Approaching week 4 and feeling the pressure.

Keeno

Well I suppose the title of the thread says it all.
Week 4 will commence on Monday and I’m stuck in a bit of a rut.

So far I have lost 9lb, including this weeks weigh in at -4lb. (my second ww meeting). After the meeting , i was so thrilled with myself that I (stupidly) decided to celebrate with a burger king. I tried to convince myself that If i just had a small burger and fried with a diet coke, it wouldn't be so bad... Little did I know that this would send me spiralling out of weight watching control. :mad:

Its clear that I know when and where my initial failure happened but I cant seem to get out of this bad food rut.

I’m stuck. (and very angry with myself) :doh:

Anyone have any ideas or motivation that could assist with the stupidity I am experiencing it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

Dont be annoyed or angry with yourself, we all do it.

On weigh day i always have a treat such as a Burger King/KFC/Subway and it hasnt affected my losses. You can take it out your weeklies if you are really worried. We all need treats otherwise it will seem like a diet rather than lifestyle change. I imagine it spiralled out of control because you automatically assumed it would be bad which then changed your mindset and you then felt guilty. Takeaways do not need to be bad especially if you dont have them everyday and you point what you have.

Most of all, try to not to worry about it otherwise you will find it harder to get out of the cycle.

Nat

Worry not. Try to point it: there are guides online that give you the points try this one: Weight Watcher Points for Burger King you should find what you need to point it.

If by any chance you've gone over your 49, you have two options:

1) up your exercise level and use your activity points towards filling the gap
2) use the strategy I used to survive the Christmas week: multiply your daily allowance by 7 and add to the total the 49. Then subtract what you had up to now and divide the sum by the remaining days, and STICK TO IT RELIGIOUSLY even if it's less than 26.

For example, on my Xmas week I had 62pp on Xmas day, 48 on St Stevens day and 38 on the day after. I have 26 daily pp plus 49 weekly, so that makes 231 weekly points. 231-148 = 83, 83/4=20.75. Hence, I had 21 points on the Wednesday and 20 every following day, ensuring to fill up on fruit and veg. I exceeded by 3pp the 231 because on New Year's Eve at midnight I opened a 200ml mini bottle of champagne. Technically however that was in the following week. I also upped my exercise and burned 2400 calories that week. When I hopped on the scales on New Year's Day though, I had actually LOST 100g! YES I lost over Christmas! The technique WORKS! I spoke about it during my meting and my leader was impressed and said that although it's not following 100% the ww rules, I did have the right nutrients during the week as a whole so it was OK.

Or you could just draw a line, consider all your 49 gone and just have your daily allowance up to WI... and if you put on something just put it down to experience and start a-fresh next week :)

Great advice from Kagome. I don't really know how to follow that!

Look, you are not spiralling out of control. You are here, admitting what you ate and how you feel about it and wanting to find a way to stop this from happening. That's all good.
If you're like me and most people who are on this diet or even, on this website, you have years of bad habits to change. That does not happen over night. It is going to be hard some times, sometimes you are going to want to give up. If you do give up- that's when you spiral out of control.

Follow Kagome's advice, get through this week to your next weigh in. Draw a line under it and look forward positively. All is not lost and you can learn from this. Best of luck and don't beat yourself up over it.

Thankyou so much to all who have replied. I spent days being angry with myself, but like aforementioned I've written off my 49 weeklies and just stuck religiously to my daily 26.

The last day or 2 has been a lot easier though. I ordered a new dress online in a size smaller than usual and guess what.. it fits!!! If that's not motivation then I don't know what is.

You're all so supportive on here. It makes this journey seem more achievable. Just knowing I have somewhere to go and vent my frustrations rather than direct them towards close friends and family.

I'd like to thank you all from the bottom of my heart.... Here's to a new me!!! (raises a glass of diet coke) .

:) x

Whoop!
See, all is not lost :)
Keep the chin up x

Back