Anyone weight train whilst on S&S?

RebekahR

Gold Member
Hi guys

Got the all clear post op to be starting up on the 20th, going to hang on till the 24th as I have a law exam, then get stuck in, really cant wait!

Anyway I weight train 4-5 times a week at the moment, powerlifting and a regular routine, my OH trains me once a week. So wondering really if anyone keeps up a regular routine whilst on plan??

I have dropped an email to Rob about adding in some protein powder post workout - the ones I use are 70cal, no carb, no fat. May well help in the long run.

Anyone else workout regularly and manage, any tips?? obviously keeping hydrated and maybe keeping a pack for post workout.

Hoping I can still weight train and zumba, and do my regular walking (3-5 miles most days)

Thanks in advance guys,

R x

hi rebekhah - i do quite a bit of exercise, and so when i started cambridge diet i was advised to do the 810 cal step, or take the exercise down, so now im on s&s im doing 3 s&s packs, chicken salad and a few protien snacks to make it up to 810 cals - i have the definity shake, which is 2 carbs, or some extra chicken and veg, maybe a mini babybel light and im always usually under 60g carb a day so im in ketosis. ive had good losses when i stick to it 100%, around 3-4 lbs a week, every week.

i have fallen off the wagon majorly though diet wise for weeks and am starting afresh today, but have kept up my exercise, yay! im a fan of zumba and body pump @virgin.

its up to you and how you feel in the end though - have a look at the cambridge diet website and their steps - it doesnt always have to be the least cal step for everyone :)

Thanks hun
Rob got back to me suggesting five packs plus a protein meal. Speedy reply as usual :)

well...call me cynical but they would say the option that makes the most business for them! but yeah, that will work out at around 810 cals and ive been fine exercising on that for up to 1.5 hours at a time - watch the carbs though is my advice becuase 810 is still not enough to fill me each day and i need to be in ketosis to get through it.

i heard people say on the cambridge diet forum when i did it 1st time around 3 years ago that you cant build muscle on a vlcd, but at that point i was on 810 and i started powerplate 4 times a week, and offfft my arms built muscle alright, i was so proud of them i was like ron burgundy kissing his guns ;)

knickers said:
well...call me cynical but they would say the option that makes the most business for them! but yeah, that will work out at around 810 cals and ive been fine exercising on that for up to 1.5 hours at a time - watch the carbs though is my advice becuase 810 is still not enough to fill me each day and i need to be in ketosis to get through it.

i heard people say on the cambridge diet forum when i did it 1st time around 3 years ago that you cant build muscle on a vlcd, but at that point i was on 810 and i started powerplate 4 times a week, and offfft my arms built muscle alright, i was so proud of them i was like ron burgundy kissing his guns ;)

Hello, I would have thought exactly the same as you re the 5 packs and wanting more business but me and my partner went to sns on Sunday to collect our packs and we said we wanted the 4 packs for me and the 5 packs a day for my other half, we assumed that's what the male and female had to have. Rob actually recommended we just buy the 14 days supply female deal as for my other half to get maximum weight loss he really only needed to have 4 packs a day which I though was really honest of him as like I said as new starters we assumed that men had to have 5 and women 4.

Or you could add extra protein, no carbs ie, 2 eggs, mackerel, cottage cheese is another option? I am doing kettle bells and just about to go up a size in weights..

Yeah I am thinking four packs and a protein shake- nectar is darn free

Hopefully still be able to powerlift as I really enjoy it

Back