are bars nice?

happy&healthy

Just wondering really, I've started with 50 choc shakes, but an odd bar would be handy for days I work etc. Just wondering if the exante ones are nice? I tend to work better with less choice instead of more which is why I like sticking mainly just to shakes.

I quite like them, and they are very handy for sticking in your handbag if you're out for the day. Plus they give you something to actually eat, as opposed to just drinking.

I just got my first batch of bars, both flavours. Am kinda on the fence. They are very filling, nice and chewable, the flavour is reasonably ok but I'd have preferred the flavour a little stronger maybe? I've had a few Tesco ones and they are tastier by far but sadly I don't seem to be able to get them in my town anymore :-( I have had an idea tho, am going to mix a bit of vanilla shake to a spreadable paste, cover half the bar and shove it in the freezer to harden for fifteen minutes, the idea sounds quite yummy in my brain! We'll see..! ;-)

You really need to try them to decide. For every person who says yes they're nice you'll find someone who says no they're not :)

I'm having an issue with the bars, I had one last night and then one for breakfast today - and a couple of hours later my tummy was actually rumbling! That's not happened since I started six weeks ago. Anyone else get hungry after eating a bar?!

I quite like the bars, comparatively speaking. I can't say I'd noticed being particularly hungry afterwards, but then the timing of when I eat them means that it's usually less than three hours until I have a shake anyway. (I don't eat breakfast because I'm never hungry in the morning, so I have soup for lunch at 1 or 2, a bar when I get hungry in the late afternoon between 4:30 and 5.30, then a shake for my evening meal at 7:30 or 8).

A little thing I've noticed since introducing the bars, I'm finding it much easier to 'go'! They certainly agree with my digestive system! (possibly tmi, sorry!)

The bars are amazing, especially the chocolate and orange ones! They don't tast like diet bars at all it's weird! However because they're so nice I find them very moreish!

I have had an idea tho, am going to mix a bit of vanilla shake to a spreadable paste, cover half the bar and shove it in the freezer to harden for fifteen minutes, the idea sounds quite yummy in my brain! We'll see..! ;-)

This sounds great! Did it work??

But on the original note, I love the exante bars. I couldn't cope without chewing and they taste good. Especially choc orange, it doesn't taste diety at all, I'd eat them if I wasn't on a diet lol

I never got round to trying it! I rarely have time to plan a meal. That's always been part of my problem. Maybe I'll try tomorrow seeing as its going to be so hot. After I've weighed in, if I don't feel like raiding the snack cupboard! ;-)

Nope. Don't have the patience to wait for any recipes to set/bake - I've even taken to just shoving a straw straight in the jug I mixed the shakes up in!!!

I do that loads ;) why add to the washing up??

Back