Anyone with PCOS on cambridge diet sole source?

kate822

Hello,
As the title says, is there anyone with pcos on the sole source cambridge diet?
I am starting my diet tomorrow but would like some feedback from someone in a similar position as nothing else has helped me shift this extra weight:sigh:
Thanks,
Kate

yep me !!
i have pcos and was 17 stone im now 13 stone , got pregnant 2 yrs ago after loosing the wight and now im back to loose the rest goal 9 stone i will do it !!
this diet is great for the little buggers it kicks start your weight loss and if you had symptoms like me no periods hairy moody it all goes and the period comes
the diet rocks baby you will see if you need to chat pm me xxx

Hi Kate,

I'm have PCOS too and have turned to the CD as a last resort as we are TTC. I'm only on day 4 so a newbie too.

Hippychick, congrats on the weight lose and the baby. Wonderful to read about something positive about PCOS for once and to also hear that you had such a good result with CD!

Susie xx

me me me me me me

wohoooooo!
someone else thats hairy!!!!!!!

i am on day 4 today and i feel great, not had any bad days!

it actaully got to the point last night i thought i was doing it wrong!
I cannot wait till wed till first weigh in!

caroline
x

Caroline you are my CD twin :hug99:

I'm on day 4 and my first weigh in is on Wednesday too!!!!!!!! :)

Susie xx

well hello ma love!
how are you doing?

im really good, feeling but peckish the now so gonna have my last soup!
and aother litre of water which will take me up to just 3 litres today

how you finding the flavours?
my fav so far is spicy tom soup and oriental chilli

also love the tetra packs!

x

Thank you all so much for the replies and warm welcome. I actually have 5 children and falling pregnant has been hard but my worst problems are the weight, hairiness and moods so it would be great to get rid of all that. Can I ask do any of you take metformin? I've been taking metformin for about 3 and 1/2 years now and it stops me from putting on weight but doesn't help me lose it.
Well ,here's to tomorrow!
Kate

hi kate!

is it sad that im still on???????
i need to get a life!!!!
but i suppose its stopping me eating!

fantastic, 5 kiddies! that always makes me smile
hopefully i will one day!
need a period first though

i was on met for 3 months but had to come off!
i felt awful, didint work for me at all

i have not ate any carbs since last sunday and being doing the diet since thursday and i cannto believe the difference in how un bloated i feel
i dont have major wind anymore:D

Well I am feeling very nervous about tomorrow but I think I'm going to get great support from here.
I've made myself a ticker so I can see what's going on weight wise!
Talk to you all tomorrow.
Kate

I have PCOS and went form 20 stone 7 to 13 stone 10 in just under 6 months. Then my doctor gave me two months of Clomid to try for my 6th baby before embarking on IVF/Fertility treatment as i had been ttc for over 2 years. (one of the reasons i needed to lose weight)First course of clomid i fell pregnant and obviously stopped the diet and now have my 6th baby who is 5 weeks old.

My symptoms havent changed eg heavy periods, hairy face ect but i feel 100% better.

julesrush

Hi all....

I too have PCOS and I have two children....my youngest is 9 months old and there's 3 years, 1 month and 1 day between her and my son. On my son, I found out the day I was due to start Clomid - I lost 2.5 stone before I conceived him...my daughter was a surprise...a welcome one but a shock as I had lost 3 stone...

Everytime I lost weight(through GI diet or WW) I got pregnant....but after my daughter, my symptoms got worse...heavy AF, weight gain, crap skin.

When I started CD, I was 14 stone 13 lbs, I've lost 12 so far...I feel great, my skin feels great...I am not TTC as I feel my family is complete but never say never!!!

Kate - how'd it go??

i always love baby stories from pcos laydddessssss like maself!

keep brooding!

x​

hi i was diagnosed with pcos yesterday don't know much about it they did not go in to detail .only that i wont get help till I'm down to bmi 30 or lower:(

i already have two kids youngest is nearly 5 but have been ttc for 12 months and periods disappeared at Xmas so I'm now under the fertility clinic but so far iv lost nearly 2 stone and my period turned up iv got 2 stone 3 to go :( before ill get any help

I have PCOS and am taking metformin, yeah your right the metformin helps you not gain weight but it doesn't make you lose it either. I started SS in Jan weighed 10.7lb I'm only 5". I got down to 8.7lb by March which was fantastic but the minute I ate even like a salad & fish 4lb would hit, the minute I ss, 24hrs later i lose 4-5lb. It's weird and my hubby did cambridge too but he hasn't had this problem he has only regained 7lb over 8 wks and is back eating normally. I'm now back to 9.11lb and feel shocking so I'm ss'ing again in the hope with strict maintenance I can keep it off this time. Good luck Kate !!

DX

Hi another one with PCOS.

We tried for a baby for 2 years before they discovered I had it, put me on Metformin, booked in me for lap and dye and 3 weeks after taking Met fell pg so didn't have to have lap and dye. I think its a miracle drug - go metformin.

There is a good diet called Vitaline which is for ladies with pcos and I lost 7lb in my first week on it before I fell pg and then fell pg and stopped. I know it works for alot of pcos ladies to loose weight.

I think I am better having no choice and doing Cambridge ss so not trying vitaline again.

Losing weight defiantely helps getting pg with pcos.

Desperate to get this weight off before we try for another baby as sure that will help.

Bluechick

Hi! I'd love to know if any of the ladies on this post were successful? I have PCOS as well and only time I was able to lose the weight was when I was on lipotrim and after 3 months and 2 stone later i got preggers! Now I'm on CD as couldn't face the Lipotrim flavours again. For me losing the weight made all the difference when it came to TTC.

I have PCOS too! I have 2 healthy kids :)

me too, 3 kids and since doing this i feel ten times better! I'm on a restart but last time i did it i actually started having periods again!

Back