April Check-in

Thank you. I'm really pleased with it especially as I'm not getting any exercise due to sitting on my bottom studying at the moment. I am like you, I want to get to my target weight and keep it off. The key to it is stopping binging, especially on rubbish. I get lazy and instead of making meals I eat crisps and junk.

It's so difficult when you struggle to find time to exercise (or often can't be bothered like me :)) I tended to snack on low point rubbish before too and I wanted to change that. My tastes have definitely changed over a year. I think diet is the main way to lose weight rather than exercise, but exercise definitely helps it shift quicker plus shrinking and firming you in the process. I have a love hate thing going on with it.

What are you studying?

Hey Honey-j, are you following vintage too? How are you getting on?

I'm like you with exercise Hules. But I really want to get outside for walks once my exams are over. I feel like I've been cooped up for months. I'm doing a law degree and it takes every ounce of willpower I have not to eat loads of junk because I'm a stress eater and it helps me to revise!

That some serious revision! Perhaps you need a plan of action? What about working out your meals, seeing what you have left, take off a few points for emergencies then divide the rest between treats. You can then use these as a reward when you've completed a task or set amount of time studying? Have them already planned in to your day rather than rooting them out when you are bored or hungry (I always make rubbish decisions then!).

I got up and went for a run(shuffle) this morning. Hubby went first and made me feel guilty :) feel good for it now though. I'm on a roll!

Wow. What a great start to Sunday. No wonder you feel good!

To be honest, I'm so focussed on the subjects and can't concentrate on anything else therefore I can't plan my food but I'm doing okay so far with lots and lots of low point popcorn and rainbow drops so hopefully they will see me through!!!!

Heh heh! Go rainbow drops!

I know!!!! I've cleaned out the shelves of our local Semichem!!!

So how has your day gone? I'm just having a cuppa which puts me to 23/25.5 (did a 18.5/22 yesterday). I'm not counting any exercise yet. And just to add to my crazy weekend of activity I played golf this afternoon, fab in the lovely sunshine! I'm feeling it now though, I had to stretch when I got home!

Your exercising is great at the moment. Well done. Long may it last!

My day has been fine. Not much exercise (in fact none!) due to studying but I have finished the day on 18/19. When I did the questionnaire to calculate my points I made sure that I chose 'sitting most of the time' so hopefully I'll still lose. I weigh in on Tuesdays. When is your weigh-in day?

I guess it will be Friday as that's when I started. No planned exercise for the next few days. I've a full day at work tomorrow which will be mostly on my feet and I can only eat what I take with me so that should be fine. The danger time is when I get home from work!

Well done staying in points today, I'm sure you will lose! It won't be long and you'll be able to get out with the pedometer.

Hey Honey-j, are you following vintage too? How are you getting on?
I reallyyyyyyy want to give it a go...

Would 20 points be enough a day ??? How many are you both on ??? Please xx

I'm on 19. I was on 20 but dropped a point as soon as I started seeing the 11s on the scales when weighing in first thing in the morning. (My stats below are the official WW meeting scales on a Tuesday night).

I'm on 22. Go back to the vintage main page and one of the stickies by Starlight tells you how to work out your daily points. Otherwise I need to know your age, weight, height and whether you are mostly sitting, standing or moving in a day and if you're breastfeeding.
Have you done old ww before? There's other points info on the stickies and on the Discovery boards (same thing). I love vintage, makes sense to my brain.

I love it because it seems to work best for me over all others.

I'm on 22. Go back to the vintage main page and one of the stickies by Starlight tells you how to work out your daily points. Otherwise I need to know your age, weight, height and whether you are mostly sitting, standing or moving in a day and if you're breastfeeding.
Have you done old ww before? There's other points info on the stickies and on the Discovery boards (same thing). I love vintage, makes sense to my brain.
ive only ever vintage in 2008 I think with my nan that was ages ago.

Ok im 30
13.7 weight
5ft5 height
moving in the day
no children
thank you. Personally I'd aim for 21 a day. My friend years ago did 17-18 points a day and lost loads and is the same weight today as I still work with her.

Thanks ladies

I will message my nan to see if she's still got any info- she never throws anything out lol

So if you are 'walking most of the time' you will be on 26 points or 24 points a day if you are 'occasionally sitting, but mainly standing'. The thing is with ww if you start too low you will lose drop pounds, but you'll have nowhere to go when you need to drop points as you start to plateau. If I were you I'd start on 24 and see how you go, you should still lose the weight and have more to play with (ie munch on). Hopefully you'll get down to 21 soon enough :)

It'd be great if your nan does have the bumph, it'll make it loads easier to follow everything. I've got the shopping guide, I use it all the time and I've done ww on and off for YEARS!

So I ended the day squeezing in a 24/24. I came home from work and got into a bit of a panic eating frenzy but managed to stop myself at 3 chunks of apetina and a corn cake. Hubs then took over and made dinner (chilli wraps) getting me out of the kitchen. Hope everyone else's day went okay! X

Back