Anyone with me?

That's really promising, isn't it. This does feel doable long term, I don't know about you but I'm really enjoying my food - more so than when not on a diet!! I find if I have carbs I feel sluggish rather than energised. Fat and protein all the way for me!

Yep, think you are right. Live and learn. I had vegetable curry with brown rice and I actually enjoyed it more than my usual. Yes, very do able.

Hello ladies how r u both ? X

I am really chuffed. I went away Thursday. I kept to the eating method but had beer, wine and scotch! I came back today and never put on an ounce! That has never happened before. How are you doing?

That's fantastic Bigbri! Such good news. We're still away and I have to confess to mixing carbs and fats in the form of buttered toast with breakfast. Done loads of walking so hoping that will balance things out. Haven't bought the scales away so will have to see what they have to say on Wednesday morning when I'm back.

How's things with you Honey J?

Well done. Hope it pans out. We did a bit of Hadrians Wall and got chased by a bullock!!

Ha ha! That's one way to burn a few calories!! We climbed a footpath into the woods up a hill - it got so boggy that we couldn't carry on so took a side path down the hill - clamoured over rocks and jumped across a stream but it led to someone's back garden gate. We had to walk through their garden, apologise to the owner, and get back on to the road!

Feeling bloated today after too much carb yesterday. Last day here then heading home tomorrow.

Oh, soon goes doesn't it. We are still on schedule but not weighing until Wednesday now. Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Morning Bri, back to life, back to reality, back to Harcombe! 5lb heavier in the scales today. Am not surprised as slowly slipped over the 5 days mixing more carbs and protein meals and having cheats and treats. Back on phase 1 now and ready to get back on track. Hopeful that 5lb will come straight off and I can start chipping away at the rest. How did your weigh in go?

Disappointed, I didn't lose anything. But I do feel slimmer. I must admit to some cheating with ale and wine but I thought that I had gotten the meals right. Terri is quite pleased as she lost another pound. We must all be a bit more careful this week. Good luck.

I think losses on this will be slow, but hopefully more permanent. I feel I want to put the focus more on feeling healthy and getting fitter rather than it being all about dropping numbers on the scales. Hopefully losing weight will be a by product of the other two. Certainly eating lots of protein and no processed food has made me feel better - my nails and hair are growing at a pace! I think after 18 months on what my OH referred to as 'space food' (my meal replacement diet) my body is crying out for real nourishment. Also with the exercise I am feeling better and can see I have lost some inches. Although disappointed with the holiday gain it was a lot less than the type of gains I used to get after breaking my very low calorie diet.

Just enjoyed eggs and Parma ham for breakfast. My temptation on other diets would have been to starve myself post-holiday to try and rectify the damage, but I want to keep feeding my body so it doesn't feel it needs to hold into anything. Will see what the rest of this week brings.

Good luck to you and Terri too.

Totally agree with that. We do feel better and Terri has nails! They normally break off. I am totally happy with this way of eating. It's a delight to be able to have a carb meal when I fancy. I look forward to every day's menu with excitement wondering what we are going to have. I am sure the weight loss will continue soon.

How's it going Bri? Not going great here - not for lack of trying. Thought the holiday gain would soon go but seem to be stuck. Have cut out dairy and carbs so fully on phase 1 but weight not budging. Disappointing. Going abroad in 9 weeks and really wanted to drop some weight before then as put on 2.5 stones since away last June and non of my holiday clothes fit me now!! Hope things are going better for you and Terri.

Oh that's rotten! I wonder what could be wrong? We are doing ok. Obviously loss has slowed but if I can lose another 1lb by Monday I will have lost a stone in 3 weeks. And for once Terri is keeping pace with me. Trouble is we are back at our van in Cumbria and weather not so good, so we tend to visit pubs! But we are enjoying this way of eating. Hope things turn round for you soon. Keep us posted.

It's been a bad weekend alcohol wise so not sure about weighing tomorrow. Will see how we feel. Hope you drop some of those lbs tomorrow.

How did you get on Bri? I've not lost any, stayed the same. Think I'm going to have to reduce my portions - 1 egg instead of two in a morning and less chicken at lunchtime and dinner. Can't think what else to do. Have stopped eating cheese, cream and butter and that's not made any difference. Just off to do my morning workout - I had hoped that would help but nope! Hope you've had a better result, let me know how you've got on.

I think in my case it's the years of yo-yo dieting and then 18 months on 600 calories a day that have screwed up my metabolism. I know this is a better and healthier way of eating but am still very overweight. If I was at goal and eating this way to maintain I would be fine with that - but I have over 4 stones to lose! Will see what this week brings.

We had a bad weekend. I put 1lb back on. Could be worse tho. It's not the food that's the problem, I like ale, claret and single malt and with the weather being what it was we hit the pubs. But it is not really our weigh day Monday. We really weigh Wednesdays so here is hoping we will have sorted it by then. Good luck with your new system.

Still no loss this morning. Will cut the wine out tonight in prep for our weigh day tomorrow.

I was lighter this morning, but still 4lb up on pre-holiday weight. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Back