Aoife's refeed diary

The fruit salad sounds lovely!!!
You are doing so well and I too am being weighed on thursday, so look forward to finding out how you did.

It is nice when you are able to do things that you werent able to do before....the worlds seems to open up :)

Have a great day!

Hiya,

Thanks for your messages, really appreciate the support.

Monday - Day 5

Brekkie - 10 blueberries & spoon of f/f yog - friend had asked if I wanted to go for a quick paddle (I canoe) before work, so didn't want to go on the water with an empty stomach etc and felt is was too early to have a shake.

Lunch - 2 slices soya & linseed bread, slice lean ham, with lettuce, scallions, cucumber, with a little f/f yog with blob of mustard. + a small salad

Pre dinner – was asked to play a tennis after work so would not have time to cook Bolognese so had 20 grapes and f/free yog before going to it. – think it might have been too much for a fruit serving.

Dinner – late, Bolognese made with extra lean mince (with the fat drained off), low fat tomato sauce with garlic, onion, carrots, sugar snap peas and a mild chillie and mixed herbs. I made enough for 4 portions. So froze 2 of them.
Had 6 oz of new potatoes.
Afters – strawberries & f/free yog.

Then didn’t really want my shake but thought I’d better have it so made the chocolate shake into a hot chocolate before bed.

Water : 2 +. Coffee : decaf 7 caf 3. (black)
Exercise : 45 mins paddle & 1.5 hrs gentle tennis – but good craic.

I just hope I didn’t do wrong by no having a shake first thing, but thought that if I could have fruit during the day as a snack, then in the morning it would not do much harm.

But have to original schedule this morning with the shake first think, I’m using all my TFR shakes first, as hope to do re-feed for 2 weeks.

Thanks Scots, I know that was my focus for losing weight. I love Hillwalking and with up one of the big ones in N.I. and struggled and was constantly lagging behind the others, I knew it wasn't laziness, just the extra weight.

Fingers crossed on Thursday for both of us, and Nicolas. Were nearly there which is hard to believe.

Hiya,

Thanks for your messages, really appreciate the support.

Monday - Day 5

Brekkie - 10 blueberries & spoon of f/f yog - friend had asked if I wanted to go for a quick paddle (I canoe) before work, so didn't want to go on the water with an empty stomach etc and felt is was too early to have a shake.

Lunch - 2 slices soya & linseed bread, slice lean ham, with lettuce, scallions, cucumber, with a little f/f yog with blob of mustard. + a small salad

Pre dinner – was asked to play a tennis after work so would not have time to cook Bolognese so had 20 grapes and f/free yog before going to it. – think it might have been too much for a fruit serving.

Dinner – late, Bolognese made with extra lean mince (with the fat drained off), low fat tomato sauce with garlic, onion, carrots, sugar snap peas and a mild chillie and mixed herbs. I made enough for 4 portions. So froze 2 of them.
Had 6 oz of new potatoes.
Afters – strawberries & f/free yog.

Then didn’t really want my shake but thought I’d better have it so made the chocolate shake into a hot chocolate before bed.

Water : 2 +. Coffee : decaf 7 caf 3. (black)
Exercise : 45 mins paddle & 1.5 hrs gentle tennis – but good craic.

I just hope I didn’t do wrong by no having a shake first thing, but thought that if I could have fruit during the day as a snack, then in the morning it would not do much harm.

But have to original schedule this morning with the shake first think, I’m using all my TFR shakes first, as hope to do re-feed for 2 weeks.

Thanks Scots, I know that was my focus for losing weight. I love Hillwalking and with up one of the big ones in N.I. and struggled and was constantly lagging behind the others, I knew it wasn't laziness, just the extra weight.

Fingers crossed on Thursday for both of us, and Nicolas. Were nearly there which is hard to believe.

All sounds rather yummy this food :)
Now, I think I am hungry :)!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day! Yes, Wk 1 will soon be over and we will be onto Wk 2, although Nicola will be on hols :)!!

Day 6 - Tuesday

Brekkie:
LT – Strawberry Shake

Lunch:
4oz turkey breast sliced, potato
Potato salad – made with f/free F/frais, spring onions, and chives.
Lettuce, raw mushroom, beetroot, 1/3 yellow pepper and rocket leaves
Afters – Peach with ff f/frais

Dinner
Bolognese
Baked spuds
Large salad

Snack late – banana & grapes & ff f/frais

However I was still hungry to polished off the grapes with FF f/frais so had far too many, but they are now eaten and cannot tempt me tonight.

Water : 2+, Coffee: caf 3 & 4 decaf, Diet drink: low calorie ginger ale
Exercise: Run2/walk2 x 7 before work & badmington (first time, after work).

You are doing so well Aoife,,,but like I said before you are doing a lot of exercise which will be making you ravenous :)!!

Like the sound of the potato salad, might pinch that recipe :)

You are certainly having variety as well, which is great!

Have a good day Aoife!

Your menu's are looking great, you are doing really well.
Making me hungry reading them and its only 10am!

My tummy's rumbling.........mmmm. You are doing brilliantly well, healthy food is totally delicious, isn't it!!!!!

Hiya,

Day 7 - Wednesday

Brekkie - LT Shake

Lunch: 2 slice Soya & Linseed Bread
1 slice of lean ham, with lettuce, cucumber, and spring onions spread with a little f/f f/frais & mustard
small salad
Apple & yogurt

Dinner:
1 can of tuna in spring water, mashed with ff f/frais and spring onions
Baked potatos
Salad
Chopped apple & peach with 0% Fat Greet Yog

Then when I came home from the club paddle night, I had a hunger, so had a banana & apple chopped with yog and still wanted more, so had more yog with WW f/f jelly crystall sprinkled on top. Finally it subsided. It might have been that I was hungry, and after sitting in the pub with everyone munching on fish & chips and not eating (funny enough I didn't want any), so was worried today a WI, convinced that I had put on weight.

Water: 2 +; Coffee: 5 decaf 3 caf,
Exercise: Pre-work: 30 mins yogalates dvd Evening: Club Paddle which usually about couple of hours.

I went for my WI and I'm walking on air at the mo. I've lost 1 lb. I must have walked back down to the office with the biggest smile on my face, because strangers were giving me big smiles back. So I'm hoping to do the refeed 4-7 days list this week again, but heading home to my Mum and she's already talking about steak burgers - eek! so told her I'm doing the cooking all weekend and she can put her feet up, and put butter on all her spuds.

The only thing that is annoying about refeeding, while on TFR my skin had clear, but now it's getting bad again. i.e. my knuckles are getting red raw and chapped, my elbows are still grand though. I'm doing nothing different to what I was doing while on TFR. I used to have an idea that wheat did not agree with me, and I wonder if it could be related.

Last edited:
Well done on your loss thats great.

Sorry to hear about your skin going bad after TFR, could it be the water, are you still drinking lots?

well done on your loss aoife, i doin the same as you going to stick to menu for days 4 -7 while i on hols goin tommor, did all my food shoping just now! bringing it with me! have a great time this weekend bet your mother will enjoy all your cooking if it tastes half as nice as it looks on this thread she will love it ;) best of luck next week, will pop in if i can find a computor!!!

Hi Aoife

Well done you on your 1lb loss.....I bet the smile got bigger and bigger :)

You are doing brilliantly.

Sorry to hear about your skin; like Mary says maybe it is the fact you were drinking lots of water...not sure...

Have a great weekend and I am sure your mum will enjoy you spoiling her :) Do you want to come and do my cooking too :) Your menus are yummy!!

Take care and again, well done sweetie!

Well done on your lb!!

You could be right about the wheat thing but I've heard people having a similar reaction to dairy ... just a thought

Enjoy your hols people!! xx

Thanks for your support, I think it might be a wheat thing, but not gluten if that makes sense, because I usually can have spelt flour etc. I'll keep making sure I'm drinking loads of water. Maybe after this week, looking for other wheat free alternatives (it would be hard and a lot of them can be high in carbs & calories), ach see how it goes.

Thursday – Day eight

Breakfast: LT – Bar

Lunch: Sandwich – 2 soya & linseed bread, lean ham, lettuce and spring onion with cucumber
Spread with ff f/frais
Sliced apple & banana dipped into strawberry fat free yogurt

Dinner: 2 Quorn Sausages, Baked Potato with a squirt of extra low fat mayo, and nuked pepper, onion, garlic and mushrooms. Apple x 2 and ff f/frais

Water: 2 + , Coffee: 4 decaf & 4 caf & Tea with skimmed milk: 2
Exercise: 40 mins morning paddle (kayaking on local lake).

Then disaster

Now I have a confession. After work I went shopping popped into Penny/Primark and managed to get into a size 10 it's a wee bit tighter than I like, but a size 10 all the same. So it must be remnants of my years at WW I came home very late, to had dinner, grand but during my shop I found sugar free/carb free marshmallows, I thought I could have one. NO, I had the pack, then there was no stopping me I had bag of Jelly Babies which were my favourites in the past. Didn’t taste that great but ate them anyway (why did I do it?), then I thought is would be a great idea to taste all the breakfast bars I had, which I was hoping to go onto after refeed I didn’t actually eat all of each bar, but I think it was more curiosity really. So I munched on them, and chucked out half when I got the taste. Then had the most painful belly ache. This morning my belly is still aching, and I’m glad I have my own office today. It’s done and can’t be undone. So this morning I’m dusting myself off and starting again and not going to cut back, but just keep going. As cutting back it what I used to do in WW and then that would lead to another binge attack. It’s scary when that happens, but saying that I do have reduced fat digestives and two chocolate penguin bars in the cupboards which I didn’t touch. So diet today is:

Friday – Day Nine

Breakfast: 1 boiled eggs, cut in two and spread onto 2 slices of soya & linseed bread (still have almost half a loaf left)

Lunch: Green salad with 4 cherry tomatos – splash Balsamic Vinegar
LT – bar
Have banana & yogurt if hungry

Dinner: Spaghetti Bolognese
Baked potatoes
Salad – Green only

Water : 2 +; Coffee: caf 4 & decaf ?
Exercise: Run 2 / Walk 2 x 7 (week 6 – Running Made Easy Programme) – Have completed this before work this morning.

Heading to the pictures tonight with a friend so that should hopefully break the cycle of continuing eating for the evening after dinner.

Hope you all have great weekends.

Hi Aoife

Oh, sorry to hear about your wee binge attack!!! But, at least you nipped it in the bud straight away. It is amazing, how easy it is to get back into that frame of mind...so, you have said it and you need to move on now - eh! I am sure you can do it, if anyone, you can!

It is just a blip!!!!!

Now, you said you are not cutting down today, but from what I see, you have!!!! Cause you were eating a lot more the past few days...dont get to the point where you are hungry and want to start nibbling again! Just look at what you are saying you are going to have, and look back on the past few days....it is greatly reduced (in my opinon it looks so)!!! So, come on woman, dont get into that cycle :)!!

Listen, it happens a lot..from what I have been reading lately. We will never escape these times and from also reading the refeed sheet, apparently sometimes a binge is good (or maybe not a binge, but you know what I mean)....because if we are craving something and dont allow ourselves to have it, then we think about it all the time and then do more damage..you have got that out of your system, and now you have bellyache, so you know the consequences...good lesson.

Hang in there and you will be ok......take care and thinking of you!

By the way, well done on the size 10!!! WAWWWW..that is my goal, so I will be watching you ;-)!!

Take care

Oh thank you Scots, I probably would have more but honestly my stomach is in agony this morning. I have more fruit in with me at work, just incases. But I'm trying to ease the discomfort at the mo. Once my tummy eases and I hope sooner rather than later, I'll be eating more.

I'm feeling sorry myself, but I know it's self inflicted. Definitly a good lesson learnt. So glad I did it this weekend as I'm away to Rathlin next weekend with my canoeing club and would not fancy having a belly ache while away - we'll be outdoor walking and paddling all weekend. So now know, I'll have to leave the sweet things on the back burner for a while. We usually bring chocolate bars with it for energy, but think I might try making my own flapjacks with maybe less sugar & fat or something. I'll have to go exploring the internet for recepies. Maybe make my tea cake, wheatfree or something.

Oh Aoife poor you!! I didnt read into it that it was because of the stomach ache...so sorry!

Have you taken something for it? Maybe some peppermint tea might just help, esp if you are bloated, etc.....always good to relax your stomach muscles.

You got it out of the way, and that can be a good thing, and I know you will be determined...just bottle up this feeling, and remind yourself when you feel an attack coming on.

Take care sweetie!

Thanks Scots. The stomach is easing a little now. But definitly a lesson learned. I've some pepermint tea at home will try a big mug when I get home. Hope you are having a better day.
If I can't get back on here today, hope you have a good weekend in Glasgow.

It happens chick, just put it behind you and do as you are doing. Even after 4 months odd, I still get the occassional binge attack, they do seem to be getting less frequent, but mine is usually after the alcohol day.

Now, if I could stop drinking on my days off, I know I wouldnt binge. Maybe join AA...........lol.

Funny isn't it Mary? Because I'm bad at work & not bad at all when off - even when drinking. I think it's a boredom thing more than anything.

Anyway - Aoife, as you're said, it's done, it's over and you're very wise not to fall back into the trap of trying to play catch-up. Somehow that always backfires in the end.

I hope you're feeling better now and have a good weekend! xx

Jan, mine is the day after too much alcohol, I want to eat everything in sight, but thankfully I dont - just a quarter of it lol

Back