overeats at some point and stuffs themselves to obesity why not a teenager? Everybody can lose weight just like that girl with diet and exercise :) I think they should take banding out the system all together and just give ppl nutritional advice like on the programme, there are alot of ex obese people on here who didnt use the system I believe anybody can do it.fat people should just get sent to minimins to see the fab success stories and join in! haha x :) x

OOhh what programme was this?

Gosh it was quite shocking but I think the girl with the trainer did very well and deserves a lot of praise and she has a lovely mother who is very supportive. The other girl with the overweight hubby should be totally ashamed of herself and he should be given a short sharp shock as well preferably 240V. I don't blame anyone for getting fat (I'm there) but her attitude just stank, I eat like a whale so YOU fix it. I feel really sorry for their child as he will probably end up obese as well.

I have 2 girls at home and try my best to get them to eat healthy, the 9 year old will eat anything and loves veggies the 14 year old thinks she is being poisoned if she doesn't eat sausages, burgers, Mcdonalds or KFC and now she has her own money I can't control her takeaways when she is out with her friends on Saturdays. She is steadily putting on weight although still ok for her age and height but I do worry and hope she will open her eyes soon.

Kaz

I watched this last night. My friend and I are both dieting and both very overweight and were SO chuffed for the girl HOlly who did so well with her exercise and eating - she had a great attitude, very mature, and we were so pleased she didn't go for the gastric band option.

We cheered when she said she's dumped the boyfriend too, lol. WAs just after i'd said "bloody hell, he'd have been gone by now if i was going out with him!".

And the girl with the huge lump of a husband didn't seem to really take on board the personal responsibility which let's face it, all overweight adults have to do.

When it comes to children though, i don't know, i feel that too many kids are being fed crap BUT mainly, they're being given too many choices at home. My friend and I both said our mums would never have given us a choice of what to have for dinner - it's there and you eat it!

Guess it's easy for me to say, i don't have children!!

I didn't see it either. I feel the main problem is too much availabilty of fast-food and ready meals and kids given too much money each week to spend on junk like crisps and sweets. I think the adverts shown on T.V. about excercise and kid size portions are a good idea but we need to educate primary school children to learn about cooking and trying healthy foods, maybe have some classes mixing the parents with the children to make cooking fun. I'd love to be involved with something like that.

i agree with you supaslimma. but i think we need good education across the board in schools too - and also at home. The girl who lost weight through diet and exercise on the prog last night didn't even seem to know how to make a stir fry!!

I'm not a massive takeaway addict, but i certainly know people who have 2/3 a week - they're so cheap and available constantly. But, you don't often see fat chinese people (in China, that is!) cos they don't have the culture of snacking or junk food that we do - their fast food is genuinely healthy for the most part!

My 5 year old nephew loves to get involved with cooking and i hope that continues. When i go and see him next week i'm going to take some recipes and see if he fancies making cheese and sweetcorn pasties for everyone's lunch :)

I think families arent prepared to cook anymore I remember when I was little my mum used to make home made meals and we never had crisps and crap in house! I only gained weight when my parents split and my dad had no clue what to feed us ha ha bless him. People are lazy and arent prepared to put in hard work to look their best anymore. When I look in the mirror I am proud as its me thats lost my weight not the doctor or a band all me (and LT hehehe) xxx

Back