Apple/Lemon Chicken

Meli

Gold Member
I'm on a red day today so planning to make this chicken tonight (low fat version).

My mom used to put olive oil, but will try it out with the fry light.

Ingredients:
Chicken Pieces
2 apples
dash of lemon juice
salt
pepper- to your taste
1 onion
fry light

---

Spray a little fry light and heat the chopped onion and chicken pieces until golden. Add the unskinned, chopped pieces of apple and move around until soft. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Add a little water so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan and you have a nice sauce and simmer for about 15-20 mins.

The sauce is really nice so I normally end up using my 2 health extras on ww bread.

I'm sure this would come out really nice in the slow cooker if I knew how to use mine.

u may have to syn the apples hun as i recall someone telling me once you cook an apple it has to be syned something to do with the sugar in them it wont be many syns though recipie sounds yummy xx:)

Was looking in the book and it says 369g apple stewed as a Healthy Extra B, so I assume if you use it in this way it won't be a Syn? Sorry I'm new to this.

yeah u could do that or syn it xx

Just wanted to add that I made this today and it did come out nice, even my son loved it! I'm sure it would come out nicer with the darker pieces of meat, but I used chicken breast pieces.
I also used red Gala apples, don't like the taste of the green apples.
Also you need to add quite a bit of water so that the apple turns into a sauce. Took about 20-30 mins on Low-Medium Heat.

Let me know if anyone else tries this recipie and what you think of it.

mmmm

Back